Raid Issues

Hi,

those people trying out the raids have been having a hard time of it lately - the client gets unstable and either slows right down, disconnects or simply does a CTD.

It appears there's two main causes for this - the way the mobs spam skills like a group of kids downing M&M's - this would have an adverse effect, and also the visibility of player skills and hull/shield updates are too frequent.

Also once the leech/drain/sap skills behave like they did in live it'll make a big difference as well (nowhere near as many shield saps pinging off every 2 seconds).

The question is - have you noticed anything else that might be helpful in reducing the lag?

Please also check the ctrl+I 'data vol' reading while doing raids and can I get the typical and biggest values you see. I was sitting around next to BBG and even just alone with all the skills firing off the data volume was getting close to 2000, which is getting close to data overload even without another 11 players all doing their thing.

We clearly need more efficiency measures, so I'll be working on that for this week. I have a few ideas for this, so plenty to be getting on with for now.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1304920725' post='40414']
Hi,

those people trying out the raids have been having a hard time of it lately - the client gets unstable and either slows right down, disconnects or simply does a CTD.

It appears there's two main causes for this - the way the mobs spam skills like a group of kids downing M&M's - this would have an adverse effect, and also the visibility of player skills and hull/shield updates are too frequent.

Also once the leech/drain/sap skills behave like they did in live it'll make a big difference as well (nowhere near as many shield saps pinging off every 2 seconds).

The question is - have you noticed anything else that might be helpful in reducing the lag?

Please also check the ctrl+I 'data vol' reading while doing raids and can I get the typical and biggest values you see. I was sitting around next to BBG and even just alone with all the skills firing off the data volume was getting close to 2000, which is getting close to data overload even without another 11 players all doing their thing.

We clearly need more efficiency measures, so I'll be working on that for this week. I have a few ideas for this, so plenty to be getting on with for now.
[/quote]

I suppose one way would be to get rid of some superfluous things like missile trails, engine trails, maybe even change the animation of large projectiles, especially from mobs. It would not be as pretty but it would help overload.

[quote name='Kumquat' timestamp='1304923535' post='40417']
I suppose one way would be to get rid of some superfluous things like missile trails, engine trails, maybe even change the animation of large projectiles, especially from mobs. It would not be as pretty but it would help overload.
[/quote]

this is one area that's had a lot of attention already. There already is a big throttle on weapons fire showing, which prioritises the player - ie shots being fired at the player and the player's own weapons fire.

Also there are large amounts of spam heals from the TT's and reactor regen from JS's,my and the animation from that too. My guild attempted to do BBG yesterday and as soon as we were within range it completly locked my pc and others up. I had to hard boot my pc just to get out of game lol .