Win 7 crash after entering user/pass/accept

Hi all,

On my Win7 machine only (my vista machine is fine) I have a problem since last 2 patches (got them both at same time) . Been playing on the Win7 machine since this stress test started without this problem fyi.

When I enter my user name and password at the "megan" screen and then hit accept it crashes to desktop right away. Sometimes Net7 says TCP 3805 was reset but sometimes it doesn't. I can fix this by forcing a reset and taking new updates and can then log in ONCE ok but then if I either try to log in a second account or log out on a single and try to come back I get the same crash. Updating fixes it for one log in again. I can also do this and get 2 accounts running as I always have if I force an update each time.

So I sort of have a fix but its a pain updating everything each time. If nothing else the update is a work around as I have seen others say they also have this problem crashing on a win 7 machine.

Any ideas to fix this permanently?

Thanks and fly fast and crazY!

Have you tried the solutions outlined in the FAQ?
https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/

Thanks Cdel I should have looked there first - duh. Funny how when we have problems our brains sometimes take a vacation:) Compatibility mode was unchecked for some reason in case someone else has same problem and reads this.
Thanks again

[quote name='Pamster' timestamp='1299470909' post='35879']
Thanks Cdel I should have looked there first - duh. Funny how when we have problems our brains sometimes take a vacation:) Compatibility mode was unchecked for some reason in case someone else has same problem and reads this.
Thanks again
[/quote]
No worries. Most people miss that announcement. :) Glad it's working for you now. :)

Guest Deadpool
[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1299471055' post='35881']
No worries. Most people miss that announcement. :) Glad it's working for you now. ;)
[/quote]

Hello C Del,

my issues is that the same error pops up for me everytime i try to log in the 3805 thing. the only way i can sometimes log in is to reset updates everytime i open Net7 which also doesnt let me open second account now... so far ive been reseting my updates everyday to be able to play. any ideas as to why?

I use Windows7/64bit and also experience the problem since the last Net7 update. My other computer with Windows7/32bit has no issues. Both are Win7 Ultimate edition btw.

Tried all the possible fixes in Cdel's reply.
Resetting updates only works for 1 run. If I quit the client and start again, same issue. Client crashes after entering login credentials.
[s]Setting client.exe's compatibility to xp does not work, Net7 doesn't start up the client after that.[/s]
Reinstalled the entire game and Net7 but still, only one run is ok and after that it crashes.

Tips are welcome ;)

Edit: compatibility settings did work after all, did not notice that the client was hung when I first tried this.

Still remarkable tho that the 64bit needs the compatibility settings and the 32bit client has no issues lol. (no compatibility settings applied on my 32bit install) Edited by oobe