Storyline Chat

Would be exciting and fun to see a chat line dedicated to the STORYLINE ONLY.

Also wish the private tells could be separated from the overall chat lines because they get rolled up and missed. Maybe use the flashing message as is use in other parts of the game to indicate receipt of an unread message that would open a window showing ONLY private messages since log in.

Would be exciting and fun to see a chat line dedicated to the STORYLINE ONLY.

Also wish the private tells could be separated from the overall chat lines because they get rolled up and missed. Maybe use the flashing message as is use in other parts of the game to indicate receipt of an unread message that would open a window showing ONLY private messages since log in.

I would like to see something like this as well, but only if you all have time.

I'm not sure if we can add extra channels, besides maybe some hacked together private channel. I'll look into it. As for the private message window: I'm fairly certain it would be impossible or require a huge amount of time to figure out how to use the already existing client functions to make something like that happen. That may be something we have to save until more critical aspects of gameplay are restored.

Oy, I just looked through almost every config file in the client and it appears the chat channels are hard-coded into the client, meaning we have no ability to change them. We could probably try to hack something together but its not worth the effort at the current stage of development, sorry.