Corrupt File?

When i try to start the game using LaunchNet7 v1.9.9 i get the following error:

System.ArgumentException: The property 'ServerList' could not be created from it's default value. Error message: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).

error CS0009: Metadata file 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll' could not be opened -- 'File is corrupt'

Any suggestions on how i can repair this?

Thanks in advance for any help :lol:

Hmm. Try this:

Go to "%HOMERPATH%\Local\LaunchNet7". You should see a folder called "LaunchNet7.exe_Url_" with an unreadable hash after it. Open that folder. If there are more than one of said folder, delete them all and run LaunchNet7 once, which will create one of the folders again, and open that folder. Then download the attached zip archive and extract it into the folder, its contents should merge with the "1.9.9.10" folder already present and replace the "user.config" file inside.

This should remove the need for the application to generate the server list from default values, which appears to be the problem, and will hopefully allow you to play.

Someone else recently had this problem. Try the above solution and let me know what happens. It didn't work for them, but in theory it should resolve the issue. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the launcher first, which you can find here. Download it (LaunchNet7.exe) directly into "C:\Net7\bin" and replace the one that's already there.

1.9.9.10.zip

1.9.9.10.zip

Have tried deleting the LaunchNet7.exe_Url_ folder and have replaced the LaunchNet7.exe but am still getting the same error. I also deleted the entire NET7 folder and reinstalled and then tried to launch without patching as I have a server list before i update but i then get a proxy error which forces me to update which then reintroduces the original error.

I got around this by making a copy of the NET7 folder, then i updated the launcher which updates the proxy7.exe to the current version (1.98). I replaced the original proxy7.exe with the current and used the copy of NET7 folder to run the game.

I have another idea. Try deleting the file "LaunchNet7.exe.config" in C:\Net7\bin. Updating will undo this, but if it works it'll tell us more about the problem.