Power Down

Bovyne

So i used power down, low level 2nd rank i am a level 25 ol sentential and cl is about 7. I see mobs coming at me so PD and ... well nothing they continued to me and started shooting, I remove pd and try again, nothing they still shoot (this are cl 10-11 mobs). I try it 3 times before I decide I better move.

Now my point ,PD should have fooled these mobs, at no point did I fire at them, no reflecting damage shield up nothing.

PD seems to need a reworking , I realise that it perhaps should not be prefect certainly higher level mobs should see through the lower PD, but lower mobs should not.

If you PD before mob fires at you and out side your sig then it should I think work near 100%.

I can understand that you might say well once a mobs sensed you it would come, but i think for playing style it should work like feign death, the mobs assumes you died and wipes your agro (vanish perhaps should do that too) though not your tagging until normal release. And it should work more reliably, say 90% for mobs up to a level or below for that rank. Dropping of the higher the mob is over the rank you use.

Also on another point when i did successfully pd, the mob would come for me from 6+units away, which didn't agro me from that distance in the first place, something strange about its agro tagging hence the removable of agro mention about.

Just my thoughts.

As an update I was talking about this skill last night, most seem to think that this was not a great skill and on the point of useless, one person seem to think it worked great, and a [beta] guy said that he had tested it and seem to work as intended.

If, least at lower levels, it is working as intended, I am stopping my sentinel as one the attractions was the power down ability. Unless someone can confirm that it works much better at higher levels? From me just using it it appears to hardly ever work (talking not firing at the mob, no damage shield up, ol 30 cl 7-8 against cl 10-12 mobs) as an escape mechanism and as such is pointless , who would bother with something that only works rarely to actually do what its meant to do? ie fool the mob into believe you are incapacitated. Also maybe some better guide as to what level it would work on>?

Anyway for the moment I am going to retire my PS.

• 3 weeks later...