is off ?

I'm at work right now board too tears.

I don't know what percentage damage is associated with the level 8 beam

skill at this moment.

It almost seems like I got better damage with the Level 7 beam skill and

Level 7 Beams.

I remember that at one of the Stress test when I was a Beta the JD "Cloak"

and "Advanced Cloak" were switched.

And iirc there was an issue with the Psionic shield also in the same way.

I'm asking this because is I'm hunting Level 27-32 prey it takes a bit of time to

kill them even in Combat cloak Mode.

If someone could please check or confirm that would be great.

Phorlaug...

Just one thing to consider:

You can compare lvl7 and lvl8 beams only if you use a comparable setup.

Means same devices, and for beams, have they turbo, what reload have they, what buffs have they?

Normaly, the lvl8s should be in all means better, if you just look at the the DPS.

But, just an example:

4 L7 beams 6-8 sec reload --- 4 L8 beams 2-6 sec reload

Combat cloaked used.

That could mean with the L7s you are able to kill faster the same mobs as with the L8s

Now get in a turbo, then the L7s in all cases outdamage the L8s

Because you loose damage since you have to wait for combat cloak being ready even though one ore some of your beams are faster ready than combat cloak.

just an example for sure.

greets

Hexergirl

@Phorlaug

Also consider buff interplay between the gear sets. Any chance you could post your full equipment list (include non-weps too) between the two situations? There may be a bug, but without the full equipment list to compare buffs and other factors, it's hard to nail down if there's a problem or not.

@Phorlaug

Also consider buff interplay between the gear sets. Any chance you could post your full equipment list (include non-weps too) between the two situations? There may be a bug, but without the full equipment list to compare buffs and other factors, it's hard to nail down if there's a problem or not.

Good point.

The only thing I can't do is go backward to the L7 beam skill (150% beam damage)from L8 beam skill (175% beam damage) with out a call forward.

I will try to go through my screen shots to see what I had installed with the L7 beams skill. I don't want to make an assumption.

Currently installed:

Beams L8:

200% Pit

200% Soulfire curse

200% Purple Dragonfly

151% Stone cleaver

Devices:

200% L8 Chimaera's

100% L7 Martyr's Heart

200% L8 AWCS

100% Aegis otw

Shield:

100% L8 Dread mail (Now Defender Doumaru as of this reply)

Reactor:

200% Cygnus

Engine: (I switch between 2 L6)

200% Halley DDO 60 / 114% Prototype

Level 6 Critical Targeting.

For Weapons energy conservation I'll switch out the or any combination of:

Beams. Soulfire>Harvester of Souls

Devices. Taniwha's>Chimaera's

Depending on the situation..

Phorlaug..

I feel so exposed :lol: Some constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Edited by Phorlaug

Good point.

The only thing I can't do is go backward to the L7 beam skill (150% beam damage)from L8 beam skill (175% beam damage) with out a call forward.

I will try to go through my screen shots to see what I had installed with the L7 beams skill. I don't want to make an assumption.

Currently installed:

Beams L8:

200% Pit

200% Soulfire curse

200% Purple Dragonfly

151% Stone cleaver

I feel so exposed :lol: Some constructive criticism would be appreciated.

there is your problem....

Pit ---> 9sec reload

Soulfire ---> 2sec reload

Purple ----> 6sec reload

Stone ----> 2.5sec reload i think

combat cloak ---> 3sec until double damage

Stone = too fast for combat cloak even without turbo --- damage lost

Purple = too slow for combat cloak with turbo, or too fast if you count in two rounds(compared to the slowest one) --- damage lost

Soulfire = too fast for combat cloak even without turbo ---- damage lost

Pit = even with turbo a bit too slow for combat cloak timing --- in 2 times cloak 0.4 sec lost, but is ok yet.

Since using combat cloak and turbo would be the optimum for damage:

9 sec reload or 4.5 sec reload would be the best beam setup for 40% turbo.

greets

Hexergirl

there is your problem....

Pit ---> 9sec reload

Soulfire ---> 2sec reload

Purple ----> 6sec reload

Stone ----> 2.5sec reload i think

combat cloak ---> 3sec until double damage

Stone = too fast for combat cloak even without turbo --- damage lost

Purple = too slow for combat cloak with turbo, or too fast if you count in two rounds(compared to the slowest one) --- damage lost

Soulfire = too fast for combat cloak even without turbo ---- damage lost

Pit = even with turbo a bit too slow for combat cloak timing --- in 2 times cloak 0.4 sec lost, but is ok yet.

Since using combat cloak and turbo would be the optimum for damage:

9 sec reload or 4.5 sec reload would be the best beam setup for 40% turbo.

greets

Hexergirl

Please take cloak and combat cloak (5 second double damage) out of the equation and any tactic that someone else may use.

I am talking about steady fire rate between L7 and L8 beam weapon skill that would be easy to see a change for the worst, my tactics did not change between L7 and L8 beam skill with a Pocket JSeeker in the group and the JD as group leader.

I guess its not as easy as I think to check the Code to see if L7 Beam Skill is at 175% Damage and L8 Beam Skill is actually at 150% damage (flip flopped).

I need to back track and check my load out at L7 beam skill and quite possibly devices that have changed.. ie; Titans Heart, Grand Rada etc etc..

As Fuulish has pointed out there could of been an item or item build that may of worked better than my current load out. THAT I will admit could be one of the reasons.

Something I did or installed had a somewhat dramatic noticeable difference between the two build outs and skill Levels.

Phorlaug...

I guess its not as easy as I think to check the Code to see if L7 Beam Skill is at 175% Damage and L8 Beam Skill is actually at 150% damage (flip flopped).

I need to back track and check my load out at L7 beam skill and quite possibly devices that have changed.. ie; Titans Heart, Grand Rada etc etc..

As Fuulish has pointed out there could of been an item or item build that may of worked better than my current load out. THAT I will admit could be one of the reasons.

Something I did or installed had a somewhat dramatic noticeable difference between the two build outs and skill Levels.

Phorlaug...

Isn't this something that you could check out and report on with numbers you observe? If your char on the PTR server doesn't have all this equipment that could make it difficult, of course, but if that char is relatively current and does have all the equipment in question (and maybe somebody could fresh-copy it for you if it isn't) . . . ?

You can then change your loadouts and use the / cmds to alter your beam weps skill lvl.

Please take cloak and combat cloak (5 second double damage) out of the equation and any tactic that someone else may use.

I am talking about steady fire rate between L7 and L8 beam weapon skill that would be easy to see a change for the worst, my tactics did not change between L7 and L8 beam skill with a Pocket JSeeker in the group and the JD as group leader.

Phorlaug...

Ok, no tactic or cloak. Even if L8 and L7 'flip flopped' would L8s do more damage at a steady fire rate. :lol:

Take for example the Purple Dragon:

L7 291 damage at 200% + 175% base damage = 800.25 damage -- even if at L7 30% beam damage used would it be only = 1040 damage

L8 465 damage at 200% + 150% base damage = 1162.25 damage

So you would never do less damage, if you just fire without cloaking and waiting for the beams reload.

And really, i don't know a device that would cause a reduction of such a high amount of damage.

Edit: i had a look at the code and it's definitely correct, at L7 150% and at L8 175%

greets

Hexergirl

Edited by Hexergirl

Thanks for checking Hexergirl.

I do not have any screen shots, of the Loadouts I had, As we all know the screenies

tell the story. I'm not going to speculate what I had Installed or not.

Phorlaug...