EA.com is unavailable - Login Issue

I have read some of the other posts and used a couple suggestions and didnt work.

Nothing has changed on my end since yesterday. yesterday i was on and playing fine.

I do see people are on the server playing.

no matter which account i use upon login i get the EA.com is unavailable message.

Any Ideas?

I will restart the computer and try again and post back here if it fixed the issue or not.

if it does feel free to wipe this post or keep it for future ref.

Appears the caracter selection server is down at the moment. I was on and playing but when I went to switch toons I can't get back in after selecting the toon I wanted to play.

If there's 80-odd people online (like I saw), it doesn't sound like a bug in the updates/patches that ends up pointing to EA.com instead of Net-7.org (like the error message seems to imply)

EnBINV-300.png

If it was a error in one of the patches that directed the client back to ol' EA.com (or rather stopped REdirecting the client Net-7.org), then wouldn't EVERYONE have the glitch and NO ONE be able to get on? (and just checked again - 71 ppl)

This is fascinating and frustrating in equal measures - so much for a relaxing day off 'mining for fish' on an Explorer toon...

But yeah, STOLI - you're not alone

I am also having issue at login opening a secure SSL.

EA.Com is temporarily unavailable. This may be due to server maintenance or a problem with your ISP. Please check your ISP or try again later. (INV-300)

1. Check Cert.

a. Could not check

b. borted check, could not create SSL/TLS channel.

2. Install Cert.

a. Could not install cert

b. Hostname play.net-7.org Port 443 Could not retreive server certificate.

3. INV-300

a. Could not check SSL certificate status

b. Aborted could not create SSL/TLS secure channel

4. Advanced Settings

a. Found Server

b. Trying server

c. Could not send HTTP request

d. Last error 12157

e. Get ticket sync failed with IAUTHORIZE_BAD_CONNECTION

I am able to open secure channel on my machine, it seems the problems lies within NET 7. I hope the error logs will provide an easy enough fix to the solution.

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.9.9.10

Time: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:35:50 GMT

System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at LaunchNet7.CertificationUtility.IsSslCertificateValid(String hostName, Int32 port)

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoCheckCertificate()

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Time: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:36:37 GMT

System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

at LaunchNet7.CertificationUtility.IsSslCertificateValid(String hostName, Int32 port)

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Time: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:37:54 GMT

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Time: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:37:58 GMT

Message: Could not install certificate. HostName: "play.net-7.org", Port: 443

System.ApplicationException: Could not retrieve server certificate.

at LaunchNet7.CertificationUtility.InstallCertificate(String hostName, Int32 port)

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoInstallCertificate(String hostname, Int32 port)

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Time: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:42:26 GMT

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Time: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 15:02:59 GMT

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Time: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 15:03:59 GMT

Message: Could not install certificate. HostName: "play.net-7.org", Port: 443

System.ApplicationException: Could not retrieve server certificate.

at LaunchNet7.CertificationUtility.InstallCertificate(String hostName, Int32 port)

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoInstallCertificate(String hostname, Int32 port)

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Time: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 15:04:56 GMT

Yer right, Tengage - I just fired up N7launch and now it's saying only 67 online; looks like the char/sel/serv is down as you said - if one is already online that person is FINE, but GETTING online now requires going 'over a broken bridge'.

And then the 'EA.com is not responding' is just a leftover in the client from when the ChSelSrv was in ea.com, the software is correct in that it's trying to connect to N7's char srv.

Oh, well. Time for a little mah jong while I wait...

Seems there's a problem with the auth server. For folks having issues, trying checking the "Local Cert" checkbox on the launcher and see if that helps you.

THIS SHOULD BE A TEMPORARY MEASURE ONLY.

Once the issue is resolved the right way (probably thru a server restart), revert the change and launch Net7 the normal way.

• Upvote 1