Login issues

So i was playing fine, minding my own business flying around exploring when i hit a nav i was supposed to stop at and it kept on going for like 5 minutes till i ctrl+alt+deleted and exited program. Now when i load up it says the server is offline? There are other hosts i can select that say online but when i try to pick them and log in, it does not accept my username or password. Can anybody help clarify for me?

There are 3 servers in the dropdown:

1. The play server, the one most people are on, if you are in the game when the server crashes you will get a result like the one you experienced, stuck in warp, frozen in space (just be happy you weren't fighting a mob at the time, usually in these cases you come back to find yourself with no hull and an xp debt) or some other general error.

2. The PTR server, this is sort of a test server. However this server requires one of the staff to copy the account logins from the play server over. This hasn't been done in a while as there has been an issue with the PTR server, everyone who has a valid login, just logs in to see a bald starter TE with no name and doesn't save any information.

3. The Dev server, this one is specifically for the developers and unless you are one, your login will not work on this server.

Oh okay i see. So how often does this happen and how long does it normally go down for? Thank you for your time.

Its unpredictable unless you see it being shutdown. This is known as a stress test phase(#4), so it crashes now and then and you will never know when it happens. As far as downtime goes when it happens thats a little hit and miss too, sometimes it restarts shortly after it crashes but like lately it will be down for quite a while.