Mutliple exploration of universe?

Bovyne

Please bare in mind this is a suggestion, and might not even be possible.

SO I find exploration is great and fun, least the first time, second time - hmm ok, 3rd? nope boring now.

I wondered, in a game that multiple toons are par for the course whether anything could be put in so that exploration for toon 2, 3 + etc is not so harsh.

One way would be for 2nd+ toons to get all map that your first toon explored already there and exp for that (which i believe was about EL 25 max), not sure i would like that but its the simplest.

Another would be to someone have an account linked zone explored tag, if that is even possible which once you have explore a zone to 90% (or some such) next toon do not have to explore it to see navs.

How to deal with exploration exp though, I see a few ways. One you see the navs but they are different colour till explored. Or when you enter you get the explore exp for that zone up to the 90% (or whatever non hidden navs comes too, no hidden navs)

Now this would affect tours as a downside too.

edit.

Thought of another way, could do a quest for a "map" which would give you the exp and the zone explored for viewable navs, could include something only an alt would have or a item bought from various places (need one char to have explored most the map already) Could do one for each system. Might include, as-well as the item from various space station/planets, a fee that first chars could not afford, though with the items this might not need to be that high.

If too easy could need the items get the map, but to get the exp for that char do a delivery in the "mapped" system, which would add a time element to it.

SO for SOL system get quest from Jupiter station might need an item from stations in Jupiter,Saturn, Earth and Mercury for explored navs, then a delivery from Jupiter to Mercury (or furtherest point from) for the experience you would have gain from exploring that.

Edited by Bovyne

what I think would work here is once any toon has a nav point then they ALL show as question marks for ALL other toons on the same account (not ALT accounts) (so that tours dont HAVE to go away)....add in an automatically recieved token to "auto explore" everything, but make it usuable for something else (kinda like, take the time to explore and you get this nifty ness, or auto explore and dont get the nifty ness...I would say turning the token in for a REALLY good engine or set of engines...one/s that would make exploreing easier...say a huge boost to warp speed, massive reduction in time to get into warp, and a gargantuan reduction in the energy needed to warp/freewarp :rolleyes: )

The only thing that doesn't sound to me like an over-simplification of explore levels is what MJALowe said.. have discovered navs show as question marks for toons on THAT account. I'd even limit it further by saying that only happens if at least one character has that sector 100% discovered.