My Debut

Hello all,

Nice to finally be here. EB was my first MMO and holds a very strong attraction to me. Apparently i am unable to log in but heck I've waited along time for this. I can Wait longer. To the main topic, I like to introduce my self as a Terren Trader,.. long hauls and healings my game. I am looking forward to more interactions with everyone here and on-line. I will yet to disclose my Trader and etc names yet, for fear of loosing them. I thank you for this emu from the bottom of my heart and will undoubtedly support more soon.

Thanks,

Khanh

Edit - Just one question? Is my username and password to log in to the game the same as this forum? thanks

Edited by Khanh

Edit - Just one question? Is my username and password to log in to the game the same as this forum? thanks

You will need to create an account on the portal - http://www.net-7.org and will need your forum login details for validation :)

OMG "Gecco affordable system for all!!!" You cannot imagine the smile that phrase brought to me just a moment ago... I was Grinning like I was a Little KID all over!! talk about thanks guys.

Might as well jump on the band wagon and say Hi too. I'm new here too by way of Kotaku mentioning it.

But I was a beta tester for E&B and played it for a few months post launch. To date only 3 MMO's have held me for longer than 3 months, City of Heroes, Champions Online, and Earth and Beyond.

So I'm looking forward to playing again. But good god is this game ugly now. Anything I can do to update the graphics?

After horsing around for a little bit I'm again disappointed this game died. It would be amazing to see where it would be today... To things that were not meant to be. /cheers

Sadly, the graphics are what they were back in the day, and aside from jacking up the various polycount budgets in the otpions there's not much that can be done; personally, I thought the game was beautiful, and still do, but to each their own.

Still, the devs have done a lot - there are things now present and fully functioning in the emu that were either discarded or never fully implemented in live (though there are still a lot of inaccuracies and missing features that were in live too - this is still a pre-alpha work in progress). If you can bear with the dated graphics, then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality of this game.

Oh I can stand bad graphics. I go back and play PS1 games once a year or so. I'll admit the game has some good imagery but I was hoping some enterprising artist had taken up the challenge of remodeling or retexturing the game. I guess I'm just spoiled by Fallout/Oblivion mods (among other games). Even a game with horrible graphics can still create stunning images.

Oh I can stand bad graphics. I go back and play PS1 games once a year or so. I'll admit the game has some good imagery but I was hoping some enterprising artist had taken up the challenge of remodeling or retexturing the game. I guess I'm just spoiled by Fallout/Oblivion mods (among other games). Even a game with horrible graphics can still create stunning images.

Welcome back Rexidus :lol:

Sadly, extensively modifying the client, is pretty much off-limits. The devs want to do as little to the client as possible to avoid potential legal/software ramifications, from what I've heard. Until that sort of restriction is lifted, there's no way it can be done. Although, I'd imagine once that restriction is off, and tools are made available, there'd be plenty chomping at the bit to do so.