I want to run EnB with the Steam Overlay...

Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried adding the launcher to Steam, but as I expected, it doesn't work. Adding the client won't work, since I need to run the launcher first. Is there any way to force the overlay to work in the game?

Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried adding the launcher to Steam, but as I expected, it doesn't work. Adding the client won't work, since I need to run the launcher first. Is there any way to force the overlay to work in the game?

Have you tried just adding teh game client? I can't say that it's ever occurred to us or been asked of us since I've been involved. I also have steam though so perhaps when some other things are solved we can look into that.

Have you tried just adding teh game client? I can't say that it's ever occurred to us or been asked of us since I've been involved. I also have steam though so perhaps when some other things are solved we can look into that.

I didn't actually expect it to even launch, but I tried it and it did launch and let me log in. I did run into an issue where when I tried entering the game with my character, it stopped responding; however, I determined that the reason this happened was because Net7Proxy was not running in the background. I ended up running the launcher so it started Net7Proxy, waited for the Accept/Decline dialog to pop up, closed it and then opened the one I added to Steam and it seems to be working just fine now.

EDIT: I ran into an issue, which is probably out of your hands, where I couldn't actually dock with a station or use a gate (actually an accelerator from Swooping Eagle planet). The button to gate didn't light up to click and even though I was at 0.00k, it said I was too far. Tried restarting the whole game including Steam and had the same problem, and then I restarted it without Steam and it worked fine.

Edited by Cheeseboat

Yes, one and the same. And what you all do with your game client is up to you. :)

Don't worry before the project will be doing anything like that I'd be doing some hard research on the subject to ensure we didn't cross any lines.