Damaged Hull video lag

When Hull is Damaged i get video lag and frame rate drop. I guess because of "hull damaged animation". Is there way to disable this animation or fix it somehow, maybe editing some config file?

My comp is Pentium 4 - 3.04 Ghz/ 2GB RAM /GeForce 7800GS 256MB/ WindowsXP Pro SP3

That's very strange. Try turning down some of your graphics setting in the in-game Options > Graphics menu.

Yes it strange. I found which option affect on it. It is "Space Poly Budget". Lag disappears only if i set this option to lowest but then i have empty universe and invisible ship. It is not good to play game this way. I guess,this lag is caused by smoke that comes from damaged hull. Is there any way to edit some config file and disable "smoke"?

Any idea?

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Edited by Proxima

I'm rather confused by this. Even the most basic of today's onboard video chipsets should be able to handle Earth & Beyond without too much trouble. What operating system are you two using? Also, have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

I'm rather confused by this. Even the most basic of today's onboard video chipsets should be able to handle Earth & Beyond without too much trouble. What operating system are you two using? Also, have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

Windows XP Pro SP3 / video drivers are newest.

And i remember i got same problem with my old PC (pentium 3 and geforce 2) when i played E&B before EA shut down servers.

what screen resolution are you running enb at? log into game and set the video settings back to auto and logout and run enb config at just for argument sake 1024x768 and when its done hit ok... I think that the config tool is supposed to set the game to settings that your computer can handle, as it measures your poly budget...

if that makes the problem go away, then you can increase res and settings from there... oh also try using windowed mode rather than full screen...

/edit

in rereading the original post... sumtin just came to me... I had that video card... its the one that takes 2 power connectors and uses up 2 slots... get a new vid card... I mean you can try what I said above and get more life... but what you are describing is the slow death that my card had...

Edited by Avani

what screen resolution are you running enb at? log into game and set the video settings back to auto and logout and run enb config at just for argument sake 1024x768 and when its done hit ok... I think that the config tool is supposed to set the game to settings that your computer can handle, as it measures your poly budget...

if that makes the problem go away, then you can increase res and settings from there... oh also try using windowed mode rather than full screen...

/edit

in rereading the original post... sumtin just came to me... I had that video card... its the one that takes 2 power connectors and uses up 2 slots... get a new vid card... I mean you can try what I said above and get more life... but what you are describing is the slow death that my card had...

My computer is not gaming uber machine but i can play many of newest games( for example Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 and others) without any lag with resolution 1280x1024. So do you think it is normal to have video lag playing such old game like E&B? It is just connot be true. And as i said the lag starts only with hull damaged animation.

BTW it is not 2 slots video card. 1 slot and 1 power connector. And video card passes tests so it is not dying yet.

P.S Anyway thanks for advise i tried to do what you recomended and it didn't help.