Old player new interest..

Hi :P used to play Earth & Beyond right up till they pulled the plug & then spent some years on eve online till the wife pulled the plug lol. Was just googling about & found this site & thought id sign up & see what it was all about.

Loved playing E&B & from what i read you guys have your own server to play the game still correct? Is this cheat free & good old fun like it used to be or is this like what private wow servers are like, full cheating to your hearts content?

Let me know what you guys are doing & what its all about because im kinda interested if this is all working how it used to be ;)

Dont know what class,server or race i used to be but i know i lost some good friends when it shut down as everyone drifted off from the offline state.

Anyways ttyl :P

We have three servers:

The Play Server: this is the server that we play on. It is cheat free except for the occasional exploits that pop up that we do our best to fix. At the time of posting it has 217 players on. During the weekdays it usually bottoms out at about 75 people at late night and peaks at around 220-250.

The Public Test Realm Server: this is the server where players can help developers by testing things they have been told to test. How it works is the devs will upload code or content to the PTR server and the players can help test it. It was specifically designed to help us test raids, which we haven't quite gotten to yet.

The Developer Server: this is the server where developers test things on their own. Players are not able to access it.

Both the PTR Server and the DEV server are run on the same machine.

The emulation progress is not complete yet, but we have most things working.

most skills, mining, refining, jobs, manufacturing, mob combat, missions, docking, the three unreleased classes, several new sectors mostly for the unreleased classes (though any class can go there), faction, looting, I'm sure there's some other stuff I'm forgetting

Anyway, the game is not yet perfect, but we're doing what we can to make it like it was so any feedback is much appreciated.

You can register to play at net-7.org. It's free, though donations are accepted. We use the donations to pay for our two servers.

If you have any more questions let us know and we'd be glad to answer them for you. See you in game :P

Nice! :) think i will do just that when i get back from my 2 week business trip from Saturday & see how its going. Anyone tried to contact EA regarding the source to there software as its of no use to them & could factor in some direct ads to them thats part of the deal. You just never know if you ask since it's been a long time since the last known attempt to obtain the information from them.

actually leads to an interesting question! (well I think its interesting anyway)

I guess you're never going to advertise the site and try and attract more gamers, and leave it to word of mouth and dumb luck to finding the site?

Do you think you'd be in danger if quite a few more people started playing (lets pick a number out of the air and say 1000 regular players... assuming the servers could handle that)? And would you ever try and limit the numbers signing up and playing?

Mike