UGH!!!!

OK I guess I'll join the HELP I'M SO CONFUSED, area here. Okay I downloaded the client updated to Version 1.8.9 which seem to take forever but I did it. When I double click on the LaunchNet7 short cut it takes me to a screen with proxy with two different(I have the Custom selected) servers to choose from, states its online,and the port information. I select play from there. It takes me to a splash intro screen and watch the intro into the game with space ships flying around blhaa blhaa blhaa.

I also notice it seems to run a DOS screen in the background and if you accidentally hit any key it will kick you out of the into movie and back to desktop.Even if I do not touch anything and watch the complete intro, it finishes goes back to desk top then after a few moments the DOS screen disappears as well. I have no ideal of what I am doing wrong. I get no errors and it looks like its launching like any other game when you start it but then that's it. It just disappears and goes away?????

OK I guess I'll join the HELP I'M SO CONFUSED, area here. Okay I downloaded the client updated to Version 1.8.9 which seem to take forever but I did it. When I double click on the LaunchNet7 short cut it takes me to a screen with proxy with two different(I have the Custom selected) servers to choose from, states its online,and the port information. I select play from there. It takes me to a splash intro screen and watch the intro into the game with space ships flying around blhaa blhaa blhaa.

I also notice it seems to run a DOS screen in the background and if you accidentally hit any key it will kick you out of the into movie and back to desktop.Even if I do not touch anything and watch the complete intro, it finishes goes back to desk top then after a few moments the DOS screen disappears as well. I have no ideal of what I am doing wrong. I get no errors and it looks like its launching like any other game when you start it but then that's it. It just disappears and goes away?????

The normal login procedure is open Net7Launcher -> it patches your install if needed -> you hit the play button -> the Net7proxy, what you called the DOS window, launches the EnB client -> you click I aggree on the EULA screen -> after escaping or watching the video, you see the EnB login screen. It appears your EnB client is crashing before you see the EnB log-in screen. From your comments I assume this is your first time trying to run the game, correct me if I'm wrong.

Given that:

-If your running Windows 7 or Vista make sure the \Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe is set to run in Windows XP compatibility mode and you are logged in under an admin account

-Please run \Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG\net7config.exe (note in vista / win7 you will also need to run this an an admin) . In that application click on the "Test Performance" button. Then select appropriate graphic setting for your system.

-If neither of those fix your issue then try resetting update. To do so click open the Net7 Launcher -> Click on the "launcher" menu -> click on the "Reset updates" menu option

I hope that works for you, if not please reply and we will see about some further troubleshooting.

Yes This is the first time running or playing this game, I do see the UCLA agreement, but do not see a log in screen as you guessed. I am running Win XP and will try to reset the updates as you stated now , thank you for replying.