Is the server down?

Hello. A couple months ago I was able to connect to the server via the Net7 program. After being away for a couple months, net7 now tells me its unable to connect. Is the server down or is something else going wrong on my end?

net7 gives me an error saying "Error while checking updates Net7, unable to connect to the remote server" and then it also says the same thing but for checking updates for client.

Edited by Makar40

the launcher app and net7proxy have both updated in the last two months.

Make sure you have allowed internet access to both launcher and net7proxy in your firewall. Make sure you run the launcher in 'Admin' mode if you use Vista or windows 7. If the launcher is saying 'OFFLINE' it's most likely a firewall issue. If you're confident it isn't (and don't switch off your firewall to play!!) some people have had occasional problems with their ISP routers going down. If you suspect that as a problem, try

ping net-7.org

in a command prompt.

you should get something like:

Pinging net-7.org [87.106.15.95] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 87.106.15.95: bytes=32 time=365ms TTL=100

Reply from 87.106.15.95: bytes=32 time=364ms TTL=100

or better if you're not living on the opposite side of the planet to the server like me.

If you get no return, it could be an ISP issue, if you see something like I posted, it's probably a firewall issue.

hope this helps...

it's very unlikely this is the culprit but check Internet Explorer, under 'tools, internet options, connections, LAN settings' check that none of the check boxes are ticked.

Otherwise as a last resort ...

try opening a command prompt and type:

cd c:\net7\bin

net7proxy /POPT /ADDRESS:87.106.15.95

you can find out if net7proxy can see the server. However unless the launcher patched when it started you've probably got an old Net7Proxy and won't be able to play. Give it a try though, the launcher may have patched.

Oh, and if you're not using a firewall, that could be your problem right off. If there's no protection on your PC it'll be full of viruses and worms by now, if you've got a hardware firewall or some sort of router firewall, you need to configure that to play.