Game Semi-Freezing

I have an usual problem, I'll try to explain it the best I can so here goes:

I've been running a VM Ware set-up all through ST4 without a problem. After this past weekend I noticed my client would hang, it just becomes totally un-responsive. The VM system itself remains fine, I can use any other program, can go to any website but E&B just dies. This happens after being online for about 5 minutes, its not cause by gating or docking.

When I first noticed it I figured I had a bad file somewhere on that install, and completely re-installed both NET7 and E&B (did this twice actually, E&B from the original disks once, and from a E&B Demo download). I've force updated NET7 three times now so I doubt the problem is there. the game runs perfect up until this point too.

I don't believe the VM system itself is at fault cause as I said I can do anything I want with it after the game freezes.

I did some more testing on it tonight and noticed this also: The client becomes unresponsive but is continued to be recognized by the server. After the freeze I was able to powerlevel my alt in combat 5 levels, even though the levels did not show up until I restarted the game (via Task Manager shutdowns). I get no error messages, nothing out of the normal appears in the proxy either (which makes sense when the server continues to award XP during the freeze).

Probably not a high-priority fix since it only affects my VM-Ware set-up (my physical computer has no issues at all). But thought I'd post it anyways. Below is my basic information in case that helps

Physical Comp:

Core2Duo 2.66

6gig DDR2 RAM

Nvidia GTS250 (x2 in SLi) 1024mb each

233GB HD

Windows 7 64-bit fully updated

For my VM settings I have:

Network Adapter set to NAT (if I set it to BRIDGED I do not have Internet Access on VMWare)***

^^^This is the only thing that stands out to me as a possible cause

Ok, I doubt it'll help but it's certainly wroth trying. What's the CPU usage like when this happens?

According to Logitech performance monitor CPU usage is at 90%+. Which seems odd to me, I would have though it would be lower than that...

EDIT:

Going to try a fresh install of VM-Ware. Its worth trying I guess.

Yeah, the game is definitely getting itself locked up. Who knows how. Reinstalling VMWare isn't a bad idea, but you might just want to try it on a fresh VM first.