Net7 Not Updating

I downloaded the game file an Net7 and I got to run next 7 and the Update box comes up and I push Update and I get Error "Cannont Write Target Directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES \ Earth and Beyond". Please start this application with admiistrative Rights or give wright premissions for the target directory before starting the update process."

I am admin on my comp and there is only one account on it and its mine. I dont understand why its not updating.

What OS are you using? You have to run certain programs with Admin privileges if you are using Vista/7. IIRC the programs are, c:\Net7\Net7Proxy.exe, "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES \ Earth and Beyond\release\client.exe" and c:\Net7\Net7Launcher.exe. If I missed something, let me know.

I had the same problem when I started. I am an admin on my Vista computer but it still wouldn't update. You still have to tell the computer to run as an administrator. You have two options to do this.

One: Right click on the icon/shortcut and click 'Run as Administrator'. You might have to do this every time you play just in case there is another update.

Two: Right click on the icon/shortcut and click on Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and select the box 'Run this program as an administrator'. Click OK. Then all you have to do run Net-7 as normal and it should run as an administrator. Then it should be able to update.

P.S. These are Vista instructions. Win 7 should be the same.