Won't let me Donate

Hi,

I just returned to the game today and wanted to donate, but both Paypal and credit card page won't let me, says that Taiwan is not supported for donating to Net-7. I have donated in the past and it was ok but something changed in the past few years. Can someone please look into why people who reside in Taiwan cannot donate. Thanks.

My guess is this ties back to sanctions being stiffened on China for payments and businesses and countries in the area are just caught in the crossfire. We did not change anything.

Not sure if what I'm finding is 100% accurate but there's something I found on reddit about Taiwan only allowing international payments/transfers from "E. SUN" bank accounts, although being in the US I don't know what that is offhand.

I don't think this has anything to do with China as there are no current sanctions on Taiwan or China and even though there is a one China policy from the US, Taiwan is currently separate from the mainland. Taiwan does not have any restrictions on international payments. I have been paying for stuff online like Amazon with my credit cards and they are all fine. This is very strange.

PM me your source donation information and I will look at logging (or whatever equivalent Paypal gives me) to see if I can see what's really happening.

And yeah I know they're separate, but it's all about what governments 'recognize' when sanctions are involved.