First Sergeant will not talk about missile skill

The first sergeant at nav luna hub will not talk to you about missile building mission even though you have bought scanned and built the launcher and have it in your hold. I have seen this complaint every day on the new player chat. Here is the fix for some reason she will not see the missile launcher if it is put in your hold by the build terminal all you have to do once you have the ml is move it to your vault then back to hold and she will see it and complete your mission. P.S. Lt Raine gives first TE promotion at Luna station.

scanning the ML is to learn the skill called "build weapons" then you return to the first sergeant to get the quest for the skill "Missle Launchers" this allowing you to use MLs. Yes you may have to move the ML you just built to your vault, retuning to the first sergeant with no MLs in your inventory. Talk to her again, then pull the ML's from your vault, then return with the ML's to show the first sergeant. If i recall, she will ask you to kill some mobs with the new ML.

I think there is a CL/OL factor in the case as well. Dont expect to be OL1 and trying to get ML's fast.... I dont remember but I think you have to be CL5, or OL8 to learn.

CL=combat level

OL=overall level

Hope this helps with anyone having the issue getting MLs from first sergeant.

PS. yes you must learn build weapons first, before first sergeant will give you your ML skill.

Same for rally, must learn Critical Targeting before learning Rally. :)

OK that may have worked for you but it didn't work for me. It seemed I was force to build 1 launcher for the 1st quest building weapons, then a 2nd launcher built for the ML quest because she wouldn't register wither I had 2 launchers previously made or not and I got the ML skill at CL 3 or 4. So building a second launcher during that ML skill quest did the trick. all and all you wind up with 2 mls and 2 completed quests without buying an extra. lol

One of the best ways to avoid bugs is to not talk to the NPC until you have CL 3.

If you go before you have CL3 she will start of the chain, have you buy , build etc.. but eventually she will stop talking to you before giving you the skill.

When you hit CL3 and go back she will restart the build mission quest.

Save yourself a headache wait till you hit CL3 then go talk to her.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in live didn't we get the missile launcher use skill just prior to the build skill?

The way it is laid out now seems wacky, "Hey look I can make launchers, sure wish I could use them" B)

I just don't remember all the trouble in live with the skill tree, seemed to 'flow' better. And I sure don't remember new player chat lit up with "Why won't kagiso talk to me" back then either.