Newbie Stuck at Loading Screen

Hi all!

First, I know this is a common problem, because I have found numerous topics addressing this issue, but I can't seem to make any of the suggested solutions work.  So I thought I might try my luck with a new topic... *dodges the ensuing flames*

I'm trying to get the emulator working on my old Windows XP laptop.  I played the game casually back in 2003 or so, and while I didn't stay around long, I loved it and am happy to see a community has it up and running again.  However, now that I followed all the instructions, got the launcher and game working, made my first character, and have successfully logged in to the station, when I try to undock and head out to space, I (shock) get hung on the loading screen.

I'm running XP with SP3.  Firewall has allowed E&B through, and I know I'm connected because I can get into the station and I see people logging on/off, even seen one or two avatars run by me.  Screenshot of my launcher is attached.

Help? :(