How to DPS and combat related topics

I had someone ask me how dps works in the game.

Being the inquisitive and nosy person I am, I got the idea that the dps listed in net-7 might be wrong.

So I wrote these xlsx files a couple years ago and tested all the available weapons to me I fired every single one of them at one point or another.

So some of the weapons might not be in the game now that we went live but the basics still apply.

I'll let you decide how to answer that question after you dl the lists then compare them to net-7.

Basic Methodology.

1.  This games Damage Per Second aka and known as dps from here on in is based in math.

The math is simple.. ammo damage (rounds fired for multi round weapons) x times fired per minute divided by 60. This is the basic formula for figuring dps in any game

Example 100 ammo damage fired 10 times in a minute = 1000 damage divide that by 60 and you get 16.666667* dps

2. This game also uses a second scale to add damage to ammo, it adds to the base damage of the ammo.

If you hover your mouse over your dots on your weapon skill bars each one lists a percentage of damage the skill level adds.

I'll use lvl 9 weapons as the example since all the dps lists are for lvl 9 weapons.

Level 9 weapon skill adds 200% added damage to the base of the ammo so with that said lets use the above example of 100 damage fired 10 times divided by 60.

100 x 3 x 10 / 60 = 50.0001 dps

Adjust the damage added % to suit your weapon level it's nice that max weapons the number is 3.. 100% damage is 2 and so on.

Beams are calculated the same way.

In beams case since the jenquai get combat cloak so double the final number, the problem is using cc how many times did you fire your beams in 1 minute..

The math and numbers for jd's gets a little fuzzy..

3. Damage Adders: Turbo and devices and skills.

Westwood live was nice enough to add damage adding devices and weapons and skills for people to use.

Intolerance, rally( for beam and pl users anyways) ssr7-9 reactors, sting-laser scopes etc all fall into this catergory.

One thing testing did was bear out a few truths.

fang/rage/ed etc added damage does work but...

The way the game was built when I wrote these lists the intolerance 39.9 buff over rode all the other installed damage adders aka pl force and stuff like this.

Activated damage adders aka the sting and laser scope and the aa devices did stack with an intolerance.

I do not know what has been fixed since I wrote these lists so get out there and play around with them.

4. Debuffers.

This catergory might be the most misunderstood part of this after turbo.

Just a brief explanation is really needed debuffers do not stack. ( except.. impact but we'll need a cdev to explain to you about that)

When you look at the numbers on a debuffer think % when you have say a lvl 8 debuffer at 200% it states 55.6 okay look at the ammo again.

The easiest way to explain this is your ammo does 100 damage and you trigger a 55% debuffer so your numbers go from 100 in the numbers that pop up to 155(-55).

The number in the parentheses only you can see.

The numbers mean the ammo had 55 damage added to the ammo base.

If you are seeing 45(+55) you are adding health to a mob by that amount.

If you see 0 as your ammo damage number you are not doing a damned thing..Best to save your ammo from that gun.

Okay this is my understanding about gravity link lvl 5-7 gravity link is supposed to debuff impact/explosive/possibly emp by +30.

I was a ps live and had lvl 5 gravity link and I used it a lot..but for the life of me i cannot remember if it added damage or not.

I remember using a lot of impact ammo live.. So maybe someone else has a screen shot or not I dunno.

It's not listed in the skill description but it was there I know it was just not for lvl 5.

It would stack with a taniwha and a gorgon for impact and it should stack with a salamander.

5 Turbo...

Let me start by saying turbo increases your weapons speed.. BUT it isn't changing it by 100%.. Remember your skill level affects damage also..

I like to think of turbo as adding damage by % to the ammo base damage aka it speeds the gun up by enough to make another 40% damage to the base which isn't 40% faster firing.

The graphics in the game can't trigger more then once a second or so.

When you have a fast firing pl that is sub 1 second reloads the graphics show 1 second firing but the gun is firing faster then that..

So don't go off half cocked if you do not think your gun is firing fast enough.. It is on the server side.

My understanding is the server is set for a maximum of 109% turbo ( same as it was live).

You can attain 100% currently in the game the way it's being run now.

The key is the buff listed on the device/weapon if it'll stack or not.

The combo to 100% turbo nirvana is petty straight forward.

Black weapons ( aka gobb weapon drops from paramis) 40% turbo non weapon specific(comes in handy on a pw with a 40% aa and a spitter and whinging missiles at things)

Installed weapon specific turbo ( aka sting bolas fotm/wrath/god etc)

Two weapons with 40% turbo pl listed do not stack.. it's 40% has to say Turbo Weapons to stack with a turbo pl.

Activated PB CVE aegis etc.

So lets assume you are fairly competent and a raider and you win the roll for something nice like say a spitter and a fotm on your progens .

First thing is the spitter 40% installed turbo (non weapon specific) will stack with pretty much any other installed turbo specific buff

Spitter 40% + FOTM 40% = installed 80% turbo

Plagues bite is 20% activated so with the spitter/fotm/pb you will have 100% turbo.

The games not setup as of this writing for multiple activated turbo yet.. Soon[TM]....

6 Skills.

This is kind of a misc list of skills and effects.

Rally states adds pl and beam precision ( aka more critical hits and in the case of non critical targeting players it lets you hit higher level mobs with more ammo vrs missing more.

Rally good..

Critical Targeting.

Critical targeting mean you hit more often critically

ps/pp/te/jd all have lvl 5 critical targeting pw's get level 7.

Critical hits in this game means you do double the ammo/beams damage when you hit critically aka the red numbers.

Take our example from earlier you are using 100 damage ammo fied 10 times a minute and it does 50 damage for lvl 9 weapon skill.

Critical simply means the 100 damage is now 200 then adding skills and buffs it goes up.

Combat Cloak.

Jenquai classes get a skill called combat cloak.

Very important skill You cloak fire your beam from cloak you get double the normal damage from beams.

Critical hits means twice that much.

Yes a jd criting does 4 times there normal damage criting from cc

CC has some limitations based on time. I'll continue this in a bit so don't go off mad yet.. I'll be back