Help =(

Rylak

Ok, so I launch LaunchNet7, hit play a DOS box pops up with sending login, login ok, then the Earth & Beyond client launches and Says Finding File. About 15-20 seconds later an Error pops up; Error: 4 Couldn't find the patch. Try again later. What the heck am I missing here.

-Rylak

Ok, so I launch LaunchNet7, hit play a DOS box pops up with sending login, login ok, then the Earth & Beyond client launches and Says Finding File. About 15-20 seconds later an Error pops up; Error: 4 Couldn't find the patch. Try again later. What the heck am I missing here.

-Rylak

Your launcher is pointing to the wrong path. Open up LaunchNet7 and click the "Browse" button in the upper right-hand corner. Look for and open the file "client.exe", which is in the "Earth & Beyond\release" folder. When the Open File dialog first comes up, it should be in the "Earth & Beyond" folder, so the file shouldn't be too hard to find.

Your launcher is pointing to the wrong path. Open up LaunchNet7 and click the "Browse" button in the upper right-hand corner. Look for and open the file "client.exe", which is in the "Earth & Beyond\release" folder. When the Open File dialog first comes up, it should be in the "Earth & Beyond" folder, so the file shouldn't be too hard to find.

Thanks, although I'm currently as we speak running a fresh install on an XP partition, I've done as instructed and the launcher is currently updating a slew of stuff. I pointed the launcher to the correct path, eg: d:\games\Earth & Beyond. However as I write this, I am seeing files being downloaded to D:\Games\Data etc. This does not seem correct to me, and was curious why it's not going in the EnB directory? The Launcher shows the correct path above, yet all these files are going elsewhere making a mess.

Oh and yes, I sincerely appreciate your support.

-Rylak

Thanks, although I'm currently as we speak running a fresh install on an XP partition, I've done as instructed and the launcher is currently updating a slew of stuff. I pointed the launcher to the correct path, eg: d:\games\Earth & Beyond. However as I write this, I am seeing files being downloaded to D:\Games\Data etc. This does not seem correct to me, and was curious why it's not going in the EnB directory? The Launcher shows the correct path above, yet all these files are going elsewhere making a mess.

Oh and yes, I sincerely appreciate your support.

-Rylak

Alright, I just wish the installation instructions we're more clear. Someone please confirm a couple steps here. After installing the client, do we A) Patch the e&b.exe found in the root as in my case D:\Games\Earth & Beyond\e&b.exe, or B) Patch the d:\Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe?

Either way the launcher is being stubborn and despite the fact that the launcher shows D:\Games\Earth & Beyond\e&b.exe. It wants to d/l all these files and folders to D:\Games\data etc and not D:\Games\Earth & Beyond\corresponding sub folders etc.

Something seems amiss here, thank you in advance.

**UPDATE**

Ok the first time the launcher runs there is a skip button enabled which would allow me to change paths, I had to dig and now see what path the launcher wants.

Now, after I patch the launcher, the launcher restarts, and immediately wants to download client patches. However I now CANNOT change paths and the launcher always reverts to the e&b.exe and not the \release\client.exe. I'm going bonkers, re-installing everything over and over, rebooting, etc and cannot get the darn thing to patch to the correct directories.

-Rylak

Edited by Commander Rylak

Alright, I just wish the installation instructions we're more clear. Someone please confirm a couple steps here. After installing the client, do we A) Patch the e&b.exe found in the root as in my case D:\Games\Earth & Beyond\e&b.exe, or ;) Patch the d:\Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe?

Yeah, Sorry. We'll be replacing them soon. We lost a bunch of data a while back when our web server crashed and that's one of the things that has yet to be re-done.

After installing the game, you patch "e&b.exe", but the launcher needs to point to "release\client.exe". This is the source of your problems. The launcher patches to the directory above the path you choose, which is "Earth & Beyond" if the launcher is pointing to the right file, but is one higher in your case, being your general Games folder.

Go to "%APPDATA%" and look for, and delete, a folder called "LaunchNet7". If it's not there, try looking in "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data". This will clear the launcher settings and should allow you to point the launcher to the correct file the next time you run it. Note that LaunchNet7 should not be running while you do this. When you run LaunchNet7 for the first time after doing this, it should ask you for the location of "client.exe", go to "D:\Games\Earth & Beyond\release\" and open "client.exe". The launcher should then patch your game client and you should be good to go.