Error 4: Couldn't find the patch. Try again later.

Hello. Im having trouble starting the game. Here is what is happening.

1. Double click "LaunchNet"

2. Click "play"

3. Window Comes up with this in it.

Net7Proxy version 1.70

31/12/09 15:44:42 Attempting to connect to IP address: 217.160.5.19

31/12/09 15:44:42 Sending login.

31/12/09 15:44:43 login OK

31/12/09 15:44:43 Starting E&B...

31/12/09 15:44:44 Launch E&B successful

4. Earth and Beyond Window come up. on the bottom it say Finding File. The "play" button is greyed out.

5. Error window come up. Error: 4 Couldnt find the patch. Try again later.

6. Click "ok" window everything closes.

Has any one else encountered this? Any possible solutions? Thank :D

Hello. Im having trouble starting the game. Here is what is happening.

1. Double click "LaunchNet"

2. Click "play"

3. Window Comes up with this in it.

Net7Proxy version 1.70

31/12/09 15:44:42 Attempting to connect to IP address: 217.160.5.19

31/12/09 15:44:42 Sending login.

31/12/09 15:44:43 login OK

31/12/09 15:44:43 Starting E&B...

31/12/09 15:44:44 Launch E&B successful

4. Earth and Beyond Window come up. on the bottom it say Finding File. The "play" button is greyed out.

5. Error window come up. Error: 4 Couldnt find the patch. Try again later.

6. Click "ok" window everything closes.

Has any one else encountered this? Any possible solutions? Thank :)

I'm having the same issues.

I think the server or at least a part of it is down.

Let's just wait a few, and she should come up imho.

EDIT : I have her up and running again. Did you have any luck ?

I'm a new user to the emulator. I got finished patching last night and i get this error trying to play now. I also get a error with .net when i start net7 and i have .net 2+ installed. I'm running winxp 64bit so i can't install .net 1.1, as it wasn't made for xp 64. i just tried again and no .net error.

Edited by Krewltee

I didn't think of a screen shot. this is with the error.post-1079-12623808801307_thumb.jpg

It appears your Net7 launcher is pointing at "\Earth & Beyond\e&b.exe" instead of "\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe". To fix this double click on the short cut to the Net7 Launcher -> click on the browse -> navigate to "\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe". Note the \Earth & Beyond\ folder's location is wherever you told the enb client to install, by default that is the system folder "program files".

It appears your Net7 launcher is pointing at "\Earth & Beyond\e&b.exe" instead of "\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe". To fix this double click on the short cut to the Net7 Launcher -> click on the browse -> navigate to "\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe". Note the \Earth & Beyond\ folder's location is wherever you told the enb client to install, by default that is the system folder "program files".

This fixed it.

Bizarre. I installed the game from the demo, patched, and the did Net7. Net7 seemed to reinstall the entire game to my "Program File" directory which was weird. Now I have to figure out how to register an account...

This fixed it.

Bizarre. I installed the game from the demo, patched, and the did Net7. Net7 seemed to reinstall the entire game to my "Program File" directory which was weird. Now I have to figure out how to register an account...

In order for Net7 to patch the game client, it needs to look through every file in the earth and beyond client install. That is why it lists all those files when it updates. It only modifies a few of them, however. Moreover the reason we can't just have the Net7 launcher download everything is because it would make it far to easy for EA to shut the emulator down.

As far as registering an account, you can sign up here http://net-7.org/stresstest/signup.php.