Net7 fails to connect

Hi. I had older E&B and net7 installations on here already, but I removed them and started fresh with the instructions. However, when I launch net7, it can't connect to the update server to get updates, and it reads the play server as offline. I disabled my firewall and it still does this so I ruled that out. Any idea about what might be going wrong? Thanks.

I have been getting this recently as well. I will look into the problem to see if it is a server issue.

Thanks. Let me know if there's anything I can check on my end. I guess I'm not entirely sure whether uninstalling the old net7 removed all the config files and everything or not. At the moment I have to assume it did.

I've noticed running LaunchNet7, closing it, and then re-oping it until it gets the update info from the server seems to work; I suggest you try that. I'm still going to check into the root of this, though.

I've noticed running LaunchNet7, closing it, and then re-oping it until it gets the update info from the server seems to work; I suggest you try that. I'm still going to check into the root of this, though.

I've done that a few times already without success, though I'll try it a little more. I guess I should note that the webpage inside the net7 client doesn't connect either, it shows up as connection cannot be established right away.

Edit: I tried it a few more times and it did indeed update. It even showed the webpage this time. I'll still report that it does have a connection error on the bottom, but other than that things look normal.

Edit #2: So now after I hit play, whether it doesn't show it has a connection error on the bottom or not, the Net7Proxy will give me the "Server failed to respond to login attempt" error. I've tried using the same method as before but with no luck thus far.

Edited by revengeska

I've just pushed an update with a slight change to LaunchNet7's code that should make this work almost unfailingly now, although it may be a bit slow at first. If you don't get the 296 update, please download this file and replace LaunchNet7.exe with it in "C:\Net7\bin".

LaunchNet7.exe

About the net7proxy error: try changing the "Local IP" drop-down box to another value, if any are available.

LaunchNet7.exe

Would it be possible to have the Packet Optimization checked by default?

Too many times, I've clicked on PLAY only to look up and say &^%&*^% I forgot to reset it!!!!

I wasn't aware that it wasn't default. I'll change that if I need to push the launcher again, which I might later today or tomorrow.