Cannot create character

Hi,

I'm trying to create a TE character and I can't <_< It's really annoying because I have a TT and PS already, but the youngster of the house wants to play too :huh:

I get all the way through the character creation, enter a name and choose the server, and then after a long pause I get "Lost connection to global server". If I run a debug launch, this is the last message in the window:

31/07/10 12:51:44 Illegal opcode from Server to Global Account connection

I've set the emulation mode on "client.exe" to XP SP2, and ran the E&B Configuration tool to set the resolution... and still the same problem.

Running on Vista Ultimate SP2.

Hi,

I'm trying to create a TE character and I can't <_< It's really annoying because I have a TT and PS already, but the youngster of the house wants to play too :huh:

I get all the way through the character creation, enter a name and choose the server, and then after a long pause I get "Lost connection to global server". If I run a debug launch, this is the last message in the window:

31/07/10 12:51:44 Illegal opcode from Server to Global Account connection

I've set the emulation mode on "client.exe" to XP SP2, and ran the E&B Configuration tool to set the resolution... and still the same problem.

Running on Vista Ultimate SP2.

well first I would suggest a 2nd account if its for the youngin... this way you can both play at the same time... forget the emulation as XP SP2 as enb plays on all MS OS's up to Win7

However, you do need to make sure that on that same screen you select run as administrator

make sure the volume is on when you are creating the character, as if you are choosing a name that is taken it will tell you... oh and can you login to your other 2 toons?

Edited by Avani

Yeah, I can log in the other two toons... and I don't get a "name in use" message... just weird.

I'll probably create a second account for the youngins... didn't know the attitude towards multi accounts, but if it's not taboo then that's definitely the way to go. <_<

Edit: Created a second account for the youngun, and immediately tried to create a TE, and it failed. I also tried on my laptop and got the same thing. I had her create a JE and it succeeded... but she can't create any Terran toons...

Looks like creating Terrans is bugged for the time being. How do I raise a bug report? :huh:

Edited by Beauregard

strange... i just created a TE just to see if it was terrans in general and had no problem...

I am pretty sure just posting here will get you attention... but in the meantime what I did if it helps you to diagnose was just made a TE using all the default settings and just made and short name arrangements of letters that I felt would not be in use...

Yeah, I figured it out, she was trying to name the character "Sam" and it blew up every time. I had her name it "Samantha" and it worked. So, false alarm, but it would be nice to know what the issue was, just to satisfy my own curiosity... <_<