Proxy fix maybe?

Okay, so I reinstalled everything multiple times, but nothing seemed to work. Reset my router, cable modem, defrag, driver updates, reset updates, registry clean, etc. I thought that the bad opcode and proxy crashes might not be due to the server at all, but my computer! Support suggested that it is packet loss due to server error or connection, but another thing that causes data loss is corrupted areas on a hard drive! I ran checkdisk(my computer, rightclick: drive(usually C:), properties, , tools, error checking: check now, check both boxes, start, reboot. After the scan was finished, I have no more proxy crash, no bad opcode messages, and no CTD! Only issue now is the play server, but patience is a virtue and so is loyalty to our wonderful emulator team. I hope this helps someone.

Note: This worked on an XP machine. My Vista machine does not have this problem, but checkdisk might work for Vista or 7 as well. Doesn't hurt to run a checkdisk every now and then...I think.

Okay, so I reinstalled everything multiple times, but nothing seemed to work. Reset my router, cable modem, defrag, driver updates, reset updates, registry clean, etc. I thought that the bad opcode and proxy crashes might not be due to the server at all, but my computer! Support suggested that it is packet loss due to server error or connection, but another thing that causes data loss is corrupted areas on a hard drive! I ran checkdisk(my computer, rightclick: drive(usually C:), properties, , tools, error checking: check now, check both boxes, start, reboot. After the scan was finished, I have no more proxy crash, no bad opcode messages, and no CTD! Only issue now is the play server, but patience is a virtue and so is loyalty to our wonderful emulator team. I hope this helps someone.

Note: This worked on an XP machine. My Vista machine does not have this problem, but checkdisk might work for Vista or 7 as well. Doesn't hurt to run a checkdisk every now and then...I think.

THANKYOU!

this also resurrected my Vista laptop login, which is essential when I need to work on player visibility and movement.

I'll let you know if it continues to work, but I've logged in a few times and it's still working.

In this world of warnings about spyware, registry errors, and defrags, it is often forgotten that checkdisk is a regular maintenance that should be done quarterly regardless of whether or not we have any kind of obvious problems. I am glad that this worked for you.