CL 66 was never a mob's true level.

Hey all, Werewolf from Live, Willbonney now in game. Have something I'd really like to get off my chest about these big mobs.

Now, I'm a Terran Kiter (spelled Enforcer), however I personally don't mind this tether, nor do I mind that they get 2x range when they running back to their spot. However, one thing I do mind is that boss mobs still do damage as if they are 16cl's higher then me (Cl 50). This just does not work, nor did it work in live. The mob's level might have shown Cl 66, but that was just to show the difficulty of the mob. It's true cl was more around the lines of 55 maybe 60.

The reason for this, well, go out and fight something 16 Cl's lower then you, and see how often you crit. The same way with mobs 16 cl's higher then you, 90% of the hits will be crits. Now, I don't mind taking damage, or needing a group to kill something, but when The Master or Zethren-Ti is doing full shield and hull damage every time he hits me with +75 resists, well, that's just not manageable. And even when they don't crit, it's a 80k shot, every second.

Well, I know everything is a "work in progress" and I hope that someone reads this and remembers that this was how things were done in live. Even if it said it was 66, that was not it's true CL.

So, my idea is to put the mobs back for now, until which time they are fixed. Let them be doable as they were, and put this "fix" in when things are a bit more settled. Because as of right now, it's impossible with my girlfriend on her TT, and me on my TE, impossible for us playing, and grabbing 2 other TT's in game, and well, just plain impossible at the moment (at least for me, maybe I just suck.) And well, 3 shield fixers should be able to keep me alive with +75 resist and level 9 shields, always did in live.

Thanks for reading, and have fun out there all.

• Upvote 1

My understanding of Zethren'Ti and his cronies (the CL66 bosses) is that they are supposed to be raid level mobs, requiring at least two full groups of OL150 toons to take down.

The range on these guys is a bit outlandish, which as is currently would require a kiting group to have at least two if not three Traders spamming heals (the kite group is well with Zeth's or the Master's range) which effectively makes things rather difficult for pulling him away from any adds.

And even then... two shots from Zeth or Master knock down a well equipped 150+ PW to 14k hull.

On the other hand, having single players able to solo boss mobs like the Controller or boss fishies in FB seems like a bit of a stretch...

Nah, even in live, one group was all you "needed." The reason you had more, in the case of the FB, were some je's outside of group to js anyone who had been summoned by the boss into the big group. Was about the only time anyone died at all in FB, was when someone was summoned into a large group of 6-7. Now, 6-7 of those bastages should eat you alive. But agro on one, well, should be difficult, and was, but was always healable with two shield reppers.

Also, to add, this isn't live... We have usually around 200 people. Getting two to three full groups of a decent balance is rough with just 200 folks (most of those playing multiple characters).

Adjusting the mobs so that 4-6 people playing together can defeat 'em I believe should be a goal. Yes, we want people to play together, but we don't have the player population for these "raids" you are talking about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

well as i recall from FB the master could 1hit u a pw/te only survived if he was summoned back in time and the tt in his/hers group casted shield regen asap since it was plasma dmg...here the only point is when a boss hits u its instant dmg for instance plasma doing 90k in live it would be about the same but not instant it would go like 20k 20k 20k 20k 10k so a tt had alil more time to cast shield regen on u.And yes at the later phase in live when alot of ppl had thier ubers Tadao Gate raid was doable with 1 full party but FB took in live on avg 30 good equipped players and none of them were allowed to use their FB weapons coz of the energy feedback skill on it which made ppl lag back then...now that would be different coz we all have alot better hardware then we used to have at that time.Then u had Rdbase also something which would 1hit u(the Hellbore),u also had the weaker in atk cl66s like scooter he was weaker in terms of dmg but also pretty hard to do since he was shooting a mixture of emp and explosive once a pw was on his hull it would take about 2-3 shots to get killed by it then another thing in live ur resistance never could go above 50...it might have showed higher but the max on deflects was 50%.

Yeah, I remember that you had to be shield recharged one time to "survive" the master's large plasma hit, which was the reason you usually had a JD and a TT next to each other in the group, to summon then heal. The other four of the party was one other TT, 2 PW's (in case one died), and a TE for rally buff. There was usually one or two JE's outside the group as well for JS's as needed as well. This is all I remember being "required" to successfully do the FB, sure, you had to be a good group that worked well together, but usually you were.

However, I am glad to hear that a full group with the ST is doing just fine. However, still seems like there isn't much in the way of "tactics" with it. Guess that's what I'm missing more then anything else, and is being worked on. Making it so you actually have to play a bit, instead of just "give and take" damage.