Couldn't launch Net7 server

So here goes...

Installed the game demo, ran the patch, and installed Net7 launcher. Let it update, and when it finally displayed the play button, I clicked it and was greeted with this error message:

Error launching client.

Details: Could not launch Net7 server. Details: The system cannot find the file specified.

It's pointed to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe and the file is there. If I run the application independently, it loads the game and I make it to the registration screen (which I assume won't work given that the game is technically dead). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to playing the game :-)

Good news; that error is gone, and the browser window now properly shows the patch notice.

Bad news; I now have an error that reads...

"Error launching client.

Details: Could not patch registry settings."

I'm running as administrator, so I know it's not an issue of having sufficient privileges. Any idea?

EDIT: I see the poster below me has XP. In case it helps, I have Windows 7 x64.

Edited by skelbley

I am getting the same message on one of my machines.

"Error launching client.

The other patched fine and both running on XP. Go figure.

I am getting the same message on one of my machines.

"Error launching client.

The other patched fine and both running on XP. Go figure.

i am getting same thing with todays net7 patch i'm however using windows7 and wasnt having a single issue before this except for the occasional rare ctd

i am getting same thing with todays net7 patch i'm however using windows7 and wasnt having a single issue before this except for the occasional rare ctd

Same here. Windows 7 and the game was working fine all morning. Just got the patch and now I cannot get past the launcher.

Looked into errors and found this description....

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.9.6.0

Time: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 21:57:52 GMT

System.ApplicationException: Could not patch registry-settings. ---> System.IO.IOException: The parameter is incorrect.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, RegistrySecurity registrySecurity)

at Microsoft.Win32.Registry.SetValue(String keyName, String valueName, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind)

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.PatchRegistry64()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.Launch()

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoLaunch(LaunchSetting setting)

Means nothing to me, but hopefully it will to someone else.

I have encountered the same issue.

Running Windows 7 and have the shortcut and application set to run as administrator. Was playing no more than two hours ago with out any issues. Prepared to re log into game and sat through patch update. Then as per my usual routine did a forced update to ensure that I didn't miss any thing. Tried with all check boxes checked and unchecked but still received same message.

The message reads: Error launching client. Details: Could not patch registry - settings.

Receiving same errors as Calmus.

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.9.6.0

Time: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:23:23 GMT

System.ApplicationException: Could not patch registry-settings. ---> System.IO.IOException: The parameter is incorrect.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, RegistrySecurity registrySecurity)

at Microsoft.Win32.Registry.SetValue(String keyName, String valueName, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.Launch()

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoLaunch(LaunchSetting setting)

Hope it's something simple.

Edited by Falangee

I'm assuming you're on Windows Vista or 7?

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release, find client.exe and go into its Properties (by way of the right-click menu), and change it's compatibility mode to Windows XP int he Compatibility tab. Even if you've already done this, you may need to do so again.

my problem with the ctds were fixed simply reinstalled enb and repatched and then had net7 repatch the game works find now. Funny thing im on windows 7 and never had to set compatibility before the reinstall and after hehe

• 2 weeks later...