Streamlined Web to Game Experience - Noob Friendly

Going to open by saying that the overall Net7 web portal is actually pretty good.  That said, I feel the sign-up process is a little confusing to newcomers.  I recently returned to the Net7 community after several years of being away and I have to say that it wasn't a smooth return.  When I arrived the system had me create an account, this I expected, but it gave me no indication that the account was ONLY for the website and forum.

After I created my account I spent 3 days trying to get into the game, thinking that it was broken or offline, before I finally stumbled upon the solution.  On the Net7 site under "Account" I had to "Create Game Account".  This was a bit confusing because in my mind I already had an account, so I didn't realize creating a GAME account was a necessary step before I could actually play.  Perhaps this was laid out somewhere in the forums, but I'm a typical user and just wanted to make an account and get into the game without going all willy-nilly through forum pages.

My suggestion here is to somehow streamline the creation of the Game account to coincide with the creation of the Forum account.  Perhaps linking the login information across the two databases.  An easier solution would be, as a part of the sign-up process, automatically sending the user over to the Game Account Creation page right after they create their Forum account.  It would make the process easier for newcomers to actually join the community.

Edited by JodianGaming
correct a few typos

• JodianGaming changed the title to Streamlined Web to Game Experience - Noob Friendly

On the portal there is a step by step guide. It under the FAQ tab. It clearly walks you through the entire process. In saying that, this guide could be a little easier to find. As of now it's under FAQ/Game play and issues, and is the top button "How do I get in the game".

19 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

On the portal there is a step by step guide. It under the FAQ tab. It clearly walks you through the entire process. In saying that, this guide could be a little easier to find. As of now it's under FAQ/Game play and issues, and is the top button "How do I get in the game".

Indeed, as I figured.  I had no doubt there was a well-written guide.  That said, for new visitors, there's not really anything directing them to that guide.  Maybe that should be an automatic stop-off point after or during the portal account creation process.

Edited by JodianGaming
correct a few typos

Yea I think it would be awesome if they just moved that "How do I get in the game" directly under the main menu. It would also help to add a link about running the E&B Config.EXE in compatibility mode to that guide.

3 minutes ago, Dreadnaught said:

It would also help to add a link about running the E&B Config.EXE in compatibility mode to that guide.

I actually figured this one out on my own... 🤣 ...That said, someone with less computer knowledge might not be able to.

Edited by JodianGaming