Group Buffs

Asking about how group buffs work.

Say you are a JD and invited into a group, you give the group buff of critical targeting to the group. My question is, If the other group member is in another sector do you still get the group buff of critical targeting for yourself?

The way it looks like to me if the buff stays active when no group members are around. It would be better to group with a friend that can be doing trade runs while a JD farms mob for the individual group buff of critical targeting added into your combat.

Is this true/how it works?

Also how would the exp work from killing mobs would you get full credit? Or would it be like another player was there (lower exp per kill) and you wouldn't get the group bonus (Group member out of range). Would be the only downside if it where true for leveling combat.

Was going to post this topic into the Class Forum. I did not like the choice on where the topic should be posted. No general Discussion under the topics just break down into smaller topics. Plus not much activity going on with the forum sector compared to this General Discussion.