Job terminals went from bad to worse

A few weeks ago we were all having trouble with job terminals locking up and gluing the character to the screen (we couldn't get away ). Now that seems to have gone away about 95%, but there's an even worse issue. About 35% of the time I get on a job terminal the game crashes and sends me to desktop. Since it takes about 3 minutes for the client to connect again this has become a real bad game experience for me. What can I do to keep this from happening aside from not doing any jobs? :)

The job terminals break up the grind a little (I don't grind jobs for weeks like so many players -- I break it all up and do a little of everything to keep the game fun and not get burned out).

Edited by LagBeast

I sometimes multi-box, but I wasn't today. My je wanted to do explore jobs this morning.

When I got booted off three times I said, "That does it for the day". Played the Beta for Elder Scrolls for a few hours. Played my first mmo "Asheron's Call" for an hour. Watched some TV and took a nap. I didn't play EnB anymore today because I can take just so many bugs and glitches from one game per day. I love EnB and want it to do well, but this isn't the alpha anymore. This isn't the beta either. This isn't even all the stress tests that they had. This is LIVE and I would expect at least a 99% bug free game before going LIVE. Wouldn't you? When this game plays good again I will start donating again.

I didn't like Eve Online, but I liked Earth and Beyond. It was a game way ahead of its time... and "Beyond".

Personally, from my MMO experience, there is always bugs. Some of the bugs that have at the moment are bugs that they inherited from EA via the client. (Jobs functioned poorly in the retail live version as well). Another issue they inherited is that the client is not designed to current MMO standards. Most MMO's that are modern or have been updated (I assume Asheron's call has been) have had their communication tech improved and smoothed out. Our client is a very ancient prototyoe of current standards. Some issues do happen.

Next is my question about your rig. how's the local internet traffic? do you use wireless? (wireless has been known to kill job packets easily). In essence from what I've seen, Terminals fail due to communication error between client and server. There are many many moving parts. Some are server based, some client and many in between. Which one failed?

It's easy to blame the game and demand the devs to fix. Very easy. And if helps you feel better, enjoy. Just be willing to accept that they might not have a darn thing to fix. Megan hour happens for some as an example. some have issues with it, others don't. It's been traced down to where the internet traffic is for those users. 

But again, terminal bugs, have existed in that annoying state since...well 2004. Might not be able to be fixed.

Anywho, my two cents. Enjoy your day. 

Wireless? Yes and no. There are two computers hooked directly to a very nice and expensive ASUS RT-AC66U router using CAT 6 cables. However there is no cable or fiber connection to the house. My home is far too rural (nearest neighbor is two thirds of a mile away on the other side of a mountain). So my Internet comes from a very sophisticated satellite system provided by Wildblue Excede. Ping is currently 850 ms, download 24.6 Mbps, upload 11.2 Mbps. Even the local cable company only provides 15 Mbps service. Its just that the end of the system is a mile away.

There is also a very heavy coverage of 4G LTE coming from three of Verizon's cell towers within 1.5 to 2 miles. Ping rates are very low, download 35-45 Mbps, upload is 12-13 Mbps. However where other mmo's accept 4G perfectly (better connection than a direct feed), EnB hasn't updated their communications to work with 4G and even today's routers. Asheron's Call had this issue as well, but updated their servers over a year ago and runs great on 4G now. EnB screens freeze while gating and docking using cellular systems, but satellite works fine. I would prefer using 4G (when ships stop using satellite they bounce back and forth for a second or two).

So no I am not on the grid as you will, but here is my main point. Two months ago I was not having any issues with the job terminals. So I doubt it is anything at this end as nothing has changed for over a year.

Edited by LagBeast