Tractor Beam Graphic 'Stuck' On

Im sure this has been asked many times but cant tind it in search

Occasionally when using the tractor beam the beam graphic gets stuck and remains 'active' until the avatar is logged off and back in again. I caught the tail of a conversation in new players there is a permanent fix available but cannot find anything about it. Anyone have information on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

found answer to tractor beam issue. In the Earth & Beyond\data\client\ini directory look for an ini file called effect.ini. Use a text editor and look for a section called: (Make sure the client is not running!

[EFFECT-2]
Description=Tractor beam effect

in that section look for the line:

Duration=INFINITE

change it to:

Duration=5.0

Restart. Now if the tractor beam becomes stuck 'on' after a short time the beam will shorten and then disappear removing the need to log off and back on.

I cant claim to have discovered the fix however I can verify it fixes the problem. Seems this bug goes all the way back to live and was never fixed. It only addresses the graphics but it does not effect the operation of the tractor beam in any way.