Issue Running Two Clients

Hi there,

I am trying to get two clients running in windowed mode. I searched around and have read (I think) all the other posts on the subject, but I am having a different issue.

I am able to start up the first client just fine - however, as soon as I start the net-7 launcher again, the first client starts acting wonky: clicking any UI elements has no effect. The buttons animate and the button-press sound plays, but nothing happens. This includes the logout and quit options after hitting esc. (I have to kill the game from task manager.)

If I keep going and launch the second client after this happens, I get as far as the login screen, at which point I get the INV-300 error while trying to log in with my 2nd account.

I am running Win 7 64 bit. I followed the guide on setting the game files to Win XP SP3 compatibility mode, etc. I have packet optimization, prototype reorder and disable mouse lock checked.

Thanks for reading! :D

Just wanted to add a bit more detail.

I am using two monitors, extended desktop. They are a 24" and a 22" so different resolutions, but I'm running the clients in windowed mode anyhow. (Start up 1st one, scoot it over, start 2nd one.)

I experimented some more, and I did manage to get two clients signed in at once.. however the same problem occurred after about 1 minute, possibly caused by my exiting a station on the second client. (First client's UI became unresponsive after that.) It's worth mentioning probably, that the client is still logged in - the chat still updates and I can run around.. just can't interact with anything.

I'll keep fiddling with it.

I don't suppose there's an error log file someplace or anything that would give clues as to why this is happening?

Thanks for the reply. I do indeed have that option checked, along with packet optimization and prototype reorder.

[quote name='Littlej' timestamp='1347413057' post='63222']
Make sure you have [b]Disable Mouse Lock[/b] checked in the launcher window.
[/quote]