Repair Equipment Skill

Aashe

I"m having some trouble understanding this skill. I am a Terran Enforcer and I have level 3 of Repair Equipment but when I use it, it does NOTHING.

I have targeted myself and tried and I see no improvement. The hull level stays the same and all my equipment individually already says 100%.

I have targeted a group member and the effect is the same - nothing happens. Am I missing something?

The repair skill will only repair the "Structure" stat on items you have equipped, nothing more.  It will not affect hull or shield points, or the Quality stat on anything.

If they are already at 100%, the maximum for any item, then nothing will happen, working as intended.

These items usually will not take structure damage unless you  have taken a lot of hull damage, or more likely, have been incapacitated.  If you have been incapacitated there  is a possibility your items *may* take Quality damage.  This cannot be fixed with the repair skill.  If the item is manufacture able, it can be rebuilt at the Manu term, if you have the skills. If it cannot, the quality loss is permanent.  Lowered structure percentages on items makes them more likely to take more damage, If you get Incapped, get repaired ASAP.

Repairing items that need it will save you credits, if you do it before docking, otherwise they will be repaired as you enter the dock, and you will be charged for those repairs, if you have the credits.  If not, they will remain damaged.

If you tow and cannot pay the tow bill, you will not be charged and "Insurance" will pay the bill for you.

Fly safe :)

• Upvote 1

I was getting ready to answer this and I saw that Sir Hobbs was in here and refreashed the page and saw his post. Great explanation and well put.

Most of us use that have this skill use it durning raids after we have been killed and brought back to life so our equipment is back up tp par.

• 1 year later...

what about the penalties? like speed and energy deflection and so on? does doesnt get repair?

Your speed comes from your engine/Deflects from device's, if they receive damaged during any conflict with MOB, yes the deflects and speed would lower. After you're equipment has been repaired you're speed/deflects will be to what they were.  I hope this answers your question.

• Upvote 1