Web based Search Tool

http://www.bhughes.org/EnBOmnibus/main.php  (web server is URL case sensitive)

To start click the "Go" button next to "Asteroid Belt Alpha", that will bring up the sector map. Hover on the icons to see what's there.

Search works but there is only one sector input so far and it's not all in yet.  

No magic input or hacking the game either, just hit ctrl-T on targets and type them in the database. It's slow and boring.  

Why? Because I can't remember where to find mining and combat places by level.

Written in PHP with MySQL. I've tested it on browsers Google Chrome and Microsoft IE.

I'm not trying to promote some finished product with ads, it's just an idea I came up with a couple years ago.

The Editor 

http://www.bhughes.org/EnBOmnibus/edit.php 

The top light blue area is for adding POIs - "points of interest".    Name/Text is not required.  All searches will look for "minor type" names and the entry name both. 

The green area is for adding new "Minor Types".  (no way to edit after you add, let me know if you need text fixed).  I suggest minor type be used to as a faction name for MOBs. I've added Red Dragon already.  

The aqua area is for editing existing POI's. The delete button hasn't been coded.  

The edit button works.  Only thing you can't change on a POI is the sector.

There is a trick I added, you can click on a POI location in the lower list and it will populate the x, y on the top form with the lower coords.

After a couple dozen entries the lower list starts to become un-readable, the only thing that holds the data together is the x, y location.  Keep main.php up and pointed to your sector, it will show if any of your coords are wrong.  I sorted the lower list by x and y coords.

Please post any problems and suggestions. Report any data, like minor types, that should be cleaned up on the database.  

I was debating if I should add some kind of logon and auditing to the editor, but it seemed more trouble that it was worth.  I think we can all play fair here.  Any POI can be edited and there is no way to track who did what.

Dev's - let me know if there is a problem with any of this OK.