Combat Cloak still broken and now NERFED!?!?!?!?!?

SO they pushed a update today supposedly to fix buffs/debuff (primarily CC) which sad to state has done nothing to fix CC.

If you fire as soon as you uncloak (no  matter which method you use) there is no bonus at all besides critical which is seperate from CC. If you wait 2 to 3 seconds (normally up to the time the MOBs start to notice you uncloaked) and fire you get the double damage bonus. This has been tested ALOT since the update and full server restart today so nothing good there unfortunately.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE...................

Somwhow the DEVs decided that CC being broken was not enough of a reduction in damage output of the Jenquai (basically without it little chance of killing MOBs with same lvl as you let alone higher when at higher lvls) they went and NERFED CC DAMAGE BONUS around 25% lower. This also was tested and confirmed very easily after the server restart and confirmed on chat in game with some of ones running the game.

I had a setup against against once certain type of MOB before the patch and restart that did 10k damage per volley  with CC bonus and 5k without (total damage including crits), after the restart it droped to 8k with CC and 4k without.

Now I understand this is a free server but what I can't understand is why would you nerf a KEY  bonus that is not even working correctly to be even less effective?!?!?!?! I was all ready to make a good sized donation but now seeing that DEVs of the game are not thinking logically when it comes to not only game mechanics but the actual timing of when to implement game balance ..... that is if it was even needed  ...... will not be doing so.

The Jenquai Race classes while they can be very effective against MOBs several and more lvls above them that is on a solo basis but they have to kill that target before they can attack another. Both Terran and Progen can actually time their shots so they can switch and attack a new target while rounds are still traveling to the last target and kill it. Yet somehow the Combat Cloak was was to overpowered  enough even when broken to justifiy it being nerfed as well.

This is the same BS I remember back during the original EnB of obvious resentment of the Jenquai Race bonuses and key persons in EA making no secret of which race in the game they perferred. Don't believe me just look at the devices for Debuffing  ....... both Terrans AND Progen can get serious Debuff devices that are for the types of damage they normally deal yet unless you posses a super rare device Jenquai do not. In fact plasma based beam weapons are not even made by Jenquai even though they are what is mainly used because the majority of MOBs in game have good to immune resistance to energy weapons while other types are less.

This can not stand and I believe that the DEVS should be made aware that fixing the bugs in the game affecting the main playing style of the Races FIRST and once they all work THEN you can think about game balance issues and implement them. There is NO PvP like there was in the original EnB so why game balance issues are even thought about while serious bugs are in the game is beyond me.

Until that happens and the DEVs take a more organized and serious appoarch to how to get the game working right before going around and changing game play I will withhold any donations, I ask those that are also in agreement to what I have stated do so as well.

Thank You All for reading this

Edited by Gunsmith Dan

Withhold donations, no money for servers, DEVS cannot make changes to a game that cannot be accessed, Good thinking Gunsmith, think you are shooting blanks.

Not a flame at you, but there will be.

I think in an attempt to fix the problem some code may have been changed and part of the code included damage, thanks for bringing the problem to the attention of the DEVS, much appreciated.

Dan, I get your not happy about stats being adjusted. I do, I dislike my fun numbers being adjusted. It sucks. However I'd suggest keeping it to one thread. Jumping between 3 threads blaming the Devs for adjusting their game to fit their vision of balance isn't going to get you very far.

About 6 months ago Jenquai went through another adjustment. Beams did full damage at all ranges. Nice and fun. Comfortable. Strap on a set of protos with excellent range buffs and the mob sits and tries to find you as you snipe it from Missle range. There was rage when this was adjusted.

I tested combat cloak. The damage is lower, yep. However I can get the bonus damage straight from cloak. 

The biggest thing is, while the were fixing a broken piece of code dealing with ALL buffs, they found that Beams were getting extra unintended benefit. 

They adjusted beams back to live standard. People adjusted to the range power adjustment, people will adjust to this one. Takes 1 more volley to kill something, maybe 2. 

My suggestion is that you find reasons in data, (math, theory craft) and personal feeling feedback of how things flow for you. Jumping around yelling UNNERF me your *bleep bleep bleep* has never ever done anything then get you a drama sticker and ignored. Every MMO has those posts and they do very very very little. However, math and theory craft might.

I hope you reflect and find things a mere blip and not a catastrophe. life is too short to get high blood pressure over a game. 

• Upvote 3

... I was all ready to make a good sized donation but now seeing that DEVs of the game are not thinking logically when it comes to not only game mechanics but the actual timing of when to implement game balance ... that is if it was even needed  ...... will not be doing so.

I'm pretty sure that withholding donations is not making your point... Now if you HAD made donations and was one of the top 5 or 6 to donate consistently, well then this threat may hold some weight.  Actually probably not, but as always... 

Just saying

• Upvote 1

No, Mimir it wouldn't. Because if people stopped donating I would take it to one server that the team developed on, no one would play until it was done. It's a threat without teeth in that respect that's why I usually don't respond to them.

The donations that you pay don't go to us, they run the servers you play on and give us one to work with and one to give you all the web services that we have, that is all.

This being said, if you want to discuss this go here: https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/9910-diminished-capacity/

I am locking this thread because it has no real future.

• Upvote 2