Combat Cloak bugged once again

So the information everyone gets about Combat Cloak (CC for short) is that it is bugged and only the first shot right out of cloak gets the double bonus, the other following shots do not even with the CC buff active.

WELL I am here to say after noticing something the other day and ALOT of testing by myself and by other much more active players we have found out the opposite is true right now.

The first shot right out of cloak  gets  a extremely minimal bonus while all other shots fired 2 seconds or later after uncloaking get the double bonus. This means those running 4 second reloading beams and a 5 second CC timer get only 1 shot for bonus damage AFTER 2 seconds from uncloaking. If you run the Chavez 1.0 second reloading weapons and activate the weapons while cloaked then the first 2 shots are normal and the next 3 are double damage.

You can test it out yourselves and you will see a huge difference in damage a MOB takes if you wait 2 or more seconds to shoot them out of cloak. SO this means weapons that fire faster will actually do more damage as they can get 2 or more shots in before the bonus timer ends. It has also been tested with players that use devices that increase the CC bonus timer and the damage bonus extends out to the end of the timer.

Another issue I have noticed is that if you debuff and hit too closely together the debuff effect does not happen... It is almost as if there is a slight delay from when you activate the device to when it hits... using beams this can be nearly simultaneous. If you couple that with the funky issue with CC right now your first shot (Debuff/Fire through CC) gets crap damage.

We have to get it right guys, the problem doesn't just affect Jenquai, as much as it hurts you it's timing on all buffs, debuffs and effects. Something had cropped up in them causing a server crash and the only way to keep the server properly stable while we investigate was to do that.

• Upvote 1

SO while trying to fix CC and other buffs ( which btw is a Nerf of the Jen as it is) you guys decided to also lower the damage output of Jen especially with CC because why??????????

What you guys had some spare time on your hands between fixing bugs to say ........... "Hmm so we really do not like Jen so lets screw them up even more"  ..... seriously who the hell came up with the idea to nerf Jen damage output before the key skill we use to be able to kill stuff was fixed????????????????????????????

• Downvote 1

First what bug did they fix .... still broken the same as before. You have a mechanic work on your car and says "There you go all fixed now ohh and you will be geting 25% less gallons per mile too"  then have it still be broken, you gonna praise him too "ohh well he tired at least"?????

Second

SO you are saying that the bonus should only apply to unmodified damage rates instead of modified ...... hmmm I think I can remember many other skills doing bonuses on top of modified numbers  so you all in favor of those getting "fixed" as well right?  Damage bonuses, resistance bonuses, shield bonuses, engine bonuses etc.

Ohh wait no those are Progen and Terran skills we can't go around messing with those now can we.

Edited by Gunsmith Dan
  • Downvote 2

Combat cloak was to double the unmodified beam damage.  Think of it this way, when you attack outside of combat cloak, you get the damage listed on the beam (as long as you're below 50% range) plus the modifiers for your beam skill, and any item you have that directly buffs beam damage.  Now when you do combat cloak, it's like having an extra set of beams (with the same ones you have equipped), but those beams don't get any damage modifiers (again assuming you're below 50% of range).

What Terrell said, and as the Progen Warriors will be most glad to tell you if they're still around they got a similar fix for their shield sapping abilities last year or the year before.

KYP

FIrst off was the Progen skill broken and not giving full effect of the intended skill ...... no it was not so doing a balance change would of be reasonible if needed.

BUT

Changing the damage bonus on a skill that is actually broken and not giving the full bonus as INTENDED then saying "ohh well while we are here lets make the skill give the bonus as INTENDED"????????????

If I am correct the CC skill is suppose to give the damage bonus the instant you drop from Cloak not 2 to 3 seconds later on a bonus that has a base 5 second timer. If you use weapons that fire every 4 seconds you doing half your normal damage and if you using 2.0 firing weapons you lose 1/3 your normal damage using CC as it was INTENDED to work.

SO how about actually fixing the, KEY / MAIN / Without it Character next to usless, skill to make it work as it was INTENDED to work before modifing it to give bonuses it was INTENDED to give. 

My other later post has been locked and was along the same topic as this so I will repond here:

First off before commenting and attacking someone maybe certain persons should read the ENTIRE post then reply.

MY reply to hold back donations has NOTHING TO DO WITH NERFING CC but has to do with the fact that it seems the DEVs are going off on tangents and changing aspects of the game before they actually fix the problems first. There is no PvP in EnB so doing game balance for bonuses has NO PRIORITY over fixing bugs that cause serious problems to normal game play.

Talking on a technical basis the current issues with buff/debuff of certain powers in the game is a timing issue not a mathimatical limits issue. The first rule of doing any bug fixing is first fix the bug before tweaking anything else not related to the bug because it can introduce OTHER PROBLEMS. This can make it harder to not only fix the original bug but waste time tracking down if the new issues are tied to the current bug or something new.

My whole point was that I would be willing to donate and encourage everyone to as long as the DEVs are showing that they are organized and have priorities to fixing serious bugs before runing around and tweaking things. The time , energy and brain power is limited for EnB development and draining that off for other  issues  not hurting game play is wasting that important resource.

Thank You for taking the time

Edited by Gunsmith Dan
  • Downvote 1

Balance doesn't apply only to PvP, that's a silly supposition, no offense. I locked your other post because it looked like a big complaint over something you didn't really understand just knew that it affected you, as I said if you wish to discuss this topic, move to the other thread. I will not further engage it here. The issue at hand is entirely mathematical and the order in which the buffs are applied.

• Upvote 1

I have to be honest here, But to my fellow Jenquai I'm sorry BUT

I have not noticed anything different with Combat Cloak I'm still taking down

L60s with some affort.

I of coarse I have a few good beams, Cloak modifiers, Plasma Debuff and Energy Leech to

which I use religiously.

The only issue I have is with Psionic devices and modifiers, I can get my Psionic resistance

to 50+ and I'm still getting Menaced. (+30 Equip, +20 Activated (JE) + Psionic shield.)

I will check tonight to see if anything has changed with double damage.

I have been playing My Terrans as of late.

I suggest going up against a diffecult foe, first uncloaked and firing, take notice of the damage.

then use Combat cloak then come out firing, take notice of damage.

Don't use a damage debuff, you want a controlled test.

What Terrell said, and as the Progen Warriors will be most glad to tell you if they're still around they got a similar fix for their shield sapping abilities last year or the year before.

A change to shield sap does not dramatically alter their damage output though.

Where as what Jenquai have experienced recently is a huge loss in firepower. The point of combat cloak is to do high burst (alpha) damage. We all know that the PW is more efficient over time, but now you have taken away the jenquais ability to output high alpha.. what is the point in their combat tactic, now jenquai have no tricks up their sleeves, just low power weapons and little to no defence.

A change to shield sap does not dramatically alter their damage output though.

Where as what Jenquai have experienced recently is a huge loss in firepower. The point of combat cloak is to do high burst (alpha) damage. We all know that the PW is more efficient over time, but now you have taken away the jenquais ability to output high alpha.. what is the point in their combat tactic, now jenquai have no tricks up their sleeves, just low power weapons and little to no defence.

From my tests it isn't THAT bad... It was a slight reduction, but it is still incredibly high if everything works the way it should...

• Downvote 1

I find I have to take one sometimes two more shots now. It is not that bad.

Yea I noticed a small change, but I also noticed something positive too. Its Not a bug I believe its intentional.

Ask me nice privately I might tell you, then again I might not. Muhahaha

Well maybe we can get something else back :D , 2 seconds off the Psionic shield activation and/or

2 seconds off the Shield Leech activation and/or +15% Reactor Optimization and/or +20 Race Inherent Psionic Resistance (+20 Would go a long way).

Before the rest of you non-Jens get your wedgy. I'm Joking ! Except to the former.

"Two steps forward one step back."

The reason I am mostly bent out of shape is that now my JDs damage output just does not reflect the quality of the gear, the time invested in the character, nor does it reflect an entirely end game setup. 

The JD is the only class I truly enjoy playing and since EA live the JD has been the apex predator. The rest of you might not notice a "small" reduction to your damage output, or care for that matter. But as a born and bred JD, my damage output is what I play for. And when your damage output is as high as it can be, a small percentage equates to a rather large and massively noticeable reduction. There's nothing like the excitement of hitting de-cloak and unleashing all hell. But now with my wings clipped I am massively disappointed.

I'm sure I'll just be told to stop whining because my toys are now broken, or that I just need to adapt, or play some other game. But I genuinely feel that this nerf was too great, and has caused more unbalance than the balance issue it was seemingly intended to resolve.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The reason I am mostly bent out of shape is that now my JDs damage output just does not reflect the quality of the gear, the time invested in the character, nor does it reflect an entirely end game setup. 

The JD is the only class I truly enjoy playing and since EA live the JD has been the apex predator. The rest of you might not notice a "small" reduction to your damage output, or care for that matter. But as a born and bred JD, my damage output is what I play for. And when your damage output is as high as it can be, a small percentage equates to a rather large and massively noticeable reduction. There's nothing like the excitement of hitting de-cloak and unleashing all hell. But now with my wings clipped I am massively disappointed.

I'm sure I'll just be told to stop whining because my toys are now broken, or that I just need to adapt, or play some other game. But I genuinely feel that this nerf was too great, and has caused more unbalance than the balance issue it was seemingly intended to resolve.

+1

He has a very good point .

I have to agree with you, our end game stuff leaves more to be desired without Combat Cloaks double damage.

If items, the Races weapons themselves are equal in DPS, vendor or looted, which I believe they are, then Combat Cloak should indeed amount to no less than double damage within the 100% beam range as stated.

This will and always should compensate Partially for the weak shields and hulls of the Jenquai.

From what I am seeing, what I am guessing is the DEVs are dividing the Cloak and Combat Cloak in three

ways/areas to form balance in DPS and survivability, thereby haveing Overall Game Character balance.

I probabaly should not explain what I'm thinking, I don't want to open another Can of Gripe with the other races.

1) Double Damage

2) Dodge After Cloak

3) Benefits of Invisibility

Something in the above three has to be tweaked to form a perfect % to make a character skill Balance.

Without going into detail of what I'm trying to say my Profile Feed explaines my view on CC.

I can see that you would like 90% more emphasis put on Double damage.

I would probabaly go 50/25/25 percentages, other Jenquai may think differently.

It would be FRICKEN awsome to constantly get 200% beam damage within the range.

The numbers right now are weak after Combat Cloak, there is no doubt.

If and When they fix or implement "See Cloak" Its going to be a Mess !

I see them making changes again to Cloak or making "Improved Cloak" items work as well.

Small steps DEVs, small steps.

It explaines to me a little what Ulyydian might be trying to accomplish (I could be wrong) with his Role Specializations.