Windows 7 and IE 11 and Forums

Does anyone have a solution on how to fix copy and paste to the forums in a reply or post.

And I can't seem to Quote another player on the forums.

Only on Windows 7 and Only on the EMU forums for me.

I tried the advance setting in Internet Explorer 11, no Luck. I may of

missed something, if you know I solution please share it.

Very strange.

Thanks.

test

Have same problem
I use Office Word to copy/paste into, spell check then use the paste from Word clipboard in reply window. works for me

Ooo..

This has been limiting the size of my posts as I thought you couldn't copy / paste.

Thought it had been a "Restriction on Byakhee"

Thanks, Developers may thank you in person!  :mad: :blink: :unsure: :lol:

• Upvote 1

Fixed! 

For future reference and clarification , Are you saying IE 11 was the problem ?

Or The forums can now be used using IE 11 because of a fix?

Same Terrell, don't care for Chrome.

There is no "fix" - Internet Explorer is the most "standard violating" insecure browser suffering from countless gazillion problems based on the fact Microsoft is ignoring almost every W3C standard - more or less.

The only "fix" is start using a working browser - like the rest of the world:

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/08/01/ie9-falls-below-10-market-share-firefox-hits-50-month-low-and-chrome-again-gains-the-most/

I did the same, using Chrome in another log in user on my computer, actually I put EnB and all my links for anything EnB in the new log in user

I concur completely with Zack's last comment. So much so, that standard operating procedure for myself and select clients, I uninstall Internet Exploder completely from the Windows features area, of the Programs and Features section of the Winblows Control Panel. The IE renderer remains intact, so no issues with 7 after the fact. IE 10 and 11 had endless problems updating, or getting the updates to actually take, along with their lack of following web standards like W3, along with others. This is something I really wish (as a Sysadmin) Micro$oft's I.E. dev team would actually address. What's odd is they claim to actually listen to customer feedback and for input from the "test labs" they setup, for average Joe users.

I choose to use Firefox. Oooooodles and Ton's of plugins like Ad Block Plus, plus it plays real nice with Kaspersky Internet Security + Malwarebytes. And the customization (my
Win7 environment is completely custom) options are practically endless. Google Chrome for web testing as well, though I don't use it for my regular browser.

The last thing I need when browsing is the crap that IE seems to be a magnet to.  It seems to me every bone head hacker and their little sister have it out for IE.  Chrome is getting to be intrusive and when it gets to the point of IE, I will switch again.

The answer is: YOU HAVE choices, try a few or try them all, I do as Overtkill and have many EXCEPT IE that I use, I happen to prefer Chrome for ease of use (even my wife can use it :)).

P.S. And I use Dolphin on all my Android devices

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&hl=en

Just saying,,,

All hacks tend to aim at the most market saturation, for the longest time that was IE and mainly because MS shipped it is the 'preferred' component for Windows OS. Almost the same argument as PC vs Apple. Apple/Macs etc don't have as many viruses because the target on their backside isn't as large. Same with Firefox and Chrome, although they are vastly catching up with IE nowadays for those that spend more than time to check e-mail on their computer.

To answer your question, along with noting what others said above about MS ignoring W3C standards, turn on compatibility mode for this website and the quote boxes will appear in the default theme just fine. So does pasting, although they don't look right in that theme Darkk made. I'd have to go back and look it over but I recall running into some problems with it here and there, especially post IPB updates, which would indicate its violating one of their theme standards somewhere.

[attachment=2836:quoteNpaste.JPG]

[attachment=2837:quoteNpaste2.JPG]

[attachment=2838:quoteNpasteDk1.JPG]

[attachment=2839:quoteNpasteDk2.JPG]

Does anyone have a solution on how to fix copy and paste to the forums in a reply or post.

And I can't seem to Quote another player on the forums.

Only on Windows 7 and Only on the EMU forums for me.

I tried the advance setting in Internet Explorer 11, no Luck. I may of

missed something, if you know I solution please share it.

Very strange.

Thanks.

test

Test
 [attachment=2845:wolf_ghoul2-value_test-tn.jpg]

TY Kyp,

To answer your question, along with noting what others said above about MS ignoring W3C standards, turn on compatibility mode for this website and the quote boxes will appear in the default theme just fine. So does pasting, although they don't look right in that theme Darkk made. I'd have to go back and look it over but I recall running into some problems with it here and there, especially post IPB updates, which would indicate its violating one of their theme standards somewhere.

attachicon.gifquoteNpaste.JPG

attachicon.gifquoteNpaste2.JPG

attachicon.gifquoteNpasteDk1.JPG

attachicon.gifquoteNpasteDk2.JPG

Thank you Kyp, that worked for me.