The flood of buffs...

Overtkill

Hi again,

While we are on the topic of buff annoyances, hows about we mention the buffs that flood a player or players when one either de-cloaks,  or enters a sector. The volume practically blasts you out of the room (and I keep my audio low), and you get a display of every character's applied buffs every time one appears in the above conditions.

This might also help with lag in the raids and generally, as well as cure a long time annoyance of many players. I think I may have mentioned this one before at some point, but I can't seem to find the post, so here we are again.

Thanks for your time and consideration. :)

-Overt.

• Upvote 1

If you have been heavily buffed by a JE with a full set of skins, all the turbo buffs, reactor buffs etc... flying into a crowd near a raid, for example can decimate your FPS for a few seconds and create enormous lag..

I have always wondered why these re-display every time you gate or any time you fly up to someone all of the bubble effects re-display... loud, annoying...

For Example WH to Carpenter enough times and just after the WH goes from the map screen to live action again you get spammed by that idle player that had recently changed all of his items causing them all to display all of the activation animations ... Every .. Time .. You .. Arrive at the weft...

Well, would you be opposed to removing the "buff" effects & sounds?

If most players are finding them annoying and causing lag then the logical fix would be to remove them.

I know I have had a problem with that in the past so I understand.

Assuming the others are of with it I'm happy to help with this.

Tell you what, why don't you give me a list of the top 10 most problematic buffs and I'll see what can be done?

Not trying to be a pain in the arse here, but wouldnt this be better represented by the Player Advocate, rather than a Dev getting directly involved at this stage in the game? That is after all why the advocate exists.

Personally, I like the buff effects and would prefer them to stay, but by reading the dev's post 'if others are happy with it (happy with it could mean any thing really), than this change is going to occur without the general player-base being informed about it etc, something that the advocate would make public in their respective forum, so that everyone can see this, and if required a vote could be taken.

Not that I'm saying removing it wont happen, but it should occur by the player shoudl go via the advocate (and the dev specifically, should follow Net-7 procedure, and follow this up with the player advocate) before anything is rubber stamped etc.

Just my 2-cents.

I don't see a problem with the buff effects when the player activates them or during the "buffing" process for a raid and such.  But when you get the buff effects still appearing from an equipment change an hour ago and the only way to curtail this is to logout and then back in.  Also when they appear due to coming into proximity of another player it can be problematic and annoying. These also display when you pass a player in warp.

The buffs reapplying isn't something that would be easy to fix because of how the server is designed; however, we could possibly disable the visuals as they load on sector entry and just apply the buffs. I'll have to say now though, by comparison to what we need to work on this will be a low priority.

Discuss with the advocate if its a big issue and have him bring it to us.