Raid Gear

Appologies if this information already exists, I could not find it.

There has been a great deal of information posted recently about how to organise raids now that there is a public slot in the rotation. Thanks to all for that information it's very useful.

I was wondering if the more experienced raiders than me could help contribute to a list of required and useful gear that each class needs to bring to a raid.

This could include specific abilities (e.g. max Hull Patch for a TT) and devices.

This could be a useful resource for those thinking of getting involved and it compliments the other thread on organising raids.

Edited by NZToffee

Here is what >I< recommend for JD/JS/JE

Highest capacity reactor you can get your hands on, good recharge too...

SSR9, Heart of the Dark One and Cygnus 9 will all suffice for this in most cases.  Some would say Heart of the Master is an option for this.  My experience is anything with damage reflection HOLDS AGRO.. My JD used to die A LOT with this reactor in.  I swapped it for the slightly lower Heart of the Dark one on raids and died a LOT less.

JE: Battery/Jumpstart

Tactical Advantage 9 (Assists with jump start success/fail)

Drone Energy Amplifier (Drops from Controller raid, good reactor and turbo for buffing groups)

Blood of the Dragon (Reactor Buff)

Scutums (Shield to Reactor Shunt)

Mark of the Dragon (Good for buffing but be careful of the damage reflection it can hold agro on you and get you killed)

Chimaera 9 (To debuff plasma)

Antlia (Can use more than one for heavier needs on reactors, TTs are power hungry in heavy fighting)

Martyr's Heart (For when you flat run out of power, this will do the same as Antlia but costs 1 energy to activate)

JD: Summon/Battery

Deadly Focus (Increases damage output, activated reactor buff)

Pegleg 8 or 9 (Helps with summon, drops from GoBB raid)

Tractor Repulsor beam (Drops from RD base, increases groups Hull Damage once shield on the target is depleted)

Scutums (Shunt shield to reactor)

Martyr's Heart (To keep the JD's power up)

Chimaera 9 (Plasma Debuff)

Seal of the Dragon (Good damage buff, but hard to get the whole group due to it's long timer)

All the turbo you can get your hands on... JD should strive for 100% turbo for raids.

Energy Setup (Ghost Edge, Destroyer's Gleam, etc) for RD base specifically

JS: (Battery/Debuff/Heal)

Manticore 9 (Energy Debuff)

Chimaera 9 (Plasma Debuff)

Scutums (Shunt shield to reactor)

Blood of the Dragon (Reactor buff)

Quasar III (Additional Reactor buff)

L9 Guardian or Tang's Alacrity for faster Heals

Tactical Advantage 8(Increased shield cap and reduced XP debt cause healers die A LOT on raids)

Heart of the Dark One (Avoid Heart of the Master it holds agro on you) or similar reactor capacity SSR9 is OK too...

Mark of the Dragon (Shield buff)

Ivory Ward (reduce damage)

Good Fortune (Increased crits, reduced incoming damage)

Martyr's Heart (Cause you can get low on power quickly)

That is a partial list, I'll edit/add more as I think of them. 

Edited by Daath

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this Daath.

I was also recommended for my JE for their activated effects:

Phoenix Prime (instant transfer of reactor energy to a target)

Fornax Borealis (boosts reactor recharge rate for target)

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this Daath.

I was also recommended for my JE for their activated effects:

Phoenix Prime (instant transfer of reactor energy to a target)

Fornax Borealis (boosts reactor recharge rate for target)

Fornax buff is covered in my list effectively with Blood of the Dragon...

Phoenix Prime has limited use.. Shield Leech, Martyr's Heart and Antlia should be able to fuel a group pretty well with Reactor Juice... When you weigh the balance between Device Slots, Cargo space and usefulness the Pheonix was removed from my load out...

Fornax buff is covered in my list effectively with Blood of the Dragon...

Phoenix Prime has limited use.. Shield Leech, Martyr's Heart and Antlia should be able to fuel a group pretty well with Reactor Juice... When you weigh the balance between Device Slots, Cargo space and usefulness the Pheonix was removed from my load out...

In original live the Phoenix was one of the device I wouldn't have wanted to be without, but it feels like the return for energy invested is not as good in the EMU as it was in live. It may just be my poor memory playing tricks on me though.

Knix,

I remember the same thing about the L9 Phoenix device in "Live," but cannot be sure myself why it seems so much less important now.  I know as a JE it was a mandatory piece of gear for raids.

I think one of the reasons is that there are much better reactor choices now for all races than I rember in Live.  But, just can't put my finger on it for sure . . .  . . . . . . .

The PT's reactor building skill, means Progen characters have fewer energy issues, since higher quality on reactors means better recharge.  Most Progen reactors in the original game couldn't be player made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is what I carry to all raids.

PW loadout (Primary tanking)

Engine (primary tanking) Obsolete Drone Booster (big sig mobs shoot you first)

Zues 8 (pl range high sig)

Shield  (general use) Crimson Force barrier ( best pw shield in the game)

Skirmish Omega (agrippa debuff impact)

If you have one a skull shield for the turbo buff.

Reactor (based on primary tanking) Ambush Omega (30% pl power conservation)

Heart of the Master.. (32% damage added vrs 40 on the intolerance nuff said very optional)

Devices:

Installed.

Ivory ward/Tolerance (deflects)

Intolerance (damage enhancer)

Tactical Advantage/Basilisk (pl range or shield cap depending on your ammo loadout)

Activated and removed.

Sting Octo (pl accuracy and damage enhancement activated)

Turbo devices (plagues bite/Contained voltoi essence/Aegis of the Warder/Focus-Power of the celestial etc)

AA Gahtu An (Progen Only 20% added damage buff to all classes activated)

Optional Laser scope octo (jd's favorite buff)

Mark-Seal of the dragon (depends if you have a Gahtu like I do)

I have a Waking Nightmare (Never use it Only good to have so you can trigger the Gobb Raid.)

Binder Octo (gravity link casting speed and range( 9.4k gravity link range)

Guns:

I did a lot of lvl 9 weapon testing a couple years back and put out 3 dps lists (pl beams and ml's)

This is the highest DPS loadout you can put on a pw currently.

Fury of the master 100% 542 dps

Bile cannons 200% 542 dps

Period highest dps pl's in the game.

I like the scan range on a spitter and use one 516 dps.

Archos ammo hungry 486 dps.

Terran Enforcer: DPS Mode.

Engines Terran Advantage ( ml range high sig)

Viper (High sig installed rally buff)

Intent (reactor recharge  low sig)

Reactor Shooting Star 8 (High recharge best reactor for a te I have found)

Super Nova 8 (ml range high recharge a lot easier to get vrs a ssr8)

Shields  Bastion 9 (HDC high cap)

Skull 9 (15% turbo baybee high cap if you dare leave it installed) IMHO a skull is worth more on a te vrs a pw I mean .08 reload vrs .075 reload on pl's..)

Z shield (activated equipment engineering ml range option)

Devices:

Installed

Ivory ward/Tolerance (deflects)

Advanced Weapon Control System (+1232 reactor cap nuff said)

Intolerance (40% damage enhancement)

Sharkfin/Tactical advantage/Gorgon 8/Chang Lung's Pride/Martry's Heart (All optional all useable)

Activated

Sting/Laser scope octo (pw/jd's best friends)

Turbo Devices (more bigger better faster Higher the better)

Martyr's heart (must have don't leave a dock without it)

Steingerd's Embrace (do you really have to ask.) Optional if you have a jenquai around with a scutums/fornax/blood/deadly focus)

Baka (scan buff reduce sig installed)

Weapons. DPS Vrs Ammo Stack size

Smiters Wrath Highest dps ml around (Bile ammo ml power conservation)

DPS Zet Ml's Player made ammo (Highest dps regular use ml's in the game tiny ammo stacks)

Ammo stack size Biles (800 ammo stacks can go for hours without a reload and second to Zet's in dps for regular guns)

Caster (high dps unique 4th on dps list scan range)

Zet Ml's vendor ammo.

Personal loadout

Caster/Wrath/Biles

Terran Advantage

SSR8

Bastion

Ivory ward

AWCS

Intolerance

various top slot devices usually a chang lung's pride or a shark fin or a martyr's

Optional:

You will notice I did not list a hellbore on a TE, IMHO a hellbore is a better tt weapon and I have a 115% Ya Zi long TE based hellbore. Optional very optional.

Player Made ammo, that would change, maybe.

Gobb Raiders (Black Force Shield 5% turbo high cap)

Black power reactor 5% installed turbo high recharge

I'm still waiting to find a reason to use a black slow engine.. I can't seem to find a reason to roll on one.

peg leg and other device optional not needed unless you need the scan buff or reduce sig buffs. Not regularly available items very optional.

This is what I run, I run a big guild and I have access to stuff others might not have so adjust your loadouts accordingly.

PW loadout for impact is a skirmish shield and gravity link(gobb and rd base)

On the TE I carry a chang lung's pride (rd base drop) when using explosive, not all miners have found out you can use a salamander on all 3 miner classes yet)

This is thru a lot of trial and error testing listening to other well healed te's and pw's when I first came back to the emulator, and a lot of ammo shot thru a lot of guns.

Bellshade One of the leaders of VGE and I talk about pw loadouts occasionally and we would agree to a lot of things here.

Obviously he has different gear then I do or someone from Static or other guilds in general.

This is what a lot of thought and testing came up with please feel free to use this as a general template for your pw/te loadouts.

If you can afford the hold space or have a alt to carry ammo for a te and need a little more dps use zet's. Not as much out time but higher dps.

Obviously i would get a seal of the dragon for a te I just do not have one yet.

Because i have the Gahtu on the pw I got a mark of the dragon 171k shields is nice on a pw.

PW's must sap and hold aggro at raids I can't count the times I have gone to a raid and the pw has lvl 1 sap..(looks directly at Epic)

Inversion on a pw is optional creates lag at high body count raids use sparingly.

If you can afford it's use inversion stops mobs shields from recharging after sapping. That is what it is used for outside of faction farming.

The pw is more range limited then a te in terms of weapon range (3.6k pl vrs 5.6k ml base ranges) so some sorta range enhancements are needed.

Pw's are more sensative so the gear listed is based around max pl range on a pw a te using a TA9/Z/Supernova engine has 8+k range.

Super nova reactors and z shields provide the same range buffs and allow you low or higher sig engines (Viper + nos = 1000 kiting speeds on a te the only way I can find to get that speed but this was written as a dps list)

These 2 loadouts were listed in the manner I play the classes at raids.

I do a lot of primary tanking/group driving on my pw.

My TE's roll depending on the raid is hacking/biorepression fire and forget dps (he can almost kill Nesshix solo while you kill off the 54's)

Obviously in a kiting mode on a te a nos is essential (I have found te's to be insufferably slow in kiting compared to a tt/ts why they didn't get navigate is beyond me)

I didn't touch on the uses for a hellbore because this is a dps list.. solo kiting a hellbore or some sorta debuffer on a te is essential.

Currently gravity link is broken and shuts off other impact/explosive debuffs when that is fixed it adds 30% damage to explosive and impact.

Good luck out there and happy hunting.

• Upvote 1