When is a public raid not a public raid?

That is easy to answer, the public were not in the private channel.   Everyone that needed to be in the channel, was in the channel; unless u know otherwise?

This character is not guilded and has only reported on the public raids since they started a month ago.  That toon may not be in a guild...but it sure does all the whining for one.

I have no favorite guild and will report on any guild I see doing wrong.   Yeah right...and i accept wooden nickels.  

Run the raids fairly and ensure fair play for all and you will not hear from me again.

As raid leaders you have a responsibility to all participants and ensure fairness for everyone.

Fail to do this and your popularity will plummet as indeed it should.

nicodemus? rofl, I don't think so...   I was talking to u and nicodemus....I saw him...but I didnt see u...hmmmmm

• Downvote 1

Here are my 2 cents about this issue , with things i believe should help the hard situation :

Devs:

• there is a reason why mmo's moved from this way of restricting  , its simply bad.
    • move the encounter to instanced areas (aka fishbowl) ,
    • have restricting element as locked up period per account , and / or hard to get  activation device.
    • have content harder , which will slow the player advancement by game mechanics , and provide much needed content and progress . (one thing they did great in WoW)
    • have more end game content . lets be frank , 90% of the player base is maxed out , and the content in most demand is no holiday event , or quest in SE , its end game content . more of it = more happy people

better player experience , no frustration , same balance , more fun , win , without client coding. and a big boost to the game . when your only limitation is bigger demand then supply for content , this thread happens , no matter how kind people be , and believe me by far the community here is the best i ever saw in an mmo .

Public organizers:

• be transparent:
    • post on the forums before you doing a raid , 
    • post the time of the raid
    • post who was in the raid
    • post who won what 

when you are transparent , its hard to fault  you correctly or incorrectly.

we have small enough community which it will be very easy to tell if something fishy is or isn't going as long as the suggest post will be requested for each raid .

here some of what i think its fair , it shouldn't be taken as rules , but an idea on what i believe some guidelines could be , given of a vote or a result of a discussion

• public raid should be as simple as possible , just because its a group of random people , its hard to support private channels or complex loot systems.
  • and lets be honest , 10 min is bullshit . no raid even a guild one start 10 min after the officer came online , something reasonable as 1 hour for public to react seem more honest / correct (unless full of course)
  • public raid should be done when an agreed  representor  or trusted public member  is around.

i personally see no fault in organizer receiving something for the effort , its a hard job to do correctly , and i appreciate those who do it really for the public . 

that said , reward should match the work invested , and new players should not be taken advantage of . 

3 big ones

• we cannot assume everyone playing by the rules and i see no issue with 3 big one , acting as cops , preferably together  , preferably organized in advance , having "cops "is important. . keeping people specially under anonymity honest , when you have a lot to gain and little to loose by being dishonest . 

daath 

• you helped me a lot when i returned to the game , and it sadden me to see you so frustrated  , know that a lot appreciate what you do and i do hope you will be able to hear it over the complainers 
  • that been said i do hope you can reread everything and see that nothing was said to assault you , and i am sorry to see you wrongly assault back people who do not deserve it , and are really good people , with best intentions , i can testify it by first hand if my word worth anything ;) . 
  • i do hope you will be back into raiding , maybe co-oping or just raiding for less pressure , you good organizer  , and good representor for "the public" view . 

public 

• speak more :) , seriously its hard to be organized as public , but stuff i heard privately should sometimes be told publicly , if you wont speak for yourself don't expect anyone else to do it for you , this thread is mostly for the fun of the public , no one else will gain anything by it.

just to summarize my post i hope all can work on keeping the public raids honest and working , until the devs will solve the issues for us , we will have to do it ourselves , at least for the time be.

Haflo ,

out. 

p.s i apologize for some spelling / grammar mistakes , English is not my native language .

• Upvote 2

daath 

• you helped me a lot when i returned to the game , and it sadden me to see you so frustrated  , know that a lot appreciate what you do and i do hope you will be able to hear it over the complainers 
  • that been said i do hope you can reread everything and see that nothing was said to assault you , and i am sorry to see you wrongly assault back people who do not deserve it , and are really good people , with best intentions , i can testify it by first hand if my word worth anything ;) . 
  • i do hope you will be back into raiding , maybe co-oping or just raiding for less pressure , you good organizer  , and good representor for "the public" view . 

public 

• speak more :) , seriously its hard to be organized as public , but stuff i heard privately should sometimes be told publicly , if you wont speak for yourself don't expect anyone else to do it for you , this thread is mostly for the fun of the public , no one else will gain anything by it.

I appreciate your understanding.  But I have decided that when it comes to raids, I can't be online 24 hours a day and organize everything for these.  The level of criticism I have already received in the couple of times I did actually organize one of these raids, coupled with the stupid political games that surround them created by the big 3 guilds (more specifically Static, BI and Epic Gamers), is reprehensible, I do not have the energy, desire or motivation to even try and deal with that.  The state of the game for me at the moment is... I have very little reason to even log in to the game.  No goals left to achieve and all I do is sit in the station and stare at the walls... What few things I have left to do with my toons is all based around raids and not being in a major guild severely hampers my efforts to achieve those small goals... So I sit and stare at the wall for two days, then when a raid happens that I need, I have no way of knowing so it happens without me. 

All that being said I think my days in EnB are coming to an end, I just haven't had a good reason to log in for a couple of weeks and until there is something for me to do I don't expect I will be online much....

Edited by Daath

That is easy to answer, the public were not in the private channel.   Everyone that needed to be in the channel, was in the channel; unless u know otherwise?

This character is not guilded and has only reported on the public raids since they started a month ago.  That toon may not be in a guild...but it sure does all the whining for one.

I have no favorite guild and will report on any guild I see doing wrong.   Yeah right...and i accept wooden nickels.  

Run the raids fairly and ensure fair play for all and you will not hear from me again.

As raid leaders you have a responsibility to all participants and ensure fairness for everyone.

nicodemus? rofl, I don't think so...   I was talking to u and nicodemus....I saw him...but I didnt see u...hmmmmm

Pick on my post as much as you like.

The facts are without doubt                The public players that participated in the raid were excluded from the rolls for loot

There is no doubt about this fact.

If it was a mistake you would have said 'very sorry we made a mistake and thought everyone was in the private channel' and done something to put things right. It was clearly not a mistake!

I have checked again with one of the public raiders. i cannot repeat here the response to the lies stating that efforts were made to include the public players.

Like I said before Do it fairly and you will not hear from me again.

That is easy to answer, the public were not in the private channel.   Everyone that needed to be in the channel, was in the channel; unless u know otherwise? I KNOW OTHERWISE

This character is not guilded and has only reported on the public raids since they started a month ago.  That toon may not be in a guild...but it sure does all the whining for one. You obviously don't like being caught.

I have no favorite guild and will report on any guild I see doing wrong.   Yeah right...and i accept wooden nickels.  You evidence for this comment is? Of course you do not have any...

nicodemus? rofl, I don't think so...   I was talking to u and nicodemus....I saw him...but I didnt see u...hmmmmm Facts are facts you intentionally excluded public players from rolling for the dropped items

I warmed you what would happen if you gave the big 3 guilds the game on a platter .

LOL

I'm proud I left when I did.

The end game content which is essentially raids and the big bosses the big 3 have complete control of. So unless you join them you either mine all the time kill stuff build or hope the big 3 allow you join one of there raids if they feel you are worthy, You can't retain a growing player base when you give control to certain individuals who should not have it, It serves to cause irritation and people just leave .

Edited by wireclub
  • Downvote 3

I warmed you what would happen if you gave the big 3 guilds the game on a platter .

LOL

The end game content which is essentially raids and the big bosses the big 3 have complete control of. So unless you join them you either mine all the time kill stuff build or hope the big 3 allow you join one of there raids if they feel you are worthy, You can't retain a growing player base when you give control to certain individuals who should not have it, It serves to cause irritation and people just leave .

What are you talking about? Since when does the publics weekly raid have anything to do with the Big 3?

Jamoos & GetOffMe,

I was not there, however, I have heard that there were some of the public players that were not in that channel, and excluded from the loot rolls. I understand you said it was stated in TS, but what if not all of your players were in TS to know where they were to be looking or what channel to be joining?

I will not pass judgement nor call names or point fingers because I was not there. I only know what I have heard through the 'grapevine' about how some of the public raiders felt left out and excluded. If this was the case, then the responsibilities to ensure that everyone was indeed included for all parts of the raid fell upon the raid leaders.

If you get called out on this you can shoot the messenger, but what would be the point? Why not work harder to ensure it doesn't happen again. Errors occur every day of the year. If you fail to recognize an error and you don't learn from it then it will continue to be a thorn in your side. It happened, someone spoke about it, learn from it, don't repeat it and move on.

• Upvote 1

LOL

Much of that is changing, since you are not in game anymore you have no place to judge now... so keep your half baked opinions to yourself.

Funny reading quite a few threads and posts , It seems nothing is changing and a lot of people are coming to same conclusion I did regarding certain aspects.

The only one naturally still in disagreement and again from reading these posts that seem to fine with the way things are, Are the big 3 and trying to make any progress towards any sort of solution seems to be quite conveniently getting slowed down by continuous argument between the offending guilds.

The problem would be solved if they were quite rightly so told they do not control the raids and they cannot sit there continuously camping timed bosses and raid triggers so no one else can get near unless they allow them to do so . They have no say who does what when etc etc.

Funny reading quite a few threads and posts , It seems nothing is changing and a lot of people are coming to same conclusion I did regarding certain aspects.

The only one naturally still in disagreement and again from reading these posts that seem to fine with the way things are, Are the big 3 and trying to make any progress towards any sort of solution seems to be quite conveniently getting slowed down by continuous argument between the offending guilds.

The problem would be solved if they were quite rightly so told they do not control the raids . They have no say who does what when etc etc.

Honestly its up to you guys I have no immediate desire to come back after what I saw going on in the emu , However I once cared for this game and its disappointing.

From what I have red from the forums your numbers are dwindling this I can almost guarantee you is not helping the problem at all there is very little end game content as it is handing full control of it to 3 guilds is not the best idea, No one else can touch this content unless the big 3 decide they can do so or take a day off. If they want to do it (which is most of the time) you ain't getting near it.

Its a recipe for absolute disaster and not helpful , Most games survive off the end game , This games end game player base as it stands join the big 3 or leave , Which is why I suspect people are leaving people don't want to feel like they are being forced into something because the big 3 are being greedy , I mean read posts from there representatives the way they speak they don't even try to hide that they own the content.

Edited by wireclub
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

wireclub, on 16 Jan 2014 - 6:31 PM, said:snapback.png

LOL

I don't know about anyone else but my irritation stopped when Wireclub stopped playing :)

• Upvote 2

I don't know about anyone else but my irritation stopped when Wireclub stopped playing :)

*tries to suppress a giggle and fails miserably*

I'm still stuck trying to figure out what the heck he's even bumbling on about. I guess there is a valid point in reading the thread you are replying to before opening your mouth though.

The problem would be solved if they were quite rightly so told they do not control the raids and they cannot sit there continuously camping timed bosses and raid triggers so no one else can get near unless they allow them to do so . They have no say who does what when etc etc.

The problem would be solved if they were quite rightly so told they do not control the raids . They have no say who does what when etc etc.

Honestly its up to you guys I have no immediate desire to come back after what I saw going on in the emu , However I once cared for this game and its disappointing.

From what I have red from the forums your numbers are dwindling this I can almost guarantee you is not helping the problem at all there is very little end game content as it is handing full control of it to 3 guilds is not the best idea, No one else can touch this content unless the big 3 decide they can do so or take a day off. If they want to do it (which is most of the time) you ain't getting near it.

Its a recipe for absolute disaster and not helpful , Most games survive off the end game , This games end game player base as it stands join the big 3 or leave , Which is why I suspect people are leaving people don't want to feel like they are being forced into something because the big 3 are being greedy , I mean read posts from there representatives the way they speak they don't even try to hide that they own the content.

please go find someplace else to troll... we have enough trolls with the active players... you've moved on.. so move on... please don't look back.. we don't want you to... just keep going, nothing to see here...

• Upvote 1

See your making the mistake in distinction between trolling and truth. Because you don't like the truth and why would you?

Daath - BI

allura-static

preekorb-static/vge? (pretty sure he belongs to one of the big 3)

But I am done with this thread . I tried to help you continue stuck in your ways and your average online will continue to dwindle :/

what was it read from pakratt

38-200 online it has incredibly dropped more then even I suspected.

• Downvote 2

See your making the mistake in distinction between trolling and truth. Because you don't like the truth and why would you?

Daath - BI

allura-static

But I am done with this thread . I tried to help you continue stuck in your ways and your average online will continue to dwindle :/

I am not in BI.. I have not been in any guild for months... so check your facts...

Daath - BI

allura-static

I would be curious to know, did you even BOTHER to look at the topic of the thread you are in? These are indeed public raids that are being talked about. That would mean, those who are NOT in the Big 3 have their very own week to get together and raid.  I have no idea what your version of the truth is, but I suspect it might change or at the very least be radically altered if you stop shifting your brain into neutral and allowing your tongue, or in this case fingers, to idle on.

LOL

So you are proud that you left when you did?

Not as pleased as we were. We were partying all night....

Not7News you are as much or more of a troll than Wireclub is...

Hiding behind a pseudonym to maintain some form of anonymity is cowardace..

The word is cowardice.

I am not a troll.

I am a freelance reporter, reporting on the truth and only the truth.

And once again the truth is that public participants were denied access to the rolling process.

Epic at best were negligent in their rolling process or as the evidence suggests they were underhanded.

Just take that on board and realize that if Epic is fair in public raids and does not do underhanded things such as this then I will be as quiet as a mouse.

And as for me being a coward. Who walked away from the public and left them on ther own? you did Daath.

Edited by Not7News
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't care what happened in the raid or the roll.. I've written that off as a loss already...

As for calling me a coward?  I decided i had more valuable things to direct my energy toward than to baby sit a bunch of bickering children and their toys.  In a few weeks I will be starting my new job and I won't have time to even look at these forums much, if at all...

If that makes me a coward, so be it... I would say it makes me a human being with priorities above and beyond this game. 

Hiding behind a pseudonym, just so you can make inflammatory posts without fearing reprisals from your peers in game and out is cowardice by definition.. It is also, incidentally the definition of trolling...

• Downvote 1

Consider me a troll or a coward if you like.

I am the only one standing up for public / unguilded players who want to raid and who want a fair shot at the rewards.

if you want to stand up for the wrongdoers go ahead.

if you want to stand up to the wrongdoers and do what is right by the public that want to raid go ahead.

If you want me to shut up then ask your friends at Epic Builders to play the game in the spirit that was intended.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not standing up for anyone.. I am just calling you out as a "public Servant" because if you were really a crusader for the public good, you would make yourself known so people can interact with you directly, not via a pseudonym. It is impossible to trust your posts as genuine because of this, how do we know you aren't a member of one of the offending guilds?  Your criticism is tainted and not objective at all, based on what I have read of your posts I can deduce that you are, in fact, a member of one of the big three guilds.. So how can you be a member of an offending organization, perhaps even a high ranking member based on some of the comments you have made. 

I can speculate as to your identity... but I shouldn't have to... be honest with us and we'll treat your posts accordingly... With all of the deception your views are tainted by suspicion and are not taken for any value...

• Downvote 1

I'm not standing up for anyone.. I am just calling you out as a "public Servant" because if you were really a crusader for the public good, you would make yourself known so people can interact with you directly, not via a pseudonym. It is impossible to trust your posts as genuine because of this, how do we know you aren't a member of one of the offending guilds?  Your criticism is tainted and not objective at all, based on what I have read of your posts I can deduce that you are, in fact, a member of one of the big three guilds.. So how can you be a member of an offending organization, perhaps even a high ranking member based on some of the comments you have made. 

I can speculate as to your identity... but I shouldn't have to... be honest with us and we'll treat your posts accordingly... With all of the deception your views are tainted by suspicion and are not taken for any value...

That is not the name of this post. If you want to start a post called 'who is Not7News' carry on.

This post is called 'When is a Public Raid not a Public Raid?'

I will start a new post called 'When is a Public Raid a successful Public Raid' and I will report on successful public raids.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me lots of good things to report on the new post so that there are no longer underhanded activities to report on this post.

Please feel free to start a new post of your own called 'Who is Not7News?'

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1