EnB: Conceptual Fixes

Talari

Below is a few Items that is Immediately Needed

Advertise for the game (population is a huge issue)

• Increase the max skill of all races for weapons to Level 9.
  • Trade Terran Destroyers Rally With Terran Traders Shield charging Ability (Making closer range weapons more viable for TE, and Damage higher (though crit) for TT)
  • Greatly Increase the resistance granted from Shield charging (30%) and its hp amount by 68%-72%
  • Improve Terran Shield regeneration by 65%
  • Reduce Jenqui Critical strike change (Beam) by 10%
  • Add a daily credit Decay rate of 1.5% of your total Credit value

Experience for trading needs to be increased greatly.

• Experience for trading should be based on the level of goods, and should behave accordingly. At present, the game will grant something like 30 exp per item on level 1 trade good, and a few hundred on level 4. The game should be reworked in a way that its generating 300 per on level 1, and a few thousand on each level above accordingly, however it should be also worked that the trade goods must be accessed based on the level of negotiation, or designed in a way that its to expensive to buy a trade good for lower level players. This means that end game trade goods would cost hundreds of thousands of credits.

Experience for exploration needs to be increased greatly.

•  Exploration based on level needs to be reworked, and vastly increased. Players being granted say, 3000 exp max for a location is unacceptable.
  •  Exploration income for mining should be vastly increased, and should become a major exp income for the class.

Combat Experience needs to be increased Moderately

•  As it stands now, the experience grinding is extensive, and should really be increased. The general "combat level" should be granted ever 5 (Level 1) and increase each level by 50%, Ending at level 150 requiring 1850 Kills to level a combat level.
  •  Item drops for trading experience on npc's needs to be reduced by about 13 to 15%

Below is a few Items that is Urgently Needed

• Raids should be reduced to 5 man group encounters
  • Raids should be reduced in timer resets to 1 hour
  • Raids should be only triggered by a full group (preventing abuse from single players)
  • New "Single mob Boss encounters" should be created, that require 10 to 20 people to kill, but drop loot from raid encounters. These bosses should have a 2 to 6 hour random respawn timer, Allowing players to circumvent the need to attend the raids to acquire raid loot, but should be done as a group activity.
  • Docking fee for death should be set to 2.5% of the players total Credit Wealth
  • Increase the Production (Item building) fee of items Greatly
  • Increase the Refinement (Ore refinement) fee Greatly
  • Add an automatic Docking fee to Space stations not belonging to your race, to hostile races that costs an additional amount (50%)
  • Increase the cost of all vendors modules greatly (Level 1-2 50%, Level 3+ 200%)
  • Increase the cost of all trade goods greatly.
  • Increase the cost of all specialize trade goods (The trade vendors that sell 1-3 items, rather then many different types of trade goods (IE things like Sol news etc) Greatly.
  • Improve Jenqui Cannon Damage
  • Improve Jenqui Missile Damage
  • Improve Terran Beam Damage
  • Increase Terran Beam Range
  • Improve Projan Beam Damage (critical strike)
  • Improve Projan Missile Damage

Below is a few Items that is Not-Urgently Needed

• Reduce the power of Unique Modules (The ones that everyone always uses)
  • Rework the Inner-Racial items in the game, so that they now offer more unique technological advantages. For example, Projan reactor 450 cap, 7 Regen vs Projan reactor 445 cap, 9 regen should be changed to 550 cap, 5 regen vs 350 cap 12 regen.
  • Rework the racial difference of items, to suit the classes and race better (Example, More resistance bonus on projan tech, more speed on terran, and more visibility reduction on jenqui

Below is a few Items that are Desirable

• Improved Model Texturing
  • Improved Planet Texturing
  • Improved Environment Texturing
Edited by Talar
  • Downvote 6

On the note of Weapons and classes.

Terran Weapons should travel the farthest and fastest.

Jenqui weapons should be the fastest rate of fire

Projan weapons should be the highest Damage, but slowest rate of fire

Terran shields should offer the highest regeneration, with moderate hp but no resistance

Jenqui shields should be moderate in all aspects

Projan shields should have the highest resistance and Hp, but lowest Regeneration

Terran engines should offer the highest speed but cost the most energy

Jenqui engines should offer the lowest energy costs, and reduced visibility

Projan engines should offer the slowest speeds, but offer improved reactor rates

• Downvote 3

Wow. Your ideas here are bound to be unpopular, plus, you are obviously calling for a nerf to Jenquai and a boost to Terrans. That's bound to start an argument.

I'll start with your second post, simply because I don't know where to start with the first. Jenquai weapons typically need a very long rate of fire because of the mechanics of Combat Cloak. You want to uncloak, fire off a volley of weapons, and then Cloak while your beams are recharging. Too short a fire rate, and re-cloaking during combat will reduce your DPS. But perhaps that is the point. I will say that at low levels there are a nice selection of fast fire rate beams, and I love using them. Beams actually vary greatly between high fire rate and massive alpha strike capability.

IMHO, it's projectile weapons, and thus the Progen, who should have the greatest rate of fire. The role of the Progen is sustainable DPS. Missiles, of course, should have the longest range.

Your description of shields and engines pretty much fits the way the game currently is, except that Jenquai shields are below average in all respects. Remember that Jenquai can also use Terran shields. The JW is able to stack Psi Shield on top of his standard shield, if he could get access to Progen shields, even at level 8, he'd be considerably tougher than he already is.

I don't think visibility is currently working, but I like to see it working, as that's one of the things I really liked on live. I'm not sure where you are getting that Progen engines should boost reactor rates. Progen get some pretty good reactors, for not being able to get to Jenquai reactors. And I notice you don't even MENTION reactors. Jenquai reactors tend to have high capacity but really low recharge rate, which works great for beams. Progen reactors, like Terran shields, have a much lower capacity, but recharge faster. (And now that they can be player built, they can even compete with Pirate models)

There is a massive In balance to Terran's At the moment. What i am attempting to do is make it more viable for them to use other types of weapons. If you noticed one of the first changes...

• Increase the max skill of all races for weapons to Level 9.

This is to encourage more use of the weapon types out there, rather then sticking the three races to those respective weapon types. This will help encourage and raise the diversity, and fun factor of the game.

What i am attempting to do with the races, is to create a balance between the weapon types, and to encourage more competitive play for the classes, rather then the single play. Forget the skills for now, They will need to be addressed as the weapon changes take place, Which means we really can't predict how good or bad the skills will be until the player base uses it.

Terran's

As it stands now, if any of the three classes is not viable for the use of all three of their weapon types, its terran. Have you ever tried to fit beams or projectiles on a terran enforcer?

This is why the buff above for their shielding. They just cant handle using other weapon types, and it makes no sense to keep it like this, one of the original developers would of

saw this problem and fixed it, its something long coming. Its likely here, that we have all the skills playing the majority-role of encounters when it should be playing more of a support

role. The game should be more developed and centered around gear (specifically that of rare loot; with crafted offering that bonus over vendor loot) and this will lead to a stabilized economy later (provided we get more people and a few sinks).

Projan

Projan actually should have the highest critical strikes, and hits in the game, Not the highest Raw /Base Dps. what i mean by this is that projan weapons should be naturally tuned for that.

Projan are ment for combat, and naturally should be dealing higher damage rates, and longer survivability times.  In short, Projan should have the alpha (Even though i would not design it exactly like that see below for why (second post))

Jenqui

Jenqui should depend on their cloak heavily; However they should not decloak and 1-2 shot things, this is broken / overpowered. This needs to be toned down in alpha, and raised in Dps (for a proper balance). Believe me, Its much better for the player base. If the game becomes balanced we can look at more suitable content, and its easier to develop rather then to play guessing games with extreme

hits off various things in game.The increase Rate of fire on Jenqui will help make them better then they are now. It will allow them to get more shoots off per recloaking periods, but will come at the cost of their beam damage being lowered. Honestly, you really shouldent kill something in 2 hits in the game, it should be more like 5 or 6, maybe 7 or 8 (At equal levels)

As for shielding, The stats are like that, but they are not behaving that way, and we really should go to looking at making the items even more racially supportive (skills/passives on the items that boost race concepts), to encourage the races to lean more toward their technology.

Edited by Talar
  • Downvote 6

When it comes to weapons, The weapon themselves should be filling the roles of (Alpha, Dps, Burst).

Alpha damage should be done by missile based weapons

Burst damage (High, short and frequent intervals of alpha; should be carried out by Projectiles)

Substained Dps should be carrier out by Beams

If we rated each race according to these concepts,

weapons should work out something like as follows (1 out of 3)

Terran

Dps: 2

Alpha:2

RoF:2

Range:1

Crit :3

Jenqui

Dps: 1

Alpha:3

RoF:1

Range :3

Crit :2

Projan

Dps:3

Alpha:1

RoF:3

Range :2

Crit :1

Edited by Talar
  • Downvote 5

While some of these ideas are radical, and have the potential of bringing things up to modern MMO style of design. You will find that in order to pull off half of what you've proposed, heck maybe only a 3rd of what you've listed, you need to modify the client and how it displays and functions. 

At current, that's not going to happen. (unless you rebuild the client from ground up with new models and a different game name).

I understand the passion for the game you enjoy and want it to be at. 

However this project belongs to someone else. It's their time and energy that has built this world up. They do it as volunteers. The work your suggesting or some would call demanding would put a full team of coders in a studio to work for at least a year to make sure it was built and balanced properly. We don't have that resource.

I like the passion, however asking for a re-write of things (one issue, or two issues or many issues) is more then likely going to fall on deaf ears. It will be noted, nodded at and if some things are fixable put on the list for review. 

My thoughts are, enjoy the game for what it is. A nice MMO that has a solid foundation and excellent ability to tell story. If you want what's listed above. Build it.

• Upvote 2

It's their time and energy that has built this world up. They do it as volunteers.

Yes i know, I was one of the developers trying to help with this (and still am trying to do so). A break from the game for school 

robbed me of being able to help during that time. The Game can be fixed now, there is simple Light code, Or near code free fixes.

If you want what's listed above. Build it.

I am investigating this in the conceptual phase at the moment, if it looks good, i will do just that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Talar, I know you have a vision of your ideal E&B (or EnB2, as you have posted elsewhere).  I would say. go forth, build your ideal game, and enjoy it.  I'll be here playing this one, with all its "Faults".

Sevin

• Upvote 3

You want to do what To my Jenquai ?!

There is so much wrong with what you suggest that I'll just point out the more ridiculous.

"Raids should be reduced in timer resets to 1 hour"

By the end of this year everyone would have all the End game items currently in game.

"Reduce Jenqui Critical strike change (Beam) by 10%"

We already have a reduction in beam range damage, And you want to make the Race Weaker?.

"Add a daily credit Decay rate of 1.5% of your total Credit value"

In real life even under my bed my credits(cash) doesn't loose value, why in the hell would it decay? (Unless we use fruit and Body parts as monetary credits.

"Experience for trading needs to be increased greatly.The game should be reworked in a way that its generating 300 per on level 1"

By the end of This year everyone would of leveled a New Characters trade to L50.

I could go on and on.

Talar, I mean this in the best possible way, your playing the wrong game,. The changes you are suggesting is very different than what we have and Had in "EA Live". Good luck in your new game venture and forming a "clan"

The DEVs and The Community have did a lot of balancing with the characters and Races and it has been painful to all of us.

They have the game in a VERY good condition of Balance, playability and difficulty ramping. Their changes to the game in the future will be small and cautious. The last thing we want to see again is one step forward and two steps back.

Your becoming a very popular guy/girl in game and on the forums, IMHO now all they have to add is a ignore feature to the forums.

WTF is a Terran Destroyer ?

Oh BTW, Its Jenquai !

• **Increase the max skill of all races for weapons to Level 9.**
  • That one alone makes your whole post null and void iff u ask me.
  • U want every class to be able to use every type of weapon.
  • Meaning u take away the "uniqness" of every class.
  • Game is fine as it is.
  • Good job to all who made this game what it is now.
  • Upvote 2