Extra SP mission

Daath

How about a mission, limited to toons OL150+ that can turn 1 SP into a token.. This token + another mission can be redeemed for 1 SP on another OL150+ toon.

Both missions can be long and painful, but will allow people with toons that have SP they can't spend due to maxed out skills to transfer a modest number of them, with some effort and risk, to another toon...

Mission 1, repeatable after 10 days... Long, painful, risky... SP is given up to create an item that may be lost in the process of Mission 1..

The risk would be that the SP spent for this token would be lost forever if mission is failed.. It should be challenging so that whatever toon is doing the mission must be tested to their limits, if they fail they lose the SP.

Once mission is completed it is a tradeable item.

Mission 2. repeatable after 5 days, Long, painful and risky again... the token is to be converted back to SP but if mission is failed the SP is lost forever..

After mission is completed the item has been converted into 1 SP.

These missions would be useful for moving SP that cannot be used from one toon to another and would stimulate trade for a high value item on the Market.  This item is still at risk of loss even once obtained but would give players with few resources a way to generate trade materials periodically.

Just something to think about, because my JE has many SP she can't use and I would LOVE to have a way to move them, even slowly, to my Builder toons that don't get much play time for over-dings.

*chuckles to self* Be careful what you wish for.  Hey Byakhee, want to do this quest and make it as hard, or harder, than Agrippa? I'll make sure it stays out of the wiki so long as it is known the end reward is 'A single skill point'. :p

*chuckles to self* Be careful what you wish for.  Hey Byakhee, want to do this quest and make it as hard, or harder, than Agrippa? I'll make sure it stays out of the wiki so long as it is known the end reward is 'A single skill point'. :P

Good point, the Christmas missions were fairly easy, and awarded 3 skill points upon completion.  IIRC the minimum level required was L10 to do said Christmas mission.

The point being that I don't think it wise that people can make 20 of these in a day....

I'd say solve that by making the missions lengthy. A transfer of skill points should cost you time and credits, say 25% of the average time of active gameplay required for one overlevel and a few million credits.

If someone wants to run these missions 24/7 and transfer 20 skill points per day, I say let them...

I'm not a fan of risking loosing a skill point. If it is possible, it should be a very rare not to affect the transfer cost.

Also, put the most lengthy mission on the receiving character. It should be easy to give up a spell point, but hard to recieve them.

I also think transfer of spell points should be limited to characters on the same account, or bound to the same forum account, to stop these tokens from being used as currency. I don't know if it's possible, but one way could be to only allow transfer using the account vault function.

Whats wrong with letting them be used as currency?  Many players who have 150ish toons have a hard time getting trade materials worthy of consideration by players who have every item in the game, these are expendable trade materials that anyone can make if they put in the effort...

I don't see a single thing wrong with that... But again that is why I suggested a long delay between times they can be created, in order to retain that value and avoid abuse... But seeing as how not a single dev has looked at this and given it consideration yet I'm thinking it's a moot point..

Good point, the Christmas missions were fairly easy, and awarded 3 skill points upon completion.

Fairly Easy...    *chuckles to him self*. 

I wounder if Santa is making an apperance this year ::evil grin::

The trouble I see with a currency this valuable is the risk of trading in real world currency, which is something I think is wrong in a game, but that's just me...

I seriously doubt anyone would resort to that for a few SPs... They aren't THAT hard to make on any toon over 150.. Just not the most fun way to spend my time in game..

Yeah, the only thing was finding Santa, which wasn't too hard once we figured out the places he could appear, and remembering to run away quickly after receiving your gift.  I did have one character fail the mission, my TW, Toren, said or did something wrong at F7 and didn't get the milk.  I liked those missions and look forward to them. 

I can't remember if it was ST3 or ST4 but there was one Christmas where some people decided to kill Old Nick.  Wish I'd taken screenshots.

"Bad Santa" ?

First lets think about Halloween.

I mentioned on another topic about increasing the number of skill points gotten over level 150 to 3 per Ding, then if the DEVs

or the Players want to transfer those Skill points to another char they can do so. But designate only ONE Char giving and ONE character receiving PER ACCOUNT !! This can NEVER be Changee or be altered !! So Choose wisely.

choose-wisley.jpg

It would be nice to get a total of 9 skill points over the Holidays missions. With a "Baby New Year" mission

You could have Kyp, Searing or Blacklung playing the Baby New Year, Dress them in a Diaper or Toga. :)