How is the game doing?

I left for awhile to rethink about the new direction the game has went compared to live. But after playing last night for the first time in awhile the game felt empty. Even the chat was dead. Tried looking up old friends and nothing.

Actually yesterday was quiet interesting, Jamoos hosted a public gate raid, but it didn't last long due to the excessive number of dps's there. Seriously it was 3 groups and I only saw one healer and 2 jds, it was  wholesale mayhem for the fishies. And getting back on topic, at some point yesterday I saw about 250 players online, so your friends are out there somewhere, probably not too chatty.

Stick around they will find you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I will not take that wager. I do not believe that cold weather will be impetus enough to log on to the Earth & Beyond Emulator. There are too many other factors in play that have reduced our numbers from 400+ and spikes of 500+ down to 30-260. On top of that, there are those who are logged on with more than one box, tower, or toons. That halves or thirds the correct number of warm bodies playing.

From the Census department at NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.

I will not take that wager. I do not believe that cold weather will be impetus enough to log on to the Earth & Beyond Emulator. There are too many other factors in play that have reduced our numbers from 400+ and spikes of 500+ down to 30-260. On top of that, there are those who are logged on with more than one box, tower, or toons. That halves or thirds the correct number of warm bodies playing.

From the Census department at NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.

I have to agree, I've been a bit bored lately.  Would love to see the storyline advance some, and some new content to play through.

• 4 weeks later...

Cold weather did bring me back into the game.  That is a valid concept.  I game alot more when its cold out and I took a minute to see where the Emulator was compared to the last time I looked.  It is amazing change from last time.  The current players that have been here awhile probably do not see the improvement.  I know in the last week that my good experience with the servers and communicating with old friends that were on live have come back as well.  So, me and 4 others, does not sound like alot, but I think it should be known that players are coming back.

I also want to say that I have gone thru the game enough before posting to be 150 on at least one character and have have pleasant interactions with the player base.  So, my opinions are not simply based on a being able to play.  It has a good feeling to it, if that makes sense.

I think that most of the server population is what others said above, multiboxes and whatnot, but we are a older community as well, I answer questions daily to my oldest son who games online as well.  I am hoping to get him involved and maybe even bring some of his friends that game as well.  I would think that would be an obvious solution to start the "word of mouth" method to bring new players.  It is a good product and you cant beat the cost of it to play.

I can honestly in the next coming months there are going to be some major changes and content updates.

Especially with the race / classes.

With the implementation of class specialization that will give people alot more to experiment with.

There will be no more single standard enforcers, warriors, explorers, etc..

I know part of the problem is that there was generally only "one way" to play and one build to play with.

I know I am excited that I'll be able to play the terran warrior 3 different ways, each with their own strategy.

This will make a big difference in PVP as well.

It may be too soon for the Jan update but I am hoping for Feb release of all the warrior specs.

See here for more info:

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/9392-role-specializations-weapons-equipment/

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Today after a long time I have returned to see what you guys/gals are doing. Just downloading it again and looking forward to playing. I remember the day the sun went down many years ago. Looking forward to catching up with you all. Any one here from UFO still? Solider, Muther?

I played this live until sundown day back when. Only found out about its rebirth 2 weeks ago. I have seen many old and new nicks and have found great support getting started again. This is my online game of choice again.

Not only to I have a chance to play characters I never did in live (ThantosJD), I can take on the new classes too.

I really don't know what to say. I feel like a lost love that died years has returned. For those that have brought it back, thank you. Epic return in a pay-to-win marketplace now.

But I blather. That is all. Cheers!

The game as far as I can tell is doing pretty good.  Its been slow on the dev side of things, especially content, for a few months.  Some of us (myself especially) have been taking care of a lot of IRL things, and some were taking a break due to burnout.

We have some good things coming down the pipe in the near to mid future though, and I have some plans of my own.  Finding time to work on the game has been a real trick lately, my real life has gotten ridiculous to say the least.

But there are plans, I know its hard to be patient, but keep an eye out.

For me I changed to a larger guild with more members so it seems like there are more online. I have seen the overall numbers pick up since the end of summer and from experience with other games summer is always a slow time in the online mmorpg world. Maybe others havent seen the change but for me just having more friends and people im familiar with has made the game more enjoyable. Now I do have some issues with packet drops (forced to use wireless) but thats another subject for another time. Im still amazed that a group of VOLUNTEERS resurrected an abandoned game and brought it back to life giving me a chance to try things I missed on Live.

• 3 weeks later...