A Set of new weapons idea

Legendlee

As alot are already 150(with multiple characters)  i had an idea of what skill points could be used in for varations in trying to get out of the classic Progens use Projectiles, Jenquai for beams and Terrans for Missile Launchers

Create a new set of weapons Lvl 8 with class restrictions

Lvl 8 - Beams - Jenquai Restricted

Lvl 8 - Projectiles - Progen Restricted

Lvl 8 - Missile Launchers - Terran Restricted

Then make the new lvl 8 weapons the equivalent damage to the normal lvl 9 weapons

Just thought it would make a nice variation to the classic Class/Weapon type we see everyday....

Sounds like a good place idea.  What buffs you put on the weapons will matter though in their use, supporting buffs on other equipment, and having the weapons tailored to the race most likely to use them, if the main race that would use that type of weapon cannot.

So why would I spend the points to max my racial weapons if I could just get L8 in one of the others and have a decent setup with L9 damage equivalent?  I wouldn't own a PL or ML on any of my non-jenquai toons if I could get decent L9 damage beams for them... I'd junk the entire lot for the release from the Ammo headache...

sounds interesting but why should i use l8 Proj on my Terran (even if they can compete with standard Zet ML) when i miss the boosters from lets say Smiters/Bolas/Caster..)?? Only thing i would like to have are L8 Beams that can compete with L9 ML for ammo saving on my TS while mining.

"Then make the new lvl 8 weapons the equivalent damage to the normal lvl 9 weapons"

*facepalm* No. That completely defeats the purpose of level 9 weapons. However, your idea does have merit. Here are my thoughts:

1. The weapons are all unique. You can only have one. They can be PM though. They don't have to be, but they can be.

2. The weapon, through a combination of its own damage and buffs, 'fills in the hole' of an equivilant level 9 weapon. (So, take a 200% Archos off, you lose 161 DPS (more if you count buffs, but in theory you'd have more than one archos, and the buffs don't stack, so no loss there). The launcher would not do 161 DPS, but it would cause, through some magic (turbo, ~weapon~ energy conservation, bonus dmg, etc) the other 2-5 weapon systems to cause 161-~missile's DPS~ DPS than they would normally. In this way, you don't lose anything by equipping the non-9 system, which is what you lose now.

3. 2. Might be easiest acomplished by a new buff 'enhance remaining weapon systems'. :p At least from a programming standpoint, that's a hell of a lot less scary of a nightmare.

I have used PL and MLs on my JD In EA live and on all the Stress test, for a Brief time after doing a Call Forward. 

For the Reason: Pls are Fun and The Range of Projectiles and Missile DO NOT suffer Range Damage Lose like my Beams do.

In EA Live all the Graphic From EVERY PL that came out of my guns showed up on my monitor.

It is cool to see a Hail of bullets coming from my weapons, and seriously It does seem the Damage in our current EMU is

lacking from All my Jenquai equip able PLs that I had in EA Live. And Before you ask I have nothing to back up my

Claim, just memory.

I would say that a Single Unique Jenquai Projectile launcher that has the Very needed PL buffs, is needed..

PL Range, +Force, Enhancements, Improved PL Skill, and PL Energy Conservation. etc etc..Or any combination of.

Add +Reactor Optimization or what ever Class buff you choose to add to it.

I said it before When my Group Terrans and Progens gets out of the Range of the Jenquai's Beams they inflict NO DAMAGE.

Stay in group formation receive group Buffs and Heals and Inflict Damage at a Longer range AND Stay out of the NPC's

Debuff range!

All it would take would be Projectile Line that can be ungraded or built from L1 to L8 with a New positive and/or Negative buff

with every upgrade.
Masaaki's Vengeance---->Masaaki's Retribution--->Masaaki's Revenge you get the idea....

OH a little off topic, 1 Skill point after L50 ? Seriously? Can we change that?

I think the biggest problem with a "level 8.5" weapons is keeping it from overpowering the other choices at level 8. Particularly since the race which is supposed to be the best with the weapon doesn't have access to it. Then again, there is a lot of damage range in a given level, Lvl 9 PLs run from 150-170 DPS, while at Lvl 8 its 80-120. A very rare Lvl 8 weapon that does 120-130 DPS wouldn't be too imbalancing, especially since Terrans and Jenquai wouldn't be able to make use of it until late in their level 8 range anyway. (And by then the Progen would have access to the equivalent beams or missiles)

Alternatively, the weapon could have some kind of restriction, like you have to be a certain level or have a level 9 weapon slotted to use it. Making the weapon unique would work, too. You could probably run the damage up to 140-150.

As for ingame backstory, it might say that the other two races teamed up to come up with something that can match the "best". Nishido and Tada-O, for instance, team up to create a projectile launcher which is a combination of the Shuriken and Zet. (there could be two variants with the original secondary effects, or replace them with a suggestion above) Since these two manufacturers don't have PLs at level 9 (as no one of their race can use them) this is their version of a Lvl 9 PL.

The least likely alliance here would be between Progen and Jenquai for the MLs, but since it's companies trying to outdo each other, it could happen. Or maybe Nishido steals some Sparta technology, and the Progens then steal it back and reverse engineer it. :)

IIRC, this was a suggestion made on live, too.

Edited by Dragoncove

It is cool to see a Hail of bullets coming from my weapons, and seriously It does seem the Damage in our current EMU is

lacking from All my Jenquai equip able PLs that I had in EA Live. And Before you ask I have nothing to back up my

Claim, just memory.

Technically, you are wrong. In reality, you aren't. The mobs have much better defenses (raw shield HP and resists) than they did in live. That is why it seems like your weapons are weaker. Why are mobs stronger? Because the dev team, around 2009/2010, when lots of content was being added, decided that all mobs should be scaled to deal with an equal level player with all 200% gear. So if you have anything that isn't 200%, the fights become much harder. No, I don't have some official dev post or knowledge to back up my claim, beyond the fact that I was sorta there, coding skills like Combat Trance, back around that time, and I sorta knew the formula for how shield HP was computed. They *have* changed it since then, and toned it down from what it was. It *is* more balanced than it used to be, but, in the end, you are correct. Weapons are effectively less powerful than they used to be. But not because of the weapon stats themselves.

That said, combat is far from un-winnable. Just two-box with a healer and combat becomes *so* much easier.

I still fail to see the logic of using non-race weapons on toons, if your JD is having trouble being out of range, summon the mob..

If you are 6 boxing and your complaint is you can't use all of the toons effectively, it isn't the weapons at fault, nor is it the class of the toon.. It is the methods you are using...

I have found that 2 toon, JD and JS paired are a seriously durable and powerful combination. It may take me a little longer to kill something, but with patience and cunning JD/JS can kill anything they want, all day, every day... Why would I complicate matters by putting in a Terran or Progen into that formula?

Beams work for the strategy of Jenquai combat, any other weapon type hinders their abilities and does not use their full potential.. Why would anyone deliberately cripple their JD by putting Projectiles into battery?  Even if the Projectiles were Level 9 on the JD, the JD would be weaker than with beams.. Same goes for missiles..

It's not the buffs, it's not the DPS of the weapons.. It isn't even the number of weapons mounted that are a factor in this... It is the mechanics of cloaking/firing/charging and positioning that make beams and their 3-7 second rate of fire + cloak engage/disengage and damage bonuses to beams.  A Jenquai with Projectile weapons is a Progen with a bad shields. 

The logic of mixing or using lesser weapons for a race completely escapes me..

OH a little off topic, 1 Skill point after L50 ? Seriously? Can we change that?

I don't think that will happen, if they raise it to 2 it cuts in half the amount of overdings you need between L150 & maxed everything.  Instead I think we'll have to level them up in the original way, and look for the occasional mission like the Christmas mission that awarded 3 skill points as a gift. 

At some time in the future, it wouldn't surprise me, if some missions were (rarely) added that upon completion gave you enough XP in one type to get you to the next ding or overding.  In the late part of EnB Origins there were some missions that did this.

I agree that in some situations for Jenquai and sometimes for the other 2 explorers, non-race weapons may be beneficial.   For a JE, JW, or JT in a formation with either Terrans or Progen they are at least situationally of some use.   This is the case where you're not the formation leader, and the leader doesn't want to get within 50% of beam range, where you can do maximum damage (leader wants to use kiting as a strategy).  Some of the Scout's skills such as Null Factor & Afterburn require you to be in formation to receive benefits from it (if you're not the Scout).  I noticed something about formation bonuses as well, though I'm not sure exactly what bonuses apply. 

2. The weapon, through a combination of its own damage and buffs, 'fills in the hole' of an equivilant level 9 weapon. (So, take a 200% Archos off, you lose 161 DPS (more if you count buffs, but in theory you'd have more than one archos, and the buffs don't stack, so no loss there). The launcher would not do 161 DPS, but it would cause, through some magic (turbo, ~weapon~ energy conservation, bonus dmg, etc) the other 2-5 weapon systems to cause 161-~missile's DPS~ DPS than they would normally. In this way, you don't lose anything by equipping the non-9 system, which is what you lose now.

If I were to design this, I would use two different weapons.

I would have one with activated turbo 11% for 30 s (I believe the 11% has not yet been used, so it should stack with all existing activated turbo buffs), normal DPS for a weapon of its level and good buffs for the other weapon types.

The other weapon would have nice buffs for its type and 30% more DPS than other weapons similar weapons.

This would enable you to switch just one weapon for a few good buffs for your primary weapons and not much loss in DPS (11% dps increase is about what a TW/JD needs to make up for the lost dps in downgrading one weapon.)

If you want to switch weapon types for tactical reasons, the second weapon type would let you do that and only loose about 25% damage, compared to 50%+ using currently available weapons.

I think you should have to give up something for not using primary weapons, but a 50%+ cut in dps as it is now may be a bit much.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

If we could get a couple of beams with a low damage high rate of fire with the graphics to match the

Sounds. You can have your PLs.

Pls are a awesome sight with the hail of Projectiles coming out.

If there were beams that had the same visual effect with their unique sound. Awesome !

Here's some suggestions :)