PvP, All the topic threads

Phorlaug

I've never weighed in on this topic because by the time I noticed it, usually the thread was so long and the debate so convoluted that I really had nothing to contribute. I really have nothing against PvP as long as it is not Open PvP, and most suggestions have been Elective (as the topic starter says) and I have no problem with that. I will likely avoid PvP, but that's me. 

I think it's important to understand the history, though. There are quite a few people who are new to E&B who don't know about the "Arena" on live, and there are probably just as many who were in live, but either never experienced the Arena, or may remember it colored by the passage of time. IMHO, the majority of E&B players never actually played the "Arena" the way the devs intended it. There most certainly are individual exceptions, but most people, I think, think the "Arena" was an arena, and PvP took place in it. 

To my recollection, and in my understanding of it, the E&B Arena was actually a sort of "PvPvE". The problem is that the classes in E&B aren't balanced for combat, and they CAN'T be balanced for combat. Combat was only part of the game, and you have trade and mining, too. Just taking mining as the issue, only three of the nine classes (2 of 3 on live) are capable of mining, so if they got Combat XP at the same rate as a Progen Warrior and could mine on top of that, they'd quickly outlevel the others. So when it comes to one on one, PvP combat, there's a heirarchy, with the warriors on top, the Progen as a whole performing a little better, and then finally the other traders and explorers. 

The devs of E&B developed an Arena that they hoped would engage all three classes. In short, there were "orbs" that needed to be carried to a goal. Miners could mine these orbs from "Caches" that floated around the arena, or they could be gathered from generators that spit them out at a constant rate. Obviously, traders with their bigger holds could be elected to carry the orbs to the goal, while the warriors would keep the other side from scoring. 

Now, maybe this implementation was just too abstract. If the miners had been assigned to mine resources to build a base or reinforce it, then maybe that would have been seen as more "fun". Or maybe the classes could have been redesigned in PvP to have a more balanced loadout. The point is, the devs never bothered to balance PvP because it was supposed to be balanced the way they implemented it. They just never expected the players to ignore their rules and just PvP according to their own rules. 

Honestly, I'm looking at the gate to 61 Cygni in Altair. and thinking there has to be some ideas about PvP floating around that. But think the lesson going forward is that if we are going to implement PvP, it's going to have to take those limitations into account. It can't be as easy as just setting a flag or opening up a zone and telling everybody, "go at it". There's going to have to be some serious thought and testing put into it, unless we want to end up with another underutilized Arena.

well,..some might argue that when equipped properly and the right buffs in place things might be kinda balanced,...that said,.why not alter a sector that which upon entering stats are also altered to the point the playing field is level and the only advantages are the buffs  from equipment?just an off the top-o-my head thot

Thanks for chiming in famine and Dragoncove.

Please please don't assume that a PvP groups will be just Jenquai or just Progens

or Only Terrans.

Mixed race groups are the norm now and will be in PvP.

There is no limitations of defending or fighting any particular Factioned base in PvP.

The uniqueness of combat with each of the Races will be one of the reason why you would attack

that base.

I would want to mix it up a bit for the variety of combat and drops like we have now.

To think that the PvP will be perfect right out of the box would be foolish.

I would like to see for starters what the damage and debuff effects are right now against myself or another player.

Sure the Damage effects are probably higher to a player than an NPC BUT are they equally damaging?

The effect on a players Reactor while in PvP will / should benefit us in making reactor combat against an NPC

more apparent and utilized.

When we know what it does to a player we can transfer the information to the NPCs AI and vulnerabilities.

Yea right Phorlaug patronization ?

I have a counter proposal, you've been trying to get us to pay attention to PvP, take this and design your best idea for a system from all of these elements.Most of this could be accomplished but it will definitely be later on as we complete some other content first..

The most minimal system I could design and not have a favored trade path route and keep it ingaging and challenging.

I could only do that with 5 sectors.

Tlaloc is a sector a Player wanted to have use of for PvE it could also serve as a purpose for PvP.

To remove PvP tag enter Station M42 Or exit Betelgeuse to Normal PvE sectors, chat restrictions will still be inplace until. /pvpoff.

[attachment=2809:5 System Pvp2.JPG][attachment=2812:betelgeuse.JPG][attachment=2814:Orion Nebula2.JPG][attachment=2816:Alnitak.JPG][attachment=2819:Alnilam.JPG][attachment=2817:Mintaka.JPG]

Above is the smallest PvP invironment and has been changed accordenly from their original state, and can be easily upgraded to include

additional sectors Out Of Orions Nebula. (See: Sector Gate Under Construction).

The Best System has already be designed in another post. Large PvP System. <-----

This play design Gain/Risk. <-----Would work for both.

I'm having a bit of Déjà vu with a comment made on another topic, I have seen that comment before.
I didn't want to hijack the Advocates minutes post, so I bought my reply here in the PvP topic.

Please if I sound like I'm mad LOL I'm not, I couldn't be more calm and collected.

Where would the PvE content end? And when would PvP content start ? (Rhetorical Question)

By the same instant some say they would leave, we would also get back a few others and gain

a couple more.

A Pvp is patient, a Pvp has never said I'm going to leave if we don't get PvP. We have been discussing

PvP for years now. Am I or other expressing our anger. No. Only when they have been flamed and

in defence.

Everything I have posted has been basically fantasy and will be until the day comes when we have PvP.

I'm not angry I'm not hurt and honestly I won't be if we don't have PvP. I will still play I will still have fun.

Its a game for Pete's sake !

I'm really at a loss for knowing why some PvP is bad for anyone person(s) when they have the controls

and power to Mute, ignore and choose not to participate in PvP or player and still deny anyone else the pleasure

and fun of PvP.

We are designing With Positive input from everyone, a PvP that is and can be a truly unique and rare

fun experience.
Don't deny the DEVs and the community the chance to make something others (Players and Game manufactures)

would truly enjoy playing or modeling their new Game after.

Phorlaug, speaking Calmly with No malcontent, "Open your eyes Anything is possible if you believe and Help make it happen".

I may be mistaken, but I think those who would leave over PvP, would be convinced to stay, by being able to opt-out, without suffering in game penalties.

If there's equipment that drops off mobs where PvP is allowed, that can be used in PvE areas, it's bound to cause resentment between PvP & PvE Only players.  The best possible solution to that, IMO, is to have places in PvE where it also drops, even if the drop frequency in the PvE area is lower.

Personally I think competitive PvE might work better than PvP. 

The best possible thing right now is to ask the Devs to complete and deploy all of the "pending" content they already have in progress before asking them to develop a PvP system that the original Westwood designers never even left a frame work for. 

. In my "IN YOUR FACE" style.  This IS what I have been saying forever.  

How about we finish the Agrippa back door (for one thing)?- This was never even thought of in EA live.  This should be the poster child for adding content without thinking it through to it's end. 

Just saying

• Upvote 1

Good point about the back door to Agrippa, especially if it requires you to go to der Todesengel to do.  If we're going along with the original story progression, Ardus opens before DT.

• Upvote 1

I posted (then deleted this in the Advocate forum... but here goes as it is a response to the discussion going on there :)

First I think it may be more than just letting one player pew pew pew another. There has to be some balance or it will turn into a gank fest.  Are lower levels to be left out from the mayhem? If so at what level are lower levels open season to be cannon fodder?  Is the PW to be ruled by the JD? Will there be some way to see the cloaked ships? if not this could be the king player in a PvP situation...  they sneak up behind a player blast the poo out of them, re-cloak and run away.  Sorry guys that just does not float my boat.  

How about a device that will make all things equal for any player?  The PvP players could hone their fighting skill not just rely on their superior weapons or skills.  This would be a down and dirty fix but again not much fun for those that just want to blast the crap out of someone. 

What could work is PvP by race/class/level. A warrior class could blast away at another flagged warrior class but not at a flagged miner class. A level 150 could PvP a level 140 but not a level 120 or lower.

OR

It could be open PvP and we could watch players leave the game in droves because they can't play without getting blasted out of the game every time they gate or log in.

On the subject of why PvP if there is no risk or gain... If we have PvP we need to make the gains equal to the risks.  In POTBS you lost a PvP battle you lost your ship and all contents. In a port battle you knew not to carry anything except ammo.  But that would be different here ...several reasons come to mind...lag being the primary one, so most would be player v player not groups v groups.   So if you want to PvP you don't lose you lose your ship, but you do loose all contents, weapons and devices you had been using.  Spoils of war. 

If this is the way the devs go with PvP I am sure that most will not want to risk using their best weapons/devices ammo if they could loose it in a skirmish. So PvP only ships will be created (another equalizer). 

I have more... but whatever is done won't be easy.  To do it correctly the dreaded (what rhymes with pipe?) should be done prior to instituting PvP in this PvE game.

OR

We could just go with the Arenas and be done with it.  

ready for my negative dings ............... 

• Upvote 2

If this is just a "what if" discussion then all good but if the DEV's are actually using the time they put into this game for this idea I must say what a waste. I am truly not here to rip the dev's in anyway but we have waited so long on game content to see them working on something only a handful of people want would be very disappointing.

Put up a vote and see if the people would rather have more end game content or PVP. or New sectors vs PVP, V'rix vs PVP, or even finish the storyline vs PVP. I doubt PVP will get many votes against any of the list.

Kyp promised no more wipes so that subject should not even be mentioned. Pretty sure that would be a EMU killer if that happened to give a small minority PVP. Please put any work on PVP on the back burner until other things are done. I do like some of the ideas of this discussion.

• Upvote 4

If this is just a "what if" discussion then all good but if the DEV's are actually using the time they put into this game for this idea I must say what a waste. I am truly not here to rip the dev's in anyway but we have waited so long on game content to see them working on something only a handful of people want would be very disappointing.

Put up a vote and see if the people would rather have more end game content or PVP. or New sectors vs PVP, V'rix vs PVP, or even finish the storyline vs PVP. I doubt PVP will get many votes against any of the list.

Kyp promised no more wipes so that subject should not even be mentioned. Pretty sure that would be a EMU killer if that happened to give a small minority PVP. Please put any work on PVP on the back burner until other things are done. I do like some of the ideas of this discussion.

I concur completely. There are only a very few players that actually want PvP, and suggesting another wipe would not only be an EMU killer, it would mean that Kyp would be going against his promise not to do another. It would be a better use of everyone's time to squash bugs, build in more features that aren't in game, and work on some much needed content. There are a crap load of things that need attention long before PvP should even be considered for development. 

The storyline also needs a fast forward IMO. This is dragging out to the point that many people have moving on to other games, because of the lack of anything new to do.

• Upvote 2

Mimir,

Absolutely Fix "A-Gripe-a" (Agrippa).

We don't want anything in game NOW uncompleted or not working properly as intended.

On the topic of Agrippa is there ANYTHING in the items Buffs that would help in PvP ?

Although IIRC, there was talk of scrapping Agrippa a while back, but it looks like they are

making a second push to make it work. I could be wrong mistaken.

Terrel,

Every single item that could drop in PvP, currently drops in our Current PvE.

The PvP items will be NO Different than whats in game now, EXCEPT for the fact that they

will be harder to aquire and to Keep.

Daath,

Kyp, has already said that: "Later on as we complete some other content first"
No one PvP or other expected anything less and has been said that over and over again by the DEVs.

Current Content first.

Way back on another topic a DEV said that the Original EA/Westwood content may never get done or

be many years before it is anything like EA Live.

Mimir,

Post #19 in this topic explaines Risk, Loss, Drops and XP and implementations and Fixes of items

Like See Cloak and Improve Cloak.

Post #27 Explaines mix race groups, why would anyone want to take Just PW or just Jenquai INTO combat ?

You want to see a JD that's cloaked being a Jenquai with Max Scan or install an item (See Cloak) then

I'll sacrifice an item For an "Improved Cloak". Game of chess, what will I need, who will I need?

Post #27 also says that PvP Will NOT be perfect right out of the Box, to assume otherwise would be foolish.

Canman,

If you had the possibility of your L140-L150 toon(s) going into the PvP Zone with the Chance of not actually doing

PvP and getting 30,000+ xp you wouldn't do it ? Not even for the excitement? 

I won't lie There is still a chance you could be Tagged PvP for attacking a Player, buffing a player or Debuffing an

NPC.

ANYONE Miner can mine any class can run Trade with the possibility of not Being Tagged PvP.

There have also been concerns on chat that have been addressed, but /ignore is still the best option.

A Vote On PvP would be Null and Void.

LMAO, We have people voting up there OWN post 3-5 times on the forums, what's to stop anyone from logging in

another account and making multiple votes on PvP?

The average person including their guild has 4 accounts on the forums.

I am doing My very best by taking ALL the positive Suggestions from EVERY post that has ever been made on

the subject, its been a daunting task.

If you go back you would see that my suggestions have changed from post to post, because I am taking into

account their ideas so that EVERYONE is happy. I'm doing my best so that there is balance between race, classes

and PvE to PvP. I can only accomplish that with your help. 

Don't think that the PvP that we are trying to make is ONLY Just shooting another player.

We want to make this PvPvE much more than that.

Do NOT use another game as an example for Our PvP.

• Downvote 2

Post #27 Explaines mix race groups, why would anyone want to take Just PW or just Jenquai INTO combat ?

You want to see a JD that's cloaked being a Jenquai with Max Scan or install an item (See Cloak) then

I'll sacrifice an item For an "Improved Cloak". Game of chess, what will I need, who will I need?

Post #27 also says that PvP Will NOT be perfect right out of the Box, to assume otherwise would be foolish.

So multi boxing is what you are suggesting? I only play one character at a time, I don't really have much time to group so...what I read was that the PvP will only be for groups? Solo players need not apply?

A Vote On PvP would be Null and Void.

LMAO, We have people voting up there OWN post 3-5 times on the forums, what's to stop anyone from logging in

another account and making multiple votes on PvP?

The average person including their guild has 4 accounts on the forums.

If the moderators can assure that the Advocate vote is on the level why not the PvP vote?

Do NOT use another game as an example for Our PvP.

But... If we don't use our experiences with PvP to state why, or why we don't want PvP for EnB... How will we know if we do or do not want it???

Ummm couple of points...  In blue see above...

----------------------------- Edit below -------------------------

Also with the character changes/additions proposed in another thread I am a bit confused how that will be done? Do we come in one day with our skill set reset to 0? And additional skills added to our characters?  Do we return to our starting areas to do missions to enable them? What if one of the skills we were very fond of suddenly get's hit with the nurf bat (to make me more or less capable)?

I don't want a wipe but if I come in and find that the classes I have spent so much time and effort on were suddenly changes to allow a minority of players the ability to blast each other...well I won't be very happy...

Just saying 

Phorlaug

I see more post here against PVP then I see for it but you just keep pushing the issue. Sorry but I know that most of the people that still play each day hope to log on and see a CONTENT patch not a patch for PVP. To answer your question honestly I probably would not enter the PVP sector ever. Just never been a person that likes that kind of stuff. Besides 30k xp for a 150 means what? Nothing! You can get that much xp in 15 minutes hunting/farming. Listening to a 12 year old with zits or a 50 year old in his stained underwear proclaiming how much of a PVP god he/she is would break anyone's sanity. Please dont start cause I already heard the ideas on how to stop the "I am  god" chanting and lets be honest with ourselves here. We all know it will happen everyday in EVERY channel. Even if the dev's put harsh punishments on doing it there will be some that will think the rules do not apply to them and do it anyways.

Market: PlayerA, HAHAHA I just beat PlayerB's TE with my JD. What a loser and now he is crying about it. LOL LOL, I AM A PVP GOD!!! Bow to me you worthless human peons. Come lick my feet and maybe I will let you into the sector!!!

Market: PlayerA,  oops mt. sorry

Regardless whether its a real MT or intentional the damage is done and this person got his self inflamed ego stroked at everyone's expense that has market on. This will drive more people away from a small player base then its worth right now.

Again I ASK please keep discussing the issue but do not impose on the dev's time for it right now. You are just setting up for another disappointment like the the idea for auctioned raid loot. I am not saying PVP should never be in this EMU all I am saying is that it should only be discussed until later after more content, raids, mobs and sectors are in game. Then the server population will be much better (I hope) and more that will enjoy your ideas.

Not sure why you was so amused by my idea for a vote. The only reason I can think of is you know if there was a vote on PVP of any kind it would be defeated and you took what I proposed personally in which case realize it was not my intention. As for cheating on voting polls the dev's can check for those kinds of things unless you know something we dont and if so do tell.

I just think the majority should come first instead of the minority.

I had a thought this morning... Even though it was said to NOT bring any ideas from previously played PvP oriented games...This idea might help all. 

What if: We go ahead and finish the work on the arenas they were in the original game.  .  These could edited to be as large (or small) instanced content as the devs wanted to make them.  Make them dynamic, two players enter it starts out small, as more players enter the instanced area (arena) grows to make it more interesting.  

Arenas could be used to see how many players really do want PvP and to test ideas for additional content, and make the majority of players happy. Additionally it could be used as a testing area to see what ideas work and what don't.

Just saying

------Edit Yet another thought ---------------

There was some question if people could cheat the system on a vote and stuff the poll questionnaire on PvP Yes or No.  How about we open an Arena (nothing in it other than used as a counter) If players enter it would count as a yes vote. Again there would have to be some IP check but that can and is being done with the banning of nasty players.  The "Test Arena" could be open for a month or so to allow those that don't check the forums to cast their vote.  

Enter the arena yes I want PvP...Do nothing counts as a Meh...no interest.  

I had a thought this morning... Even though it was said to NOT bring any ideas from previously played PvP oriented games...This idea might help all. 

What if: We go ahead and finish the work on the arenas they were in the original game.  .  These could edited to be as large (or small) instanced content as the devs wanted to make them.  Make them dynamic, two players enter it starts out small, as more players enter the instanced area (arena) grows to make it more interesting.  

Arenas could be used to see how many players really do want PvP and to test ideas for additional content, and make the majority of players happy. Additionally it could be used as a testing area to see what ideas work and what don't.

Just saying

------Edit Yet another thought ---------------

There was some question if people could cheat the system on a vote and stuff the poll questionnaire on PvP Yes or No.  How about we open an Arena (nothing in it other than used as a counter) If players enter it would count as a yes vote. Again there would have to be some IP check but that can and is being done with the banning of nasty players.  The "Test Arena" could be open for a month or so to allow those that don't check the forums to cast their vote.  

Enter the arena yes I want PvP...Do nothing counts as a Meh...no interest.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All vote are checked for the same IP by the emu staff.  So cheater's beware.

I said this before and I will keep saying this . NO PVP until the Dev's are ready to put it in-game .  Please let the Dev team work on the MAJOR area's that need to be fixed or tested so it can be added to the game.

You all have good idea's and great thought's on this subject .  On a side note how many of you folk that want PVP was here in ST0 ? Do you remember what it was like ?? How about ST1 , ST2 and so fourth.

The Dev Team has come a long ways since those days , And they still have a even longer road to travel until they get us to the point of where EA screwed us over .

Please remember they are human too . They do this out of a passion for a Game  , yes a game that they enjoyed to play .  Since they are Human they need time for there wife's and children, they need to work to support the family ,  They also have a real life that comes first .

So keep posting your " i want it now " comments . It's not going to happen until it happens. 

I make this post with no disrespect to any one here .

I did not suggest multiboxing in PvP in any way.

----------

I stated do not use what is wrong with a another games PvP as an example

of How Ours would be made or implemented.

----------

I am not pushing an Issue, I only know how exciting A well made PvP could be made

with the positive input from all the players.

The rest of the PvP Proponents have long since given up the idea that there would be

a Non-Arena type PvP

----------

One thing I can not do is change Human nature.

----------

I know the outcome of a vote On PvP, I can clearly see that there is more than 75% of

the community that does not want a playable PvP of any kind.

----------

I also see that no matter how I word the suggestions or ideas or how the concerns are

addressed, I can not be convincing enough for PvP.

----------

I never nor has any PvP wanted or expected PvP next week, next month or next year.

I know that it could be 1-2 years down the road I know that and understand !

Always have.

I always wanted, needed and looked for your help to make an enjoyable PvP for all.

That has been the only thing I have been trying to do and it has been my motivation.

When the time came for the DEVs to implement some kind of PvP, the frame work

would have been already laid.

For Now, I end my attempt at trying to show or to convince those that PvP could coexist

with PvE. Nor will I be convinced that there couldn't be a place for PvP in Earth and Beyond

in the years to come.

Much Love

Phor

• Upvote 1

Other posters have a point that PvE content should be the devs' first priority.  The devs did mention that the 3 classes are the current priority, (see player advocate thread) and we could expect the maelstroms to follow Seeker, Scout, and Privateer content by 1-2 months.  Shadow mentioned that the devs project 2-3 months for the JT, Scout, and PT, in his thread "The Advocate's Office - Minutes of the Meeting 12/29/13" 

I did not suggest multiboxing in PvP in any way.

----------

I stated do not use what is wrong with a another games PvP as an example

of How Ours would be made or implemented.

----------

I am not pushing an Issue, I only know how exciting A well made PvP could be made

with the positive input from all the players.

The rest of the PvP Proponents have long since given up the idea that there would be

a Non-Arena type PvP

----------

One thing I can not do is change Human nature.

----------

I know the outcome of a vote On PvP, I can clearly see that there is more than 75% of

the community that does not want a playable PvP of any kind.

----------

I also see that no matter how I word the suggestions or ideas or how the concerns are

addressed, I can not be convincing enough for PvP.

----------

I never nor has any PvP wanted or expected PvP next week, next month or next year.

I know that it could be 1-2 years down the road I know that and understand !

Always have.

I always wanted, needed and looked for your help to make an enjoyable PvP for all.

That has been the only thing I have been trying to do and it has been my motivation.

When the time came for the DEVs to implement some kind of PvP, the frame work

would have been already laid.

For Now, I end my attempt at trying to show or to convince those that PvP could coexist

with PvE. Nor will I be convinced that there couldn't be a place for PvP in Earth and Beyond

in the years to come.

Much Love

Phor

Well what is your point then? you ask for comments...you get them... some negative (read most by your 75% comment) and now you get all boo boo kitty and throw in the towel? I thought I was being supportive, (Personally I don't want PvP but understand that what I want really does not make much difference.  If there has to be PvP in game (you have quite a few devs that seem to agree with you) then it NEEDS to not mess with the core game. It could take the best of existing PvP out there and leave the worst behind.  But if you want a PvP that is truly never before done and all the experiences will be good and anyone who looses a battle will embrace it with joy and happiness....Well me thinks you are kidding yourself.  It sucks to loose, it sucks more to loose and have some DH crow about it for hours on end.

Be careful what you ask for as you just might get it....

just saying.

• Upvote 1

At this stage in the game I am relishing in the idea of PvP, as it was in live. I think it would breathe new life into the game and would allow us hardcore players to get moist all over again. Being able to lock horns with my fellow guild mates and healthy competitors would be fantastic. But of course it should always be optional, just as it was before. Of course I would prefer the unimplemented pre-existing content first however.

• Upvote 2

On the content front, I think it's likely that the devs will have more content than the original, beyond the new things we've seen so far.  The mere playability of the new classes, their star systems, Paramis, the new sectors in Sol, and equipment that wasn't in the original as examples of new things.

Hello I'm new and PvP would keep me here!  I do like the game but it would get stale fast without the politics of guild/faction wars or conflicts.  IMO it would be nice to have the starting locations non-pvp like Sol but as you move away from those areas were the loot is better have them full PvP.  I don't even care if its full loot PvP because in my mind that makes the game worth playing and have more meaning.

Can't they just make a PvP server and see how things go?  I know a few friends that would jump at the chance for some PvP...

• Upvote 1

Hello I'm new and PvP would keep me here!  I do like the game but it would get stale fast without the politics of guild/faction wars or conflicts.  IMO it would be nice to have the starting locations non-pvp like Sol but as you move away from those areas were the loot is better have them full PvP.  I don't even care if its full loot PvP because in my mind that makes the game worth playing and have more meaning.

Can't they just make a PvP server and see how things go?  I know a few friends that would jump at the chance for some PvP...

I only voted it up for the idea of pvp on a different server because sure dont want open pvp here would be a gang fest an drive many more players away than it would draw in

I wasn't ready to jump back into this conversation right now but for this...

For your first post you sure picked the the most sensitive topic.

I / we have no idea what your all about, I have a thing of going back and reading the

members previous post on other topic so I can better respond to their needs, suggestion

or issues.

The PvP you suggest would be out of the question, I nor do any of the rest of this long

time community plan to turn this into a turkey shoot, it would ruin this game.

Forget about Full PvP and any PvP you have previously played, we are trying to

create something truely unique. I do not want Full PvP.

Careful planning and concideration of Non-Pvp players is very important.

For the creation of a seperate PvP server, while it would be the best solution it would also

be the most expensive. There are not enough PvP players to donate the funds to make the

server economical.

After a while the Hard core PvP players such as yourself would find the PvP we are trying to create

some what lame Neutered and you would get board very quickly and scream for content that the DEVs and

community can not justify.

Also for what you are suggesting I foresee the need for a seperate PvP Forum which is also not within

the resources (DEVs, Web, and finances) we currently have.

As much as I believe there is a place for PvP within the EMU, just not what you are suggesting.

This conversation has been going on for years and I have been a part of it for the entire time.

• Upvote 2