forced to crash out and relog after about 20 mins

I have been having the same problem, for about the past two weeks.  I have IPv6 turned off, all 4 boxes checked, landing+gating+docking camera on.  I don't have the values

"

IPv4 checksum offload
TCP checksum offload IPv4
UDP checksum offload IPv4
"
on my network adapter properties.

I am having an additional symptom besides the gate hangs, in that I can't do anything in a station.  If I'm in a station for longer than a couple of minutes, the terminals won't respond, the vendors won't respond, and the game will hang when I try to undock.
Would appreciate if anyone could offer any other suggestions.

after about 15 - 20 mins or so, im forced to crash the game and relog in after it hangs while trying to change zones.

very frustrating. 

all 4 boxes are checked. any ideas?

This happens to me everyday starting at around 7pm PST. Around this time the game becomes unplayable, I have to kill the game at every docking or gate jump and reload. From 10am - 7pm I have no issues.

I have been having the same problem, for about the past two weeks.  I have IPv6 turned off, all 4 boxes checked, landing+gating+docking camera on.  I don't have the values

"

IPv4 checksum offload
TCP checksum offload IPv4
UDP checksum offload IPv4
"

Sounds like you are not using a native NIC driver but the windows generic driver?

Most likely you lose the connection when changing sectors (UDP Port switch is going haywire).

Question:

When you log in for the first time, zoning/gating is ok?

The problem occurs after ~20 minutes for the first time?

Are you on WiFi or cable?

I am on Wifi.

When I logged in tonight I was in grissom.  I went straight to Carp, and killed claimjumpers for an hour with no problems.  Then I went to Somerled to pick up spices, got spices, and made it to prasad.  I lost connection while docked at Prasad.

It seems to drop whenever I'm going between several sectors in a short time.  I can stay in one sector for as long as I want with no problems.  Last weekend I had a similar experience with a different character.

Most likely you lose the connection when changing sectors (UDP Port switch is going haywire).

Question:

When you log in for the first time, zoning/gating is ok?

The problem occurs after ~20 minutes for the first time?

Are you on WiFi or cable?

im cabled to router.

when I log in, zoning is fine. infact, zoning is fine if im just flying through a sector, or not spending much time in there. but if I decide to spend an extended amount of time in a sector, either combat, missions or exploring, or building ammo in a station, I have to force a client crash.

I don't have the gating docking camera turned off though... i'll try that. which, if resolves the issue, would be totally random.

Edited by Gizardpuke

Gizard,

This sounds clearly like a router configuration problem.
Its most obviously that the ¨NAT triggered port¨ (TTL = Time to live) is timing out, therefore the packets coming from the game server on a new port (gating) are not routed to your computer anymore since the router simply doesnt know anymore where to route these packets.

Gizard,

Its most obviously that the ¨NAT triggered port¨ (TTL = Time to live) is timing out, therefore the packets coming from the game server on a new port (gating) are not routed to your computer anymore since the router simply doesnt know anymore where to route these packets.

whats the port range I should be enabling?

Me too and that posted fix doesn't work either. I hope they come up with something better.  I guess i'll play something else till they fix this. 

We are operating the server which you can play on. We have nothing to do with your personal network-/computer configuration.

We might try and help from time to time - or not.

You are wrong thinking we have to "come up with a fix" - there are a few hundred players not experiencing these problems you are describing, so it's is clearly an individual problem and you might indeed need to play something else.

Gizard,

I cannot change the setting within the router you mentioned earlier. itsd only configurable via a wizard, and that's not one of the settings.

but I can set up some ports which will hopefully work. it seems to have a "game configuration" area. do you have a range of ports I can enter into the router?

if this doesn't work, i'll call my teleco and ask if I can set this value, and if that fails, my only 2 options are 1) stick with the current situation, and 2) buy a new VDSL router where I can set this value.

I have absolutely NO idea how valid this information still is, Gizard, but from minimal effort, I did locate this old information, you can try it, I suppose *shrugs*

Not sure if this will help, but originally, E&B also used the following ports:
Port 21 - Patcher
Port 80 - Client
Port 443 - Account Login
Port 3805 - Worldserver Login
Ports 3000-4000 - Gameplay

However, with your "lock ports" option ticked, I would imagine these ports above are not used anyway.

It goes on to some other information, but none of that information is valid any longer so far as I can tell, and NONE of it was router related.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I logged in, made it two sectors, and crashed first thing tonight.  But hopefully what I have tried tonight will help someone else out.

On a whim I remembered I have the MVP hosts file, and decided to remove it!

I have been doing trade runs now for the last couple of hours.  I haven't gotten stuck in a station or stuck gating once.  Normally I would have gotten stuck about 6 times in two hours. 

So if any of you are using the MVP hosts file, try running ENB without it!

Will try to post again on Saturday or Sunday after some more play time.

Edited by Luteif

• 1 month later...

looks like my problem has been solved.

i replaced my VDSL Modem / Router and everything seems to be working as it should be.

just spent the last 2 - 3 hours in cooper and was able to WH out without any problems. where as prior it would effectively disconnect.

also, looking at the connection stats for my old modem it said that there were over 21k outgoing transmission errors. which is never a good sign.

i have a Zyxel VDSL modem now and it seems to have become very stable. long may it continue.

Where do I find the "IV6P" thingy, or what ever it is?  I don't have any way to work with my router, as it is supposed to be for wireless use, while I am configured in to using it for DSL.  Right now, I have a toon locked into the AG Sector, with no way out.  Game locks up once the connection is made, between me and the server.  With another toon, and a different account, the game crashes as I try to enter AG Sector.  Did I miss something about this sector that I should have known about?  :panic: