Paramis Nebula "Effect"

Overtkill

Paramis Nebula Effect  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be turned off by popular demand?

• No, it adds to the game's mystery and flavor
    • Yes, I want more FPS please.

A command to disable this wouldn't work, as it requires an .ini change, not server code.

Added command /hidedebris to turn on/off sector effects like "fog" etc - Live with next publish.

Note: You need to use this switch BEFORE you gate into a sector (or leave and re-enter sector after using switch).

Added command /hidedebris to turn on/off sector effects like "fog" etc - Live with next publish.

Note: You need to use this switch BEFORE you gate into a sector (or leave and re-enter sector after using switch).

you are awesome Zack...

Excellent news Zack!! I thank you for your efforts in creating this fix!! :)

-Overt.

Edit: Whoops, wife must have been perusing the forums on my puter. lol

At least you have a wife that's interested. Mine couldn't care less.  :P

At least you have a wife that's interested. Mine couldn't care less.  :P

Yes indeed, I'm a lucky guy to have a wife who is also a gamer. She is usually on the Xbox 360 playing Mass Effect, but I think she has played all of the paths through that game, and probable most of not all of the storyline "forks." Its an interesting game to say the least. She does play EnB periodically, but usually on one of my characters mining or something mellow. I very seldom catch any flack for being on my puter most of the day. I also work from the same spot I game. :)

-Overt.

Excellent news Zack!! I thank you for your efforts in creating this fix!! :)

-Overt.

Edit: Whoops, wife must have been perusing the forums on my puter. lol

Within 2 minutes?

I think you just realized posting as Overt from your "anonymous" account ....  :lol:  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

As an epitaph of this thread, since the issue has been addressed I'd like to say...

Thank you for the /hidedebris command...

My system performance in Paramis is now excellent when I implement the command, it no longer feels like flying in soup... Frames went from 30-40 to 60-70 FPS. 

Every raid leader should remember this command, it needs to be implemented before entering a sector and goes away on logout/crash but it may prevent more crashes than anything...

Okay, after trying to give this tweak the "Collage try," I am wondering if there is a way to make this tweak permanent? Maybe in the way the chat channel slash commands make the newer chat channels go away for good (Character DB setting).

I frequently have to run several toons at once, and having to exit and re-enter the sector with all of them, say for a fish bowl, GoBB, or just hunting in Paramis, often results in a lot of crashing and relogging. And this isn't something some of us want to be enabled at all. Killing it helped a ton with lag issues.

Thanks again for this tweak! It's a nice option to have. :)

• 3 months later...