Bug : Spies R Us - Terran Brush Pass.

• 3 months later...

This quest is still bugged.

Stuck at part 2.

See support ticket 23535

I forfeit the quest but the items i already have 2x EarthCorps Intelligence Report NP3 is still in my cargo.

Can sell of destroy them :S

Edited by Rednasnl

Pilots may have to trade them at the StarClipper Station to prod the mission to advance.  From what I gather, the mission requires trading yes, but it's to be done docked at the facility in Mercury.

I have two Progen versions to trade, so PM me if you want to test this.

Just another spy moonlighting as a Reporter, this is the Pakkrat.

• 2 months later...

I'm playing a Jenquai Explorer doing this mission and can't find anyone at Starclipper that wants to trade Intelligence reports (not counting being able to sell the ones I was given for craptastically small amounts of credits).  Not sure how to advance this mission.  I engaged the 1st NPC through the door (Jonac Frotlin) as she was the only one that would give me a mission and did all she assigned me (oy, CL 18 mob at CL 12) but still no joy.  Really want to know how to move forward in the Intelligence Report exchange.

Again, if I'm logged on, /tell the toon I'm playing and I'll get a Progen toon with the Progen Intelligence out to StarClipper Station and trade with you.

This isn't rocket science and is Content we can share, player to player. Not all Content will be horsing around with NPCs, mobs, or having terminal sex.

Live from Saturn's NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.

Spies R Us - The Brush Pass                                                              

Terran = Maxi Bubumpa (Mission giver) - Main deck - Jagerstadt - Zweihander planet   = pick up 2 reports

Jenquai = Master Ayam  (Mission giver) - Lounge - Yasuragi - Swooping Eagle planet  = pick up 2 reports 

Progen = Gratis Augustus Var  (Mission giver) - Main Deck - Arx Tiberius - Tarsis  = pick up 2 reports 

Each 'player' (race) does this 

Now make your way to StarClipper station in Mercury and dock .

Exchange reports (example if you are a Progen give 1 of your Progen reports to a Terran for 1 of his Terran reports and 1 of your reports to a Jenquai for 1 of his , be careful not give wrong reports)

Now you should as per the example above as a Progen have 1 Terran and 1 Jenquai report and no Progen reports, and the Terran will have 1 Progen and 1 Jenquai and the Jenquai 1 Terran and 1 Progen . 

Make your way back to the mission giver and hey presto your done :)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

So, with the log player population, and at times nearly nobody in chat...you have to get together with 2 other race types in a off the beaten track station? Then trade and item with them,  hope they also have their racial version of the same mission and  the item in their hold and are at the off the beaten path station at the same time as you....

Yeah, my hand is straying left...cursor dragging up into missions tab....opening mission description...there is the button...and FORFEIT..there mission problems solved....tah!

Please think these through a little better guys.....

A well populated station please....one frequented by all the races equally.

One that you don't have to take something from the other player, they being at the same place, at the same time, with a like item to exchange with you.....what's the odds of that? I mean really the odds of that, and not people that are completionists with two other alts multiboxing just to do a mission?

Yes, forfeit solved my problems with this mission...

Edited by Mattsacre

2 hours ago, Mattsacre said:

So, with the log player population, and at times nearly nobody in chat...you have to get together with 2 other race types in a off the beaten track station? Then trade and item with them,  hope they also have their racial version of the same mission and  the item in their hold and are at the off the beaten path station at the same time as you....

Yeah, my hand is straying left...cursor dragging up into missions tab....opening mission description...there is the button...and FORFEIT..there mission problems solved....tah!

Please think these through a little better guys.....

A well populated station please....one frequented by all the races equally.

One that you don't have to take something from the other player, they being at the same place, at the same time, with a like item to exchange with you.....what's the odds of that? I mean really the odds of that, and not people that are completionists with two other alts multiboxing just to do a mission?

Yes, forfeit solved my problems with this mission...

So what you are saying is that this mission could use a re-write taking into consideration the server population etc?

One possible solution would be to make the mission repeatable so players like myself (who have already done the mission) could help another player complete the mission .

Edited by Prrekoorb
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

What I was saying (and I like sharp cheese, but pass on the wine, maybe something un-fermented and non-carbonated please?) Is the problem with all missions requiring other players input for completion: getting the other players.

My extended comment was this specific mission has even more inherent weaknesses: getting two other players and two other races not your own...who have not completed the mission before, to be at the appropriate level of experience that they also can take the mission x2 players, then be on the server all x3 at the same time, in a out of the way station to make a player to player trade x2.

That's, let's see,  SIX  "must haves" times 3 that has to be met before you can attempt to complete the mission. So 6x3= 18 conditions that must be met for you to be able to do this mission. Given the server population, heck given 500 players on..what are the odds? This mission was like written for multi-boxing lol.

At least with the much PITA Agrippa, you only need be interacting with 1 other player at a time, with them also needing your interaction (even craving interaction) to complete a stage, yes you need several stages of interaction, but you have time and locale not locked, they don't have to be at your exact level range, the interaction can be a "hand back of help" from someone already having done it. after the interchange you can continue on your working of your part not dependent on them for a while.

As far as I know the "reward" is just the standard xp/credit/rep, nothing spectacular nor item reward in it.

@ arthur, thanks for the snark, I hear snark pot pie if rather filling, I'll probably have mine with hot cider :)

• 1 year later...

Spies R Us - The Brush Pass                                                              

Terran = Maxi Bubumpa (Mission giver) - Main deck - Jagerstadt - Zweihander planet   = pick up 2 reports

Jenquai = Master Ayam  (Mission giver) - Lounge - Yasuragi - Swooping Eagle planet  = pick up 2 reports 

Progen = Gratis Augustus Var  (Mission giver) - Main Deck - Arx Tiberius - Tarsis  = pick up 2 reports 

Each 'player' (race) does this 

Now make your way to StarClipper station in Mercury and dock .

Exchange reports (example if you are a Progen give 1 of your Progen reports to a Terran for 1 of his Terran reports and 1 of your reports to a Jenquai for 1 of his , be careful not give wrong reports)

Now you should as per the example above as a Progen have 1 Terran and 1 Jenquai report and no Progen reports, and the Terran will have 1 Progen and 1 Jenquai and the Jenquai 1 Terran and 1 Progen . 

Make your way back to the mission giver and hey presto your done :):)

Edited by Prrekoorb
Bumped :)