Newbie missions for Progen Sentinal

Second mission for a Progen Sentinal from the class leader is to kill manes until you recover a gene map...

And the starter weapon is?  An energy beam...

Suggestion:  Make the manes in the newbie sector vulnerable to Energy weapons OR Give the newbie PS another damage type.

I mean, really?  Who thought this was going to make sense in a newbie sector?

• Upvote 1

Mission Prospecting II...

1. Proceed to Debris Field Gamma

2. Prospect at least 10 copper ore from any of the Debris Fields...

No copper bearing resource nodes near Debris Field Gamma...

Copper nodes @ Debris Field Alpha....

Why send a newbie who may not have any experience with the game to a nav that does NOT contain the mission required items and force them to warp their incredibly slow ship around looking for them?

• Upvote 1

Second mission for a Progen Sentinal from the class leader is to kill manes until you recover a gene map...

And the starter weapon is?  An energy beam...

Suggestion:  Make the manes in the newbie sector vulnerable to Energy weapons OR Give the newbie PS another damage type.

I mean, really?  Who thought this was going to make sense in a newbie sector?

You can always go hulk hunting at the nav before the manes (seeing as the PS is a miner not a fighter) for a few lvls of trade (debris) and gear up on proto reactor/shield and a better proto plasma beam ( and at higher lvl now that you gained a few skill points turning in the debris and doing some exploring) . Then those manes are easy :)

No disrespect to Liucee ,just trying to offer a solution :)

Btw not saying you have to put points into 'free' beams that will see you through your newbie missions (including going to Mars missile trail for some easy cl and tl xp ) , but there is always the option of a CF later . 

Mission Prospecting II...

No copper bearing resource nodes near Debris Field Gamma...

Copper nodes @ Debris Field Alpha....

Why send a newbie who may not have any experience with the game to a nav that does NOT contain the mission required items and force them to warp their incredibly slow ship around looking for them?

No offence ment to Liucee but aint the PS an explorer ? , so he explores around a bit as the mission states .

It just seems to me that newbie sectors should be build with "Newbies" in mind.. not "Player with several toons that is starting a new alt"... I approached my time in the PS newbie area as if I knew nothing of the game.. I found these two issues that seem to be out of step with the idea that someone may actually start a PS and not know anything about the game..

• Upvote 1

Good point Liucee.  Also in the original game the PE was the least popular class.  There could be some people who play the emulator that didn't play the original.  Not to mention, a PE might not want to put points into Beam Weapon, since their racial weapon is Projectiles.  Maybe have a L1 plasma beam that the PE can use drop in the newbie sector, not just in the hulks.

And this is fundamentally different how from the JE mission that sends you to the Decommissioned Transport, yet the ores are not *exactly* in that location?

This mission merely opens a new navigation point for you, before asking for the actual mining requirements. For new players.

• 1 year later...

I was a little frustrated by this. Sure PS are "explorers" but I didn't want to spend forever searching every single debris field for the correct location and die 3-4 times in the process. It was enough to make me not want to play but I love EnB. I am new coming back to EnB since the shutdown so many years ago (Thanks EA! >.< ). But yeah, as a newbie this was very frustrating.